The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

Speculum Speculorum

Reaction score
Majkel,

The problem is that there have been numerous instances of BRJ saying "Just needs hardware" or "it's ready to ship - need payment" and then once he has money he disappears for a year or so, and the variety of responses when finally making contact range from:

Oh, your guitar had build issues.

to (paraphrasing):

Who, exactly, the fuck are you?

He has every right to be nervous, and it's probably reasonable that he is.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Majkel

Reaction score
Majkel,

The problem is that there have been numerous instances of BRJ saying "Just needs hardware" or "it's ready to ship - need payment" and then once he has money he disappears for a year or so, and the variety of responses when finally making contact range from:

Oh, your guitar had build issues.

to (paraphrasing):

Who, exactly, the fuck are you?

He has every right to be nervous, and it's probably reasonable that he is.

Oh absolutely, there's been more than enough of those to warrant cash after delivery as some people have suggested. I may have misunderstood the intention of Rifftrauma's comment when you put it in that context :yesway:

killertone

Reaction score
Ok so those of you who have gotten phone calls...is it from the same number he used to have or is it a new one?

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
Now that he is out, can someone check in on him?

I would like to trust him, but for Christ's sake, calling people for money without delivering to those of us who are paid up seems like a huge scam. My stuff has been "ready for assembly" "two weeks" "waiting on cases" and every other line for a year now, don't give him your money until you see the guitar boxed up with your name on the shipping label!!!!

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score
Ok so those of you who have gotten phone calls...is it from the same number he used to have or is it a new one?

I've sent a few texts to the number I assume you got, which is registered on an iPhone and when he was in the "hospital" it was showing as text message, which meant it was turned off. Now that he's out it appears as iMessage and all my texts were delivered.

So I guess, it's the same old number.

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
He's asked me to call him now twice via email and I've responded with "yea dude I need your number...". I've tried calling the number I got 2 years ago when I set all this up and it rings twice, goes to Bernie's answering machine and then won't allow me to leave a message. :scratch:

killertone

Reaction score
He's asked me to call him now twice via email and I've responded with "yea dude I need your number...". I've tried calling the number I got 2 years ago when I set all this up and it rings twice, goes to Bernie's answering machine and then won't allow me to leave a message. :scratch:

What email address?

7stringkeke

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my bank. They went in my favor and the $3,800 amount I paid Bernie was completely credited back to my account. My Rico stress is now gone!!!

Khoi

Reaction score
I think I'm going to call them and talk to them about it. I'm with BoA, so I'm not sure how much of a chance I have...

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my bank. They went in my favor and the $3,800 amount I paid Bernie was completely credited back to my account. My Rico stress is now gone!!!

WOW! That is probably THE BEST news to come out of this thread so far. Congrats man!

Speculum Speculorum

Reaction score
YES! So many more deserving luthiers out there waiting for work. This is great news. I can only hope that it steamrolls forward for many others.

')