The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

HeadBender

Reaction score
Doh. Did you pay via paypal by chance? If so, file a complaint ASAP.

*elq waits for MTech to come in here and throw a fit that you talked about issues with a BRj guitar.

Again I got the guitar from the Guy who originally ordered it, so not directly from Bernie.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
Wtf! That is insane, how is that even possible to have the dots in the wrong places? I have never heard of anything so absurd. Is it really a Rico or is it some sort of knock off?

elq

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Again I got the guitar from the Guy who originally ordered it, so not directly from Bernie.

I understand that.

Did you pay via paypal? If so, you very well might be able to get your money back.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
WTF :noplease: what is going on at the shop?

Also pretty terrible that the guy that sold it to you didn't mention any of the issues. Did you not see any pictures before you bought it?

MTech

Banned
Reaction score

I shot this over to Bernie however IDK how long it's going to take for a reply as the reason I got on was to let yo know he has had yet ANOTHER death in the family. He got a call at 3am from his mother as another family member has passed who was living with her so he's got to take care of that along with the funeral already posted.

Thing is you weren't the original buyer and aside from the side marker issue I'm sure he didn't ship it with issues like that so whatever the guy did before selling it is the real question. Obviously if he received it like that he'd of returned it in the first place. Also if you're buying something I would think you'd make sure to get high quality photos, all this would of been easily shown in those.

Also this thread is for BFR Customers only so these re-sales/ebay guitars should be in their own threads.

Wtf! That is insane, how is that even possible to have the dots in the wrong places? I have never heard of anything so absurd. Is it really a Rico or is it some sort of knock off?

Actually the Prototype 627 somebody just said they bought on ebay had issues with the side dots as well though they may of been fixed when he had the aftermarket scallop job etc done.

Doh. Did you pay via paypal by chance? If so, file a complaint ASAP.

*elq waits for MTech to come in here and throw a fit that you talked about issues with a BRj guitar.

Not quite, though the original buyer should have said something.. At least he's acting now and now waiting 1-2 years to say a single word like you which most of everything you posted was a lie ( claiming non bone nut, wrong woods etc) but keep Trolling.

Which the only reason you are in here is to troll seeing as this thread is for something you are not *(Only for updates for/by customers.)*

Also pretty terrible that the guy that sold it to you didn't mention any of the issues. Did you not see any pictures before you bought it?

Exactly my thoughts.

HeadBender

Reaction score
I understand that.

Did you pay via paypal? If so, you very well might be able to get your money back.

I did ,but as always Gift option, which is fine, cause I do not want to return it, or get money back or so.

I do like the guitar, plays and sounds great.
It needs a set-up, some fix that I can do, and aslo I will correct the side dots as well.

You know its just that this was not what I have expected from a BRJ

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
This is what kills me on here is people come on and blow up an issue then turn around and post
I do like the guitar, plays and sounds great.

Completely contradicting everything previously complained about... I already pointed out that 99% of the people on here who say they have an issue when I bring it to Bernie's attention (to get it resolved ASAP for them because it's apparently a big deal they're posting about it) Bernie calls or emails them and they deny it and say there must of been a misunderstanding.

Anyway I made Bernie respond immediately about this and even though you are not the original owner and clearly it was not shipped with all these issues he's going to take care of it.:yesway:

HeadBender

Reaction score
This is what kills me on here is people come on and blow up an issue then turn around and post

Completely contradicting everything previously complained about... I already pointed out that 99% of the people on here who say they have an issue when I bring it to Bernie's attention (to get it resolved ASAP for them because it's apparently a big deal they're posting about it) Bernie calls or emails them and they deny it and say there must of been a misunderstanding.

First of all, I never said that I do not like it, or that I am here to blow up.
I got the guitar and shared what I have experienced, thats it.

The issues I have pointed out are still there, by tomorrow they will not disappear and I will not say otherwise.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
I don't think this instills much confidence for those of us still waiting on our guitars though.

How can that even happen. It seems hard to fathom.

Reactions: elq

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think this instills much confidence for those of us still waiting on our guitars though.

How can that even happen. It seems made hard to fathom.

Not justifying it but there's been far worse things done by other companies, look at the Carvin the side dots were put UNDER the fretboard for example. Side markers are something that is easily fixed.

The fact still is that Bernie is taking care of it even though HeadBender's not the original purchaser and only 1 of these issues was for sure a manufacturing issue.

geofreesun

Reaction score
I don't know what you guys think, but I would (in future cases like this) call Bernie right away before posting on the forum. Of course, I would document every detail good or bad and tell a fuller story.

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
MTech: It's hard to follow your posts when you keep editing them :)
If it's the last post I just add on to it but everybody is quick to speculate in cases like these so by the time I reply to something else I read boom 5more posts.

Just so it's clear on his customer service Bernie offered to call the 2nd hand buyer immediately but he declined due to it being late and is emailing instead.
I think it's pretty clear the side dot thing was a mistake and would accredit it to the tremendous stress being put on him by everything this past year and the family deaths and new comers in the last couple weeks.

HeadBender

Reaction score
Okay Guys, indeed I should have tried to contact Bernie right away, but as I am not the original owner I did not want to demand or ask for anything.

But the biggest surprise was Bernie himself, the way he immediately got back to me and discussed this over the phone. One thing is for sure, I haven't dealt with anyone this customer orientated before.

Shit happens, everyone knows that but the way he handles it is something different. Even like this, me being the 2nd owner he does everything to solve whatever issues I have.

My conclusion here: you can lay your trust in Bernie. Whatever comes up he will make sure you are happy and satisfied.

My issues are being resolved in the best possible way, so I am quite happy.

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score
My thoughts -

Why didn't the original owner return it in the first place?

Original seller then sells it without disclosing full details?

Even though Bernie really shouldn't have to, he goes out of his way to help out Headbender.

Conclusion - From what i've read, the Original owner is a douche bag and I have absolutely no concerns with my BRJ BFR order :)

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
OK ENOUGH, THIS IS A USED GUITAR AND THIS DOESN'T BELONG IN THIS THREAD. IF SOMEBODY WANTS TO POST A NEW THREAD TO DEAL WITH THIS GUITAR GREAT, BUT IT'S DONE HERE

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
Good news for the guys with the guitars in the group shots as the custom larger strings came in this week. Once he's back in from dealing with all the funerals etc all he has to do is slot the nuts and intonate the guitars then ship them out!
BernieRicoJr16.jpg

(Can't seem to find the group shot of the 3 natural 8's)

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
:hbang:

Hope Bernie's dealing alright, I've lost a few family members this past year and it can really fuck with your head and your heart. Good vibes sent to the ricos :yesway:

killertone

Reaction score
Good news for the guys with the guitars in the group shots as the custom larger strings came in this week. Once he's back in from dealing with all the funerals etc all he has to do is slot the nuts and intonate the guitars then ship them out!
BernieRicoJr16.jpg

(Can't seem to find the group shot of the 3 natural 8's)

That black guitar on the right was sent out at least a couple weeks ago and is already for sale in the classifieds...

Latest posts

')