The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

paddy

Reaction score
So, let's hope he gets back soon "AND" when he get's back, he puts out "quality products all the time". This wasn't the case when he was building guitars.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WildBroskiAppears

Reaction score
So, let's hope he gets back soon "AND" when he get's back, he puts out "quality products all the time". This wasn't the case when he was building guitars.

It certainly was before he started slipping. There's a reason his black friday sale took in ~200 orders.

Speculum Speculorum

Reaction score
I can't imagine anyone giving this man more money after the events of the past few years.

Well, there will be the occasional idiot that will shell him some cash, but probably not enough business to keep him afloat.

I sure hope that Bernie likes building Adirondack chairs, because he's going to have to find a different career path with all that wood equipment he's got going on there. :fawk:

Qweklain

Reaction score
Well, there will be the occasional idiot that will shell him some cash, but probably not enough business to keep him afloat.

I sure hope that Bernie likes building Adirondack chairs, because he's going to have to find a different career path with all that wood equipment he's got going on there. :fawk:
Tht's assuming his assets are not seized to be liquidated for bills he cannot pay...

WillDfx

Reaction score
I really do hope B can get back in shape, and start making and finishing guitars again. The few I've had were awesome, one had a few issues but nothing major, and Bernie made them right. I know he and his team have the capabilities to make great instruments, I just hope they make better decisions in the future.

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score
I really do hope B can get back in shape, and start making and finishing guitars again. The few I've had were awesome, one had a few issues but nothing major, and Bernie made them right. I know he and his team have the capabilities to make great instruments, I just hope they make better decisions in the future.

I hope the same, bro!! I want to play my guitars. :(

Qweklain

Reaction score
As of yesterday my dispute I filed with my bank against my final payment was credited back to my account. I am still out $500 at this point, but it's better than being screwed out of $2500 total!

I would probably still want my guitar if he ever does return and is able to build again, especially considering mine is actually done. Oh well, the realistic aspect on that is it ain't gonna happen...

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score
Glad you got your money back. Unfortunately, some of us have to wait since it's been a long time since we paid.

At least, spent your money wisely this time. :D

Reaction score
I've reading the full topic.

You guys have balls of iron/steel/whatever is very heavy. I hope a solution can be found in the process to finish the guitars or get your money back (with a lot of prayers and candles, sadly)...

I've tried a Jekyll 6 in tropical burst finish with 27 frets and EMGs, not bad guitar. Luthiery is good, PU are good, but... the trem isn't a real Floyd Rose, an original. It's not a Schaller made or a Floyd made, it's an asian piece with huge fine tuners.
The electronics are basically mounted.
And... frets are... fat and flat. So the intonation point isn't good. I don't know if they are put as is to the fretboard (ebony) or if it's the intensive playing on it.
I'm interested in that guitar (it's a 3rd hand), but I'm afraid after have reading this thread and other messages about BRJ guitars (twisted necks)...

Good luck and best wishes for all those who placed a BF order.

Qweklain

Reaction score
Glad you got your money back. Unfortunately, some of us have to wait since it's been a long time since we paid.

At least, spent your money wisely this time. :D
I already spent it by picking up a spot in that Jackson CS SL2H-7 run.

judgey1197

Reaction score
Ive been following this thread for a long time now. Its painful to see what you guys are going through. Especially because a BRJ is my dream guitar, but now, i feel like that is a dream i will never achieve. :wallbash:
BRJs are AMAZING instruments though:metal::shred:

Diggi

Reaction score
Ive been following this thread for a long time now. Its painful to see what you guys are going through. Especially because a BRJ is my dream guitar, but now, i feel like that is a dream i will never achieve. :wallbash:
BRJs are AMAZING instruments though:metal::shred:

I believe that if you polled this audience, they'd disagree with you based on many of the instruments received from BRJ in the last year or so...

However, many are so tired of this that they may not even respond.

In any case, it is insanely depressing.....

Speculum Speculorum

Reaction score
Sometimes... sometimes they are amazing instruments.

If you've looked through this thread you'll know that on more than a few occasions an axe has come out of his shop so thoroughly "farkled" that you'd think a drunk 12-year-old put it together. Many others will attest that this recent botch job by him isn't the first time, either.

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
I believe if you polled the audience that has/does own a BRJ, most would agree with him. MOST. I only wish he'd have gotten more good instruments into people's hands so his intended work could speak for itself. Damn, seeing what he used to make versus the way he's been building and operating of late actually gives me residual grief, it's like seeing Michael Jordan lose a foot to diabetes.

Diggi

Reaction score
I believe if you polled the audience that has/does own a BRJ, most would agree with him. MOST. I only wish he'd have gotten more good instruments into people's hands so his intended work could speak for itself. Damn, seeing what he used to make versus the way he's been building and operating of late actually gives me residual grief, it's like seeing Michael Jordan lose a foot to diabetes.

Me too.

Speculum Speculorum

Reaction score

If you compare the number of people who ordered guitars to the number of people who actually received great guitars (hell. Let's say even received any instrument at all), you start to get a pretty dismal impression of his luthier work. And there are reports of serious issues going back as many as, at this point, 5-6 years. Even with my guitar, which is really high quality, it looks like somebody took a pocket knife to the truss rod cavity. Really shit work. And almost every person who's received a guitar in the last several years will attest to the fact that there is at least one considerable cosmetic flaw with their instrument - botched side dots, inconsistent finish, etc. Difficult to defend when people are paying $3,000+ for a custom instrument.

Basically, that schmuck doesn't really build his guitars at all - barely touches them, in fact. What we've seen as far as great guitars coming out of BRJ have merely been periods where he had some great hired help for a while. I hope that everybody who's left over gets taken care of, but hopefully that douche hangs up his luthier work once he's finished.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
He did having it going on for while. Before I ordered mine I played all of Zimbloths and a couple that had come into his shop and were on their way to the owners and they were
all beautiful guitars. Zimbloth had a bunch of them and I don' think I ever heard of any issues with any of them. Mine is perfect and still blows me away every time I play it.
I wouldn't give him a penny of my money now, whoever was putting these things together in 2010-early 2011 knew what they were doing.
it's a tragedy that so many of you got royally fucked by this guy/company :(

Last edited:
')