The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

toiletstand

/\'...'/\
Reaction score
he accpets paypal now. why not agree on a tine limit for delivery and file a charge back if the guitar doesnt arrive on time

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score
You're too good of a person to have to deal with this, Mike. That is most definitely for sure. :agreed:

I guess, I am used to people failing in terms of honestly, dignity, respect, willingness, friendship, and whatever values makes a human being, Max. :(

It was my fault from the start getting too excited and getting orders together, I sold quite some gear.

Let's hope, it will turn out good for all of us.

HRC51

Reaction score
he needs to begin by shipping guitars to customers that have paid the entire amount, then start shipping to those who've paid a deposit

Yes!

Why can't Bernie look through his inventory and make a schedule/set an order and post the list? At least you would know where you stood in line.

I guess it makes more sense to him to complete 1 random guitar every 2 years...

AwDeOh

Reaction score
Agreed it won't happen, but it damned well should, or some other sincere offering. I read a quote a few days back from a small business owner:

"The old-school model still really works: have passion for your product; care about your customers; have absolute integrity. That's still good business,"

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
Health care expenses, be they physical or mental, are not cheap. I'd be willing to bet that if he ceases to have all money come in he won't have money to finish many of the guitars that need to be finished.

Speculum Speculorum

Reaction score
I just saw a Mark Twain quote that is oh so fitting:

"It is easier to fool people than convince people that they have been fooled."

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
Yes!

Why can't Bernie look through his inventory and make a schedule/set an order and post the list? At least you would know where you stood in line.

I guess it makes more sense to him to complete 1 random guitar every 2 years...

That's what Chris G tried, we all saw how well that went.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
Keep in mind, the longer he strings you along, the closer it gets to a statute of limitations expiration.

When the SOL expires, you are generally SOL.*

Just a little something to think about.

(* = subject to a whole bunch of qualifiers, restrictions, exceptions, etc.)

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score
He should be calling you, on HIS dime.

Well, I hope you tell him you expect absolute perfection, no BS and free shipping for all the hassle.

KEEP US POSTED!!!!

Well, he should he has been avoiding to talk to me straight the last 1 and a half weeks. So I will tell him, exactly what I want and I won't let him try to make me feel bad or anything for his situation and demand what he owes me!!

xwestonx

Reaction score
Better news than I've gotten so far (no communication what so ever).

Update: I just got an email from Bernie. While it says nothing worthwhile it is the first time I've heard from him since mid December

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score
So "talked" with Bernie last night.

After a couple of emails back and forth we finally arranged what time to call him, I called him 2 times the first one I couldn't hear him and then I called again. We talked for 2-3 min max, saying how much he is trying the past 5 months, he understands how everyone's frustrated about the situation, especially about my situation since, how hard I have been trying to reach him, that I have invested so much money and the usual same things over and over.
When we were talking his phone had bad reception so the line went off. So I was calling back again and again but the automated voice mail system was coming up all the time.
I sent him a few emails and messages asking what's up, why the line went off, my messages where not getting delivered to his phone since it was turned off or had no service I suppose. I tried calling around 40 times, still mailbox, I gave up since it was around 3am here and I had a long day so needed to sleep.

Funny thing is, when I woke up like 2 hours ago, my messages were delivered but no word (email or text) from Bernie explaining why the phone went off or whatever.
I guess, we will have a Round 2 tonight of trying to have some successful communication with Bernie and FINALLY get an update or something!!

P.S Thank you, Bernie for actually confirming my frustration. I apologise for the whining guys.

NGD tomorrow.....

Finally, Grats man!!!

ovation22

Reaction score
I don't understand why it's your responsibility to contact him. Shouldn't he be bending over backwards to contact you and make it right?

Seriously Mike, it's time for legal action.

foreright

Reaction score
I don't understand why it's your responsibility to contact him. Shouldn't he be bending over backwards to contact you and make it right?

Seriously Mike, it's time for legal action.

This ^. You're in a foreign country to him. You're not going to show up on his doorstep. You're being overly reasonable here.

He has no reason to ship anything since you're continuously just willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and "one more try". Sorry to say you won't see anything - money or guitar - unless you sue his backside.

The above came out slightly harsher than I meant - nothing personal, but BRJ is using your good nature against you.

')