The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

big_aug

Reaction score
Sso get paid off by BRJ to burry this thread? He has a new website and this becomes unstickied all around the same time? Coincidence?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stevexc

Reaction score
Sso get paid off by BRJ to burry this thread? He has a new website and this becomes unstickied all around the same time? Coincidence?

If Bernie could afford to bury his reputation he wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If Bernie could afford to bury his reputation he wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.

For the record, I unstickied it for the OPPOSITE reason. I thought the posting of an unfinished BRJ in SoCal with the initial description that MENTIONED all the drama with Bernie was significant and yet the view/post count remained low. On re-looking at things, I got the feeling a lot of people figured the thread was dead and after it was no longer "the latest post" in this subforum (thus, no longer showing up on the SSO.com/forum landing page), the only way anybody would see this thread was bumped is by looking in the stickies, which people don't seem to do.

Being unstickied, if other threads get bumped after this one, you go to the luthier subforum and you at least see this thread has recently been active because it's listed only two or three threads down. After all the conversation over the latest developments has settled, this will disappear from the frontpage and people can go back to finding it via Google or however else they're usually finding it.

Stickies are more appropriate for beginner stuff and subforum related rules that new people should see as soon as they come here the first time. 133+ pages about a luthier that screwed some people over (one of many) several years ago at this point, IMO, doesn't qualify.

downburst82

Reaction score
All the worlds most powerful luthiers are part of the secret/not so secret bilderbergutar group...they control EVERYTHING PEOPLE!!!

MoshJosh

Reaction score
Should we be reporting these items on eBay? Its probably an over simplification of the situation but isn't it stolen?

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
Sadly there's a very good chance they're not stolen, which would mean that the infinitesimally small chance buyers previously had to at least recover parts has now vanished completely.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Should we be reporting these items on eBay? Its probably an over simplification of the situation but isn't it stolen?

Anything possible until a final explanation presents itself but the most likely scenario is that all the guitars were liquidated during a foreclosure/bankruptcy sale, which would make the eBay/reverb listings totally legal.

I've been advocating from the first listing that somebody take "soft touch" approach and see if we can get a straight answer on how all these guitars got dispersed. My guess is that it's the liquidation deal, but itll be nice to know for sure.

If somebody has cache of unbuilt BRJs, there's at least a mild chance somebody could try and hunt down theirs and buy it back. Depending on the kinda deposit they put down, it might be the same or less than they originally were quoted to buy the unfinished build and have it finished by someone they trust or on their own. :2c:

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
So...I went over that about three years ago. There was a small guitar shop in SoCal that did buy a ton of these without knowing the story. The owner was really shocked when I told him about the situation. He was then trying to unload many of the guitars through various routes, yep he got really scummy really fast. I would have to look through my records cuz I can't remember his companies name. He had 4 dozen!!! of the guitars when I spoke to him. I sent him pics of my guitar and he claimed it was not in his pile.

Found it... it was ebay handle Pimpmyguitars

Jaek-Chi

Reaction score
Sorry i've just joined in on seeing all this... I've picked up on bits. So far i've picked up, Bernie Rico is a c-bomb, people are debating whether some were stolen, and someone is making cheap chinese copies...

If one were looking at a BRJ that was for sale now, what would you look out for?

Prophetable

Prophet For Profit
Reaction score
Sorry i've just joined in on seeing all this... I've picked up on bits. So far i've picked up, Bernie Rico is a c-bomb, people are debating whether some were stolen, and someone is making cheap chinese copies...

If one were looking at a BRJ that was for sale now, what would you look out for?

I would look out for a different brand and then buy that instead.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
I would look out for a different brand and then buy that instead.

Without a doubt. :agreed: Why would anyone want to have anything to do with that name from this point on? - except for those that already have functioning instruments from a purchase before all this of course.

Rev.

Latest posts

')