The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Diggi

Reaction score
I think, what he means with in stock guitars is mostly guitars that are not owned by someone.

I just hope you get a little more than you paid for. And by the way, I don't think you've done ANYTHING to put yourself ahead of others. NOT AT ALL.

So for me, I hope your guitars are his main focus right now.

Peace!

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
Bernie's best bet is to start sending out awesome guitars randomly. But to definitely include some of the dudes who have 3+ coming to them to tide them over for a bit. Honestly, that's probably what he is doing based on how it's been the last few days. Builds hype, let's people know that guitars are coming out again and keeps everyone anticipating theirs but keeps them at bay because they see others getting theirs, knowing theirs could come at any time. Smart dude to do it like that.

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score
If you take another persons guitar won't it just get even more complicated?

You can take my 8 if I got my deposit back off Bernie :lol:

I just hope you get a little more than you paid for. And by the way, I don't think you've done ANYTHING to put yourself ahead of others. NOT AT ALL.

So for me, I hope your guitars are his main focus right now.

Peace!

I just want everyone including myself to get what they paid for, that's all. I am sure we all understand each other since we are in the same situation.

Bernie's best bet is to start sending out awesome guitars randomly. But to definitely include some of the dudes who have 3+ coming to them to tide them over for a bit. Honestly, that's probably what he is doing based on how it's been the last few days. Builds hype, let's people know that guitars are coming out again and keeps everyone anticipating theirs but keeps them at bay because they see others getting theirs, knowing theirs could come at any time. Smart dude to do it like that.

To be honest, I have no idea what's up with the woodshop. If it's running smoothly or not.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
To be honest, I think what's happening is that he's back, 100% at it again and is just trying to tide you guys over until he can actually finish the guitars. Like, he means well and is trying to get them all done, but it's not like you can finish a guitar a day and have them all be perfect. With some patience, I actually believe you'll all get your guitars and this mess will be completely behind us all. :2c:

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score
To be honest, I think what's happening is that he's back, 100% at it again and is just trying to tide you guys over until he can actually finish the guitars. Like, he means well and is trying to get them all done, but it's not like you can finish a guitar a day and have them all be perfect. With some patience, I actually believe you'll all get your guitars and this mess will be completely behind us all. :2c:

Amen, brother! Amen!!

paddy

Reaction score

Well, some look at it that way, and, some look at it this way:
Smart? Is it smart to ruin your business? Smart is the last word that comes to mind.
Is he building them again because he wants to or is he building them again because he sees dark clouds in the horizon?
And last but no least (as at least one other guy has already mentioned this), is he trying to buy time for himself?

I wonder.

So, he's building guitars again. Nothing special. Should've done it a long time ago.

Kiwimetal101

'Tread Lightly'
Reaction score

Why couldn't he be 100% before??

Yes he's trying his best to make amends and rebuild his reputation, but I don't think we should be welcoming him back with open arms until he gets past the backlog and into full STABLE production again

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score

Yes he's trying his best to make amends and rebuild his reputation, but I don't think we should be welcoming him back with open arms until he gets past the backlog and into full STABLE production again

I never said we should be welcoming him back with open arms yet. Obviously, he's on a very short line with everyone but It's my belief that he is going to come through. And he couldn't be 100% before because he was sick. And just because he wasn't physically ill doesn't mean he wasn't more sick than people with the flu. Being sick always takes a toll, especially on his work.

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
There's no smart or stupid when it comes to mental health problems. It's not like the guy chose to have a mental breakdown. I don't feel that that's meant that his customers shouldn't have and still shouldn't be pursuing whatever course they feel is appropriate. But I think the guy's actions now at least indicate that the story about him losing it were at least true to some extent. There's really no other logical reason for it.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
He was less than 100% a long time before he got sick man

When you're a guy like Bernie, who's passionate about his craft, you try to stay at it as long as you can. Even if you start to falter with it. As his mental health was declining, so was his work. The recent couple guitars he just put out are proof enough that both he and his guitars are back up to their original excellent standards.

