The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

paddy

Reaction score
And there are reports of serious issues going back as many as, at this point, 5-6 years. Even with my guitar, which is really high quality, it looks like somebody took a pocket knife to the truss rod cavity. Really shit work. And almost every person who's received a guitar in the last several years will attest to the fact that there is at least one considerable cosmetic flaw with their instrument - botched side dots, inconsistent finish, etc. Difficult to defend when people are paying $3,000+ for a custom instrument.

Yep. Can confirm all of the above to be true on my guitar. Just like yours, really bad work in the truss rod cavity with totally worn hex end on truss rod, Wrong side dot positions, scratches on the finish, bad positioning of screws that connect the floyd strings to the body, are the ones that come immediately to my mind.

Feel really sorry for all the people who got shafted lot worse than me. At least I've got a guitar to show for.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Qweklain

Reaction score
Good news guys, Bernie just called me today. Literally got off the phone about 15 minutes ago with him at the the time of this post.

I don't know any details, but he said he WAS in the hospital to clear up any of those rumors of running and whatnot. He is back and taking things slow and just taking things on one at a time.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good news guys, Bernie just called me today. Literally got off the phone about 15 minutes ago with him at the the time of this post.

I don't know any details, but he said he WAS in the hospital to clear up any of those rumors of running and whatnot. He is back and taking things slow and just taking things on one at a time.

Well, that's a positive, at least. :yesway:

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Let's all say a prayer for Bernie and keep the negative BS to a minimum. The shit talk doesn't help anyone.

AwDeOh

Reaction score
It's nice to wake up in the morning, drink my coffee and get a warm fuzzy hearing that all this might get resolved eventually for all you guys.

Agreed, Spacedock, I'm hoping for his own sake he doesn't find this thread.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score

That's good to hear man. I'm still watching this thread and hoping that things eventually come to a peaceful and workable conclusion.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Awesome! I'm going for relax, at least for now, because it looks like we'll be getting our instruments in time. That's a big load off!

spawnsc

Reaction score
hope rest of us get a well deserved call, any particular reason he called you? didn't you get part of your money back? lol

Speculum Speculorum

Reaction score
hope rest of us get a well deserved call, any particular reason he called you? didn't you get part of your money back? lol

As though everything else so far has been the pinnacle of rational behavior. :lol:

I'm glad the guy is out of the nut hut, but I wouldn't be too quick to jump on the hooray wagon. It's not like we haven't been here before, in a situation eerily similar to this. I wouldn't sit tight until my guitar was in my hands, and if I could, I'd still get my money back.

Qweklain

Reaction score
I did get my final payment back. He called me first because my guitar was literally completely finished, just sitting there waiting to be shipped. It is ready to go now and he called to see if I still wanted it.

Of course I am leery on it, but I do want it still so I am just waiting on those funds that were returned to me to be cleared before I basically send the money back to him again so I am not sitting out even more.

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score
I did get my final payment back. He called me first because my guitar was literally completely finished, just sitting there waiting to be shipped. It is ready to go now and he called to see if I still wanted it.

Of course I am leery on it, but I do want it still so I am just waiting on those funds that were returned to me to be cleared before I basically send the money back to him again so I am not sitting out even more.

That's going to be a really interesting NGD.

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
Just got an email from the man himself...glad he's back and feeling better.

foreright

Reaction score

You're a braver man than me - I would be telling him to ship the thing and THEN he can have his money or going there in person with cash. It's not like he has form for saying a guitar is ready and then sitting on the money for two years is it... Oh wait...

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

How does that saying go? "Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice......"

arkohors

Reaction score

Tell him you'll do a CoD, that way you are guaranteed to get your guitar upon payment. If he's not willing to do that, then my guess is your guitar is not ready to be shipped :nono:

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score
To be honest, I haven't been checking this thread often and I am reading wonderful things. Bernie is finally back!!!

The first thing I did, and don't accuse me for that but I emailed him and texted him to see what's up and of course if he can update on any of my orders. Let's hope, we get our guitars soon and yeah, let's all be positive. :D

Latest posts

')