The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean, Im at three years in a month. I know Bernie's word is good, its just how long will it take. We might be having this same conversation next year, know one knows.

BouhZik

Reaction score
We might be having this same conversation next year, know one knows.

Maybe no one knows, but many can guess....
Just a look at this thread, It was the same conversation a year ago, and the year before. If all you can do is wait and hope, its too easy for him to f!ck you all.... You should have done something wayyyyy earlier.

Thanks to the mods for letting this thread be. I wanted one a few month back, until I read this nightmare. So, thank you.

Good luck to all

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
The way I see it, Bernie is playing it now the way a lot if other, less-bothered builders have been doing it. There are quite a few well known builders on this site that have orders that will make it to well over two or three years, the only difference is they weren't optimistic enough to keep in constant contact with customers or (let's be honest) dumb enough to state unrealistic timetables. Most of them took nowhere near the amount of orders Bernie did either. I have orders in with two that have not contacted me or responded to emails AT ALL since they took my deposit, one of them makes two years next month. It's just how it is, and not just with him. I think he's shown that he intends to get everyone's builds done, and he's also shown that badgering on a mass level only gets so much done. Not saying you should not try to keep a bug in his ear, but I honestly don't think outright pestering him with legal threats is going to end up fruitful either. Honestly, any luthier could just disappear with your money same as Bernie could, but I think he would have done it by now. And let's not forget, guy tried to off himself not too long ago, I'm sure there's a fair amount of family healing he's working on right now. I'm waiting on different builders, but my situation is the same and so it is for countless others, keep the energy positive bro!

MetalThrasher

Thrash & Burn
Reaction score
I should email Bernie again but I do realize what's going on and I don't want to distract him from work.... it's only been 15 months since I completely paid for the vixen that was almost finished. All kidding aside I almost forgot that I'm getting another guitar at some point. I hope that some of us start getting our guitars soon, especially for the ones who paid in full a while back.

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score
Hey guys,

How you all doing??? I guess, Bernie answers to no one?? Since, I have been spamming him with texts for a few days now and I haven't gotten any replies back.

A month ago my stock guitars had the final clear applied on them and he told me in 2-3 weeks they would be ready, I gave him around a month's time and contacted him, but no luck. I am not sure what's up, is he pulling the same shit again?? Or went back to the hospital? or any other ideas??

I got pickups ready to be installed on these. :(

spawnsc

Reaction score
Here we go again, I've been promised pics for months now and nothing but run around answers. Now his not replying to any text. I'm happy some of you got your guitars but I and many others will probably not see ours and if we do it will be few more years.....

xwestonx

Reaction score
I sent a message on Facebook, but like everything else, I doubt I will learn anything new or get a reply. This has been one of the most frustrating experiences I've dealt with.

Khoi

Reaction score
I sent a message and got a reply 30 minutes later asking for proof of payment and my specs.

I would suggest providing those to her when you first message

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
I heard through email from a guy who is friends with Bernie and who just saw him around a month ago. He says he was doing OK. But now its pretty bad again. He says that he is talking with Bernies wife about a way to possibly get everyones guitars finished some other way. That seems to be the focus right now. He says that there is a chance that there will never be another guitar coming out of his shop. He says that everyone should wish Bernie the best because its really bad and he is in a very bad place right now. Its not a joke and Bernies wife as well as a few of Bernies buddies in the business are working on alternatives to get the guitars done without Bernies help. Wish him the best guys. That is seriously all that I know. I asked about specifics but had to respect the answer that I got which was "Id rather not elaborate right now".

flint757

Reaction score
Makes sense. He cracked under the pressure the first time and when he got back the pressure was even more intense I'm sure since people didn't trust him anymore (for good reason). Honestly, I'm kind of surprised he's lasted this long his second go around. Not the right career choice for someone who's mentally unstable.

If he's down for the count hopefully everything works out for everyone.

xwestonx

Reaction score
Update: Terry asked me for proof of payment and specs. Sent both over. More communication than I've gotten in a long while.

DarkSaga

Reaction score
Sent my info over to her on Facebook...will hopefully get a reply in the morning and see whats up :ugh:

Pascal-Darrell

Reaction score
I don´t know if it´s just me (and the fact that this whole situation is pretty f***ed up), but I was a bit pissed when she asked me to send a proof of payment "if you still want the guitar".

I mean, it has been almost 3 years and it is also their job as a business to keep their data in check.

Anyway, I fortunately found the proof of payment and hope that she will make things right somehow....

peet

Defender of things
Reaction score
I sent a copy of my original build sheet and a description of what Bernie and I agreed on for the rebuild to his wife on FB. All the rebuild info was discussed over the phone with Bernie. I don't have high hopes of getting my rebuild guitar, we'll see.... At least I got my pickups back. What a mess...

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
I'll take my money or an unfinished guitar with partial refund at this point. I could have gotten this finished by another luthier years ago and I offered her that. I would prefer just a refund thought. The guitar would be tainted in my mind forever if I had to .... around with gettin it finished at this point.

Latest posts

')