The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Well basically the story was he had some mental illness issues. He's back working apparently but is still super backlogged with orders. My emails are still being ignored and I'm waiting on my rebuild from before the Black Friday sale. :mad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

peet

Defender of things
Reaction score
I received my pickups from Bernie today! I seriously thought I'd never see them again. Apparently I'm still going to get my rebuild guitar but it won't be for a while...

I sold my 1st Jeckyll a few weeks ago and it's on it's way to Italy. I'm using the money to buy a Carvin CT7.

The adventure continues...

-P

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
And like magic I get an update: not much on the instrument, with more promised later. He actually called me out of the blue, which was welcomed and what ensued was a brutally honest and somewhat personal exchange about everything. He's noticeably frustrated with not being able to convey himself to everyone like he wants, but he admits it's his fault. He's not letting anyone front or be a voice for the business but himself, and the only answers one email address and phone. He isn't in the shop 24/7 like we want but it's because he isn't completely healthy. I feel he's gotta do what's right for himself or we aren't going to see anything guitar wise. He did swear he's been picking up the pace and is priorotized to existing orders only; no new ones yet, not even proper quotes. I reiterated he better be for his businesses sake, for quality sake, etc. he hinted that the brand needs to be smaller, and he bit off way too much and tried to get way to big which ....ed everyone in the process.

BLUF: he's working more and more, completes more custom orders than store orders, and only current ones. Lets hope that stands. I said everyone here and elsewhere has been through a lot, have a lot of money involved, and that pressure won't dissipate until he's caught up. He is gracious to take blame for every failure. But I can sense the frustration he's dealing with. I said welcome to the club, more or less, and having been in bad straits like that he better dig in and let the deserved bad karma make him focus on his work and on making himself better.

In the end I was glad to shoot the shit after 9 months and glad he does sound positive enough to get things right at for now a reasonable pace and sooner a more expected demand. It'll never correct everything, but it'll close a chapter when we receive out guitars and he's moved forward. More updates to come in time. Meanwhile, in the rest of GAS-land...

Workhorse

Reaction score
Best of luck to him and everyone ordering as well. I've seen his guitars a few times (one at a show) and they look killer. Kind of surprised to read all this.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
What has me livid is not being able to plan accordingly for other instruments or just shit in general because you never know when you'll get that random ass request to pay off the other half because it's "almost done". There is no timeline, just patience and guesses.

you get this from other luithers. im 26 months into my vik order and still get the above BS

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
I think I'm more shocked by the fact that you came out of 7 years of hiding to post this! I figure Bernie had a lot of people bail on him and he needs the cash he lost fast to jump start his business. I'm assuming this is all him or else someone raided his shop! I think its funny that most of the pictures are of half finished guitars though.

thegame

Reaction score
I think I'm more shocked by the fact that you came out of 7 years of hiding to post this! I figure Bernie had a lot of people bail on him and he needs the cash he lost fast to jump start his business. I'm assuming this is all him or else someone raided his shop! I think its funny that most of the pictures are of half finished guitars though.

Actually I'm just a fan of the guitars, certainly not his business practices as of late. I bought a brand new one in 2005 without issue, and a couple used ones since. Anyway, did this forum experience a crash at one time, ala HC ? I believe I had a few posts (maybe a couple dozen) to my name here around 2008 - 2010 but I think they got wiped out. Can't remember.

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
Are these from people cancelling their orders or the people he's ignoring? In any case, why doesn't he just put them in his "in stock"-section on the website? He could easily move these quick to give him some funds to get going again.

Also, the ads say "100% hand built by the son of the founder of BC Rich himself Bernie Rico Jr."... So what about the alleged Mexican location?

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
Hi guys,

That's definitely not me. I just got settled here in Cali. I might message that guy to see what's up. Some of those are right up my alley, but I'm going to avoid spending any money for awhile. I have no intentions of selling my spots either. I love my Rico, and I plan on continuing with patience hoping it'll pan out.

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
They may be builds where the owners said "Hey, I've waited too long, the quality has been sketchy, I'm not going to bother paying for the rest."

Hopefully we'll get an official statement.

')