The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score
Really? That's very bizarre. I hope that doesn't affect it getting into Greece.

Well, I know that when you ship something overseas, you usually declare a value. Bernie told them to input a value and all, and they replied that is not necessary. So I don't know...

I am sure it will get into Greece, but I don't know how the whole no value declaration will affect the Customs here, if it will pass or it will have to be examined.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Minoin

Scientist
Reaction score
That looks sleek as hell! Good for you Mike, who would have thought you would still get something decent out of this :p Now look at those beauties..

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score
That looks sleek as hell! Good for you Mike, who would have thought you would still get something decent out of this :p Now look at those beauties..

Well, I had to make 2 stock guitars look good, didn't I? :lol: I am glad they turned out nice so far. I bet the final product of both would be even better!! :D

Shit, dude. Looks good! :D

Thanks a lot, man!! :yesway:

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
Glad you're getting through. He hasn't responded to anything from me, but one at a time is better than not.

noob_pwn

Reaction score
again, could somebody please PM me Bernie's latest contact details so I can find out what's going on with my guitar? I can't get in touch with him.
Much appreciated!

peet

Defender of things
Reaction score
^^I second this^^

I have gotten no response from any emails or texts from any of the contacts I have for him.

Aris_T

Reaction score
I am sure it will get into Greece, but I don't know how the whole no value declaration will affect the Customs here, if it will pass or it will have to be examined.

"But...officer, it's a gift!" :lol:

Other than that, your guitars are turning out awesome!

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score
"But...officer, it's a gift!" :lol:

Other than that, your guitars are turning out awesome!

hahahaha!

Since you are a fellow Greek, I am sure you know how annoying the Greek Customs are at the airport. I had to beg once for a guitar to be handed to me over regular mail or it would have sent back and the other time, I had to get papers from 7 different offices and pay quite an amount even though the value was declared quite low.
Oh Dear Lord, let it all go smooth... :lol:

Nonetheless, thank you very much, sir!! :D

Aris_T

Reaction score
hahahaha!

Since you are a fellow Greek, I am sure you know how annoying the Greek Customs are at the airport. I had to beg once for a guitar to be handed to me over regular mail or it would have sent back and the other time, I had to get papers from 7 different offices and pay quite an amount even though the value was declared quite low.

Hellenic Post Office (where dreams become nightmares). Hopefully you won't be having trouble with UPS (even if they charge you with something, you will just pay UPS to get the papers from the 7 different offices)

PS: do you have any shipments arriving around August 15? :p

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score
Hellenic Post Office (where dreams become nightmares). Hopefully you won't be having trouble with UPS (even if they charge you with something, you will just pay UPS to get the papers from the 7 different offices)

PS: do you have any shipments arriving around August 15? :p

As long as, you know how to avoid the Customs here, it's all good. When the Customs get involved, it's like FML!!
it's USPS, not UPS, normal post office. So I hope it will be like a breeze!! haha!
It should arrive here on Tuesday. Wish me luck!! :lol"

PS: Honestly, I have no idea, please Mother Mary help me out!!! The worst thing that happened to me this year, was when something arrived for me here on "Big Friday" during our Easter... I had to wait until Wednesday after Easter to receive the package, cause May 1st was on "Big Wednesday". Still, I love my country best place on Earth for vacation. :lol:

Aris_T

Reaction score
As long as, you know how to avoid the Customs here, it's all good. When the Customs get involved, it's like FML!!
it's USPS, not UPS, normal post office. So I hope it will be like a breeze!! haha!
It should arrive here on Tuesday. Wish me luck!! :lol"

PS: Honestly, I have no idea, please Mother Mary help me out!!! The worst thing that happened to me this year, was when something arrived for me here on "Big Friday" during our Easter... I had to wait until Wednesday after Easter to receive the package, cause May 1st was on "Big Wednesday". Still, I love my country best place on Earth for vacation. :lol:

Hahahaha, didn't notice the extra S... Good luck man!!! I'm sure it'll be smooth.

PS: I was waiting for a paycheck around that time...(arrived Monday, after Thomas' Sunday - I love greek-to-english translations)...I know the pain!

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score
Hahahaha, didn't notice the extra S... Good luck man!!! I'm sure it'll be smooth.

PS: I was waiting for a paycheck around that time...(arrived Monday after, Thomas' Sunday - I love greek-to-english translations)...I know the pain!

Pray for me, bro!!! This stupid bureaucracy here is killing us, it's like wanting us to actually suffer from cancer!

PS: I feel you... (Hahahahahahaha, so true, our fellow forum members, might not understand anything of the terms we are referring to!) We need more Greeks in SSO for sure.

peet

Defender of things
Reaction score
I got this email last night. Finally...thank god.

"Hey Peter,

I apologize and understand your frustration. I'm doing my best to stay up on my emails and working.

I will ship out your pickups this week. Once things have mellowed out I would still like to rebuild you the guitar.

Call me this week on my cell.

Again, I apologize for not getting back to you."

Carver

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
Reaction score
well... i just looked through the majority of this thread, what a stand up class act we have here.... does he hug you when he ..cks you?

Diggi

Reaction score
hahahaha!

Mike, if you are ever concerned about how items get shipped to you, and whether or not the process of receiving them through Customs will be smooth, PM me. In my business, we ship all over the world, every day... and some countries simply want things done "their way". I know this from 25 years in the freight forwarding business and now in my Acoustic treatment business.

It can be tricky, but it doesn't HAVE to be.

One SS member to another :)

If ANYONE here needs help with stuff like this, feel free to PM me. I may not get back to you super fast, but I will ... when I can.

Peace to all!

peet

Defender of things
Reaction score
Just got a call from Bernie. He should be sending my pickups out to me early this week. He also assures me that he's really trying to get everyone's orders sorted out. Here's hoping he can keep on top of this and deliver the goods in time. From our conversation I can pretty much guarantee that my rebuild is going to take a while longer yet. Lots of unhappy customers to settle down and guitars to be built.

')