There's no smart or stupid when it comes to mental health problems. It's not like the guy chose to have a mental breakdown. I don't feel that that's meant that his customers shouldn't have and still shouldn't be pursuing whatever course they feel is appropriate. But I think the guy's actions now at least indicate that the story about him losing it were at least true to some extent. There's really no other logical reason for it.

Repped. Exactly this.

Speculum Speculorum

Reaction score
I suppose that all the crap leading up to Bernie's hospitalization could have been a slow and steady drop-off into mental health issues. Perhaps over several years his mind was slowly deteriorating, and then all the self-imposed stress caused an eventual collapse...

However, he still screwed people around before the whole BFR deal, and we didn't find out about it until well into this whole friggin' mess. The guy still owes me $200 that I was supposed to get, half of which should have been used to fix his sorry-ass excuse for a setup that he did on my guitar before he sent it to me.

I hope that the guy can get people their guitars and that everybody gets what they paid for, because he owes it to his customers. But no matter what shining halo comes emerging out of the poo that is this last bit o' history... I won't give him any money, and I'll tell anybody who asks me about the guitar that they'd be better off slamming their pecker in a freezer door than ordering through him.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score

Listen, as much as I hate to say it. Especially since one of my friends is stuck in this mess as well, absolutely nothing Bernie does will make anyone feel better until the current set of issues is stricken.

He puts out a guitar = People wonder where's theirs
He calls one person and we find out = Everyone wants a phone call
He gets on track and starts again = People wonder why he didn't do it sooner

There's no point to elongating the thread with things like this, sure it's a valid complaint but if Bernie's back in the shop he should be the one to hear your concerns. These updates give people hope, and people will start expecting things once again, a poor thing to do as history shows.

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
Agreed Kenji. Bernie needs to also understand that he isn't off the hook. As a BRJ customer, I love his instruments and the man himself, but this has become absurd. He needs to understand how close he is to MAJOR legal repercussions. He should be reminded of this by everyone who speaks to him in my opinion.

Diggi

Reaction score
Mike,

Did he say anything about following a "list" or any comprehensive order or how he was deciding who's guitars to finish first?

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score
Mike,

Did he say anything about following a "list" or any comprehensive order or how he was deciding who's guitars to finish first?

Not really, but if I recall correctly he is finishing up the ones that are the easiest to be done. But, I promise next time I talk with him I'll ask him!

slayercannibalsuffohead

Reaction score
Agreed Kenji. Bernie needs to also understand that he isn't off the hook. As a BRJ customer, I love his instruments and the man himself, but this has become absurd. He needs to understand how close he is to MAJOR legal repercussions. He should be reminded of this by everyone who speaks to him in my opinion.

"Needs to also understand?" This is what he understands .......... "I just want to swap for something to the same value or better", "I think he's back", "My guitar arrived with a big dirty scratch in it, but at this point, I don't really care, I'm just glad I got something", "I'm chasing him hard, and am right on his arse, and I told him, if he doesn't deliver, Legal action could be pursued!", (and this gem) "I LOVE HIS INSTRUMENTS AND THE MAN HIMSELF!" Is it any wonder that this shit just rolls on? Apparently it now has "become absurd". *NEWS FLASH*, that was 18+ months ago!

"He needs to understand how close he is to MAJOR legal repercussions. He should be reminded of this by everyone who speaks to him in my opinion". No, he is not close and probably will never be, as all the "talk" has reverted to NO ACTION as a whole group and with the addition of a couple of NGD's with imperfections and scratches etc, has re-enforced this yet again, with 80% of us taking the bait, with posts of enduring love for the man and a gullible appetite for the brief glimpses of hope. We here now are REALLY becoming the problem, not Bernie!

So it's now down to swaps and imperfections on instruments. Can it get any lower? I think it can. It's obvious that there will be nothing done as a "group" and Bernie knows this, so sub standard guitars will be shipped in dribs and drabs and someone else will end up with another persons guitar in a swap deal that will go wrong, and the legal action ball will be talked about again and nothing done. Now we are starting to question "who should get theirs first", and "better not get my guitar in a swap". HE IS PLAYING YOU FOLKS, WAKE UP!

Oh well, sing it with me ........ (insert violins and tissues), "Que Sera Sera, whatever will be, will be" ..........

')