The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
David Cohen on the BC Rich Junkies Facebook page has just relaunched BRJ. Ask him where you money is, his problem now it seems

I didn’t watch the video yet, but I saw a post in the comments about BRJ. Is BRJ affiliated with Dave in any way? If he’s making money off this venture, I’m going after him for either money or a discount on the guitar such that I’m compensated for the loss.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

twguitar

Reaction score
I didn’t watch the video yet, but I saw a post in the comments about BRJ. Is BRJ affiliated with Dave in any way? If he’s making money off this venture, I’m going after him for either money or a discount on the guitar such that I’m compensated for the loss.

Dave has it in his head he's the saviour of the Rico name. He was involved with BCR and got fired for his terrible customer service and constant lies. He became friendly with Jr and is now having his many minions try and restart BRJ, seemingly with Jrs blessing. DO NOT BE FOOLED, DC knows nothing about building guitars and farms it out to people, some of whom are decent builders but the majority are nobodies blowing hot air up his ass.

I would strongly advise everyone to stay well clear of him however he is in direct contact with JR and clearly is attempting to bring the brand back so I would ask him where your money is and how he is going to solve this.

watson503

Los Cochinos
Reaction score
BRJr, Cohen...all total scumbags. I saw this in the comment section of one of Cohen's latest videos - this was in response to Joe Rico's comment "Using my grandfathers name was a big mistake.
One you will regret!!!!!!!" Real class act, this bunch...

24058856_428203277602485_8659939610745935593_n.jpg

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, I watched the video (it’s in the BC Rich Junkies FB page feed) and I was like :ugh: . That is a real ummm, interesting group. Lots of chain smoking, f bomb dropping, alcoholic tough guy types in there. Definitely not what I was expecting.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Luthier Wars Episode VII: BRJ Awakens

I nearly jumped on the train back in the day, only life expenses came up and I missed out on getting in a run. I've been thinking of framing the power bill that did it now!

777timesgod

Officially the unofficial Forum Censor
Reaction score
https://reverb.com/item/13404803-bernie-rico-jr-jekyll-throback-4-of-only-5-new
Hello everyone, sorry for posting here even though I am not a customer but two Rico Jrs from 2012 appeared on Reverb from the same seller. Not sure what "Throback" is, probably misspelled from throwback. Just to check that they do not belong to one of you guys, as this whole thread made me sad to read. Stay strong and best of luck.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
https://reverb.com/item/13404803-bernie-rico-jr-jekyll-throback-4-of-only-5-new
Hello everyone, sorry for posting here even though I am not a customer but two Rico Jrs from 2012 appeared on Reverb from the same seller. Not sure what "Throback" is, probably misspelled from throwback. Just to check that they do not belong to one of you guys, as this whole thread made me sad to read. Stay strong and best of luck.

Looks to be some schmuck actually working with Bernie, or a scumbag selling old guitars as new. Take your pick.

777timesgod

Officially the unofficial Forum Censor
Reaction score
Most likely, I also like how the word new is between stars *, I do not remember seeing build photos of the particular models from members for the BFR run (could be wrong at 269 pages of content that Bernie caused) but the ads seem fishy. Perhaps Bernie is unloading stock again or finishing old blanks to raise cash.

twguitar

Reaction score
That seller is a friend of mine, think he was a BRJ dealer and bought countless BRJs. Great guy to deal with. He got screwed over massively by Jr and is missing far more money than I imagine anyone else is.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That seller is a friend of mine, think he was a BRJ dealer and bought countless BRJs. Great guy to deal with. He got screwed over massively by Jr and is missing far more money than I imagine anyone else is.

At least he got guitars.

Talk to the two or three guys on here who paid tens of thousands for nothing. :shrug:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, BRJ screwed a load of people, and took zero responsibility for it. If I ever see him pop up again I immediately investigate. If we stay vigilant, we can make sure he doesn’t just start up again selling guitars.

twguitar

Reaction score
At least he got guitars.

Talk to the two or three guys on here who paid tens of thousands for nothing. :shrug:
Yeah this guy was in the same position, many tens of thousands it sounded like. Bernie tried to pay him back with stock at the very end which is where these guitars came from. Him and Bernie were friends but all went south when Bernie sold some of his guitars 2/3 times to other people.
Im a huge BCR/BRJ guy but Jr cant ever be allowed near a guitar company again.

')