The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shunpeita0212

Reaction score
Today this white venus arrives my home!!

This venus has no flaws:metal:
Absoletely perfect condition:shred:
Thank you Bernie!!:hbang:

>JPMike
Yeah,she is finally here & perfect condition.
I'm very very happy!!
I will post NGD thread ,but now i'm enjoying with her:lol:

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    976.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    1,008.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    998.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    986 KB · Views: 77
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    1,021.6 KB · Views: 163

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Holy smokes! Those side dots....

They're.

Sober.

Congrats on getting that one dude.

Michael T

Sea Turtles mate
Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats man.

Mine still hasn't shipped out & I received the finished picture and stuff on the first.

Oh well.

Hope I hear something soon because we are finalizing our move into our new house Monday. That way I can at least notify UPS or whoever he uses to hold it at one of their stores.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
'Bout time I email Bernie, at random, after months of no talk just to see where the hell anything of mine is, if in fact it still "is". Email going out time meow, following this post. Hope you guys keep getting stuff in and rolling out the NGDs.

Michael T

Sea Turtles mate
Contributor
Reaction score
Mine shipped out today, should have her by Wednesday or Thursday hopefully. **fingers crossed shes flawless**

Michael T

Sea Turtles mate
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Mike. Checked tracking this morning it'll be here Friday. That means I'll have the weekend to look over it and give it a test run.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
Glad to see that there's a steady (albeit slow) stream of guitars coming out of the shop. I noticed xlguitars.com just got this in:

1148845_654548221225063_507677344_n.jpg

On the flip side, Bernie's website is down again.

Michael T

Sea Turtles mate
Contributor
Reaction score
Ha ha, its been raining here so no outside shots & indoor shots wouldn't do her justice . I'll get a NGD posted hopefully tomorrow.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
Last I heard he was back and starting up production again, and I saw a few black friday NGD's. Any idea if he'll be taking orders any time soon? Or... well anything really. I'm just curious to know if anyone knows what's going on there. I've been seeing some new BRJ NGD's but i'm not sure if those are custom orders or just older guitars that have been traded around.

Personally I wish the best for BRJ, I think that whatever it was that put him out of business for so long must have been pretty bad what ever it may have been. I mean, (most) people don't just risk throwing away their entire livelihood/reputations over just anything.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
Last I heard he was back and starting up production again, and I saw a few black friday NGD's. Any idea if he'll be taking orders any time soon? Or... well anything really. I'm just curious to know if anyone knows what's going on there. I've been seeing some new BRJ NGD's but i'm not sure if those are custom orders or just older guitars that have been traded around.

Personally I wish the best for BRJ, I think that whatever it was that put him out of business for so long must have been pretty bad what ever it may have been. I mean, (most) people don't just risk throwing away their entire livelihood/reputations over just anything.

Well, he is kicking out orders at what seems to be a better than expected but less than hoped for clip. Speaking from the custom side, I have not had one reply to any call, text, email, or FB message regarding mine, which is a full blown, regular price custom several years waiting, and counting. I was told 9 months ago is was going to be a rebuild and we changed 3 minor specs, added a stain. I'm sure that's put be at the bottom again and it will be another year + before that happens. He needs to finish all current orders, even stock for shops, before he starts taking orders. We know it's not going to hurt him; he has enough to do.

What has me livid is not being able to plan accordingly for other instruments or just shit in general because you never know when you'll get that random ass request to pay off the other half because it's "almost done". There is no timeline, just patience and guesses.

Place an order with Skervesen, Mayones, or whoever else and save yourself the agony. I've had stupid luck ordering from the wrong luthiers (CWG owes me a NECK- ordered 3 1/2 years ago, paid in full; I almost put orders in with S7G and Invictus; I would have killed myself or someone if I did that). Go with a more reputable and favored brand for now.:agreed:

Latest posts

')