The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
I've heard from bernie several times in the last few weeks including a phone call, but no guitar in hand. When we talked on the phone he really wanted to express how all of the guitars are unique and take a shit ton of time to fit all of the components since it is not cnc build where everything falls into place perfectly. I understand and critique at the same time. I would really like my guitar, but who knows.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Speculum Speculorum

Reaction score
I've heard from bernie several times in the last few weeks including a phone call, but no guitar in hand. When we talked on the phone he really wanted to express how all of the guitars are unique and take a shit ton of time to fit all of the components since it is not cnc build where everything falls into place perfectly. I understand and critique at the same time. I would really like my guitar, but who knows.

Except that is also part of the bullshit. The dude gets his guitars pre-shopped, so unless they screw up the initial build, like they have on numerous occasions as a result of absolutely piss-poor communication skills, he just has to have his finish guy do his job, and then he installs hardware.

His biggest problem seems to be that he has absolutely no sense of order in his shop, and is probably groping around in the dark trying to find the initial spec sheets on his customers orders. Once again. Pathetic.

ovation22

Reaction score
Except that is also part of the bullshit. The dude gets his guitars pre-shopped, so unless they screw up the initial build, like they have on numerous occasions as a result of absolutely piss-poor communication skills, he just has to have his finish guy do his job, and then he installs hardware.

His biggest problem seems to be that he has absolutely no sense of order in his shop, and is probably groping around in the dark trying to find the initial spec sheets on his customers orders. Once again. Pathetic.

^ this

Remember, it took a year-and-a-half of me requesting updates for him to finally admit he lost my order.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
Yeah, I am not trying to defend him, I am just stating what was communicated to me.

ras1988

Reaction score
Yeah, he is doing my electronics install!

Same here I just got a request for a control layout diagram out of the blue......:scream::hbang::shred::evil:

The wait is nearly over for this one, still have one more lurking about in either paint or pre-assembly.

Michael T

Sea Turtles mate
Contributor
Reaction score
Final setup was finished today. said itll ship tomorrow or saturday.
IMG_4300_zps81852d71.jpg

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
So are all you guys who are getting these already paid in full? Ie did you pay in full last year, or is he reaching out to people to collect final payment? I know mine is close to being done, but I haven't paid anything beyond the downpayment, so I'm wondering if its going to be a number of months before he gets to those builds.

ras1988

Reaction score
So are all you guys who are getting these already paid in full? Ie did you pay in full last year, or is he reaching out to people to collect final payment? I know mine is close to being done, but I haven't paid anything beyond the downpayment, so I'm wondering if its going to be a number of months before he gets to those builds.

Mine were "in stock" builds. One paid in full October of '11 (aborted BFR 6er from Thrasher) and the other deposit was put in November with a full payment in January of '12. Second one is the one that is getting finished up and it is not a BFR build by a long shot. Pretty special little piece he had in-stock.

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score

I have paid in full everything almost 2 years now.

Final setup was finished today. said itll ship tomorrow or saturday.
IMG_4300_zps81852d71.jpg

It looks killer, man!!! Glad you got it finally!!!

Michael T

Sea Turtles mate
Contributor
Reaction score
I only owed a couple hundred on mine, due to adding the gloss finish about 2 yrs into the build otherwise she'd been paid in full thru the whole process. I'm glad I opted for gloss, just gives one a more "finished" look IMO.

killertone

Reaction score
I paid in full a looooooong ....ing time ago. I have nothing except a couple progress shots from almost a year ago.

Shunpeita0212

Reaction score
This is my incoming Jekyll 724 slant top Alpine White :wavey:
Come on BRJ to Japan !!

Attachments

• 971741_664628206896405_1313620033_n.jpg
    971741_664628206896405_1313620033_n.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_4200.jpg
    IMG_4200.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 150

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
^ I am glad to see that he is trying to fix some of the process flaws, put the foam down on the work bench that had scratched a couple guitars.

I wonder how many are left to complete from the pile.

Latest posts

')