The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
That black guitar on the right was sent out at least a couple weeks ago and is already for sale in the classifieds...
Yea....as the post says it's for the ones with larger strings...namely the ones in the 8 string group shot which I couldn't seem to find at the time....There's some 7/8's that wanted LARGE gauges which had to be custom made.

back OT Bernie said he'd be back working on everything Sunday but he went in today to address the nit picking about the prototypes which will of course be addressed in the appropriate thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
Dag MTech, I go looking for this thread on the second page and you just bumped it haha. Just a heads-up, I put up some vids of my black friday 8 on my NGD thread if anyone wants to see one in action! I took it to my tech to set up and check out today, and he sized it up for a few minutes and asked me how much I paid for it. I told him, and he said, "you got a fucking deal, man. This guitar is the best thing youve brought me yet, it's flawless!" That's high praise coming from Mark L, he's torn me apart for asking him to make chicken soup with chicken shit guitars before (my favorite 7620 :lol:). All you guys waiting on your axes, hang in there! You wont be disappoint.

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
MTech, did you hear something new about our piezo bridges ? ;)
They were coming in all together as a batch so I can only assume yours came in when mine did whenever I posted that was but it was amongst all the family issues he had. He said he was jumping back to the shop Sunday to start working on things. He's got that entire wall you saw all to the same point and I think he's going to take them 1 at a time to get 1-2 guitars a day done now rather than working on groups getting so much work done in a day on say 6 guitars doing the same thing to them. When he does the groups to try and get everybody done at the same point it just prolongs shipping so people think he's not doing anything but they ship in groups. If he does them 1 at a time then he can at least get 1 or more done every day he's in there.

Phrygian

Lefty
Reaction score
I just realised something when looking at both my progress pics i got from Bernie,

6840844048_7b502841b5_z.jpg

6986965419_2e8a81c359_z.jpg

Do you guys see it? that is not the same guitar in those pictures :scratch:. I gotta send Bernie an e-mail about this :lol:

Rap Hat

the:pawn.project
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that; I just looked at the pic from the FS thread here where I bought my spot and the pics that Bernie sent me and they're different. The FS thread listed it as an 825 but the pic had 24 frets. I hope I can chalk that up to JBCrazy posting the wrong pic... Though I just checked my payment form and that listed "824".

I'm assuming this is because Bernie is overwhelmed and pics are getting mixed up. Since mine was a "preowned" spot I'm not picky about the specs and 24 or 25 frets don't matter. At the very least in my case the pics I got directly from Bernie all show the same guitar, it's only the FS pic and the payment form that are off. It's definitely not enough of a concern to contact him (in case someone reading misinterprets this as a personal attack against Bern).

Phrygian

Lefty
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that; I just looked at the pic from the FS thread here where I bought my spot and the pics that Bernie sent me and they're different. The FS thread listed it as an 825 but the pic had 24 frets. I hope I can chalk that up to JBCrazy posting the wrong pic... Though I just checked my payment form and that listed "824".

I'm assuming this is because Bernie is overwhelmed and pics are getting mixed up. Since mine was a "preowned" spot I'm not picky about the specs and 24 or 25 frets don't matter. At the very least in my case the pics I got directly from Bernie all show the same guitar, it's only the FS pic and the payment form that are off. It's definitely not enough of a concern to contact him (in case someone reading misinterprets this as a personal attack against Bern).

Yeah I'm not bashing Bernie either, I just think it's funny that I get photos of two different left handed guitars. :lol: You wouldn't think there would be to many to choose from! :lol:

Hopefully the correct one is the second, i really like the figuring on it. And the faint figuring on the fretboard :yum:

Rap Hat

the:pawn.project
Reaction score
I wonder if yours was a rebuild? It looks like both have #405 in the neck pup route, which would explain the multiple lefties. I do hope the second is yours, I love that grain!

Phrygian

Lefty
Reaction score
I wonder if yours was a rebuild? It looks like both have #405 in the neck pup route, which would explain the multiple lefties. I do hope the second is yours, I love that grain!

Thats true, i haven't seen the #405 in the first guitar before now.

Bernie said the guitar had to be rebuilt because the fretboard cracked, but i assumed it only meant replacing the fretboard. Mtech also told me that they built a second lefty with the same specs as mine, but that one has been to the paint shop AFAIK. I'll see when i get a reply from him on this.

Crossing my fingers for the second one!

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
Thats true, i haven't seen the #405 in the first guitar before now.

Bernie said the guitar had to be rebuilt because the fretboard cracked, but i assumed it only meant replacing the fretboard. Mtech also told me that they built a second lefty with the same specs as mine, but that one has been to the paint shop AFAIK. I'll see when i get a reply from him on this.

Crossing my fingers for the second one!

Agreed. That second one is awesome. You can chalk up the mixup to Bernie using his iphone for absolutely all emails and updates instead of an actual computer.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Got an out of the blue email from Bernie (i.e. I hadn't emailed him first). He said he's working on my custom now, and then will start on my BFR guitar right after. I don't have an ETA, but it's cool that he's starting (and shot me a quick email).

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
^when did you order your custom (non BFR)?

A little over two years ago. It's had to be rebuilt 2 times, so I think that's a good deal of what's caused the delay. If retrospect I should have just waited and done the BFR and saved some cash, but at the time I had no idea there would be a BFR. So when the BFR happened I went ahead and ordered another one. :lol: Weak willed as I am!

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
mod edit: DO NOT try to sell things outside the classifieds, it will get you banned

Edit: Oops, sorry bout that!

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
A little over two years ago. It's had to be rebuilt 2 times, so I think that's a good deal of what's caused the delay. If retrospect I should have just waited and done the BFR and saved some cash, but at the time I had no idea there would be a BFR. So when the BFR happened I went ahead and ordered another one. :lol: Weak willed as I am!

:ugh:

:lol:

How long we're you waiting before your build started the first time? Hahaha

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
:ugh:

:lol:

How long we're you waiting before your build started the first time? Hahaha

Yeah, I have no idea. I know the initial rebuild started around a year ago, and then it sounds like the 2nd rebuild started maybe in the fall or so? I'm not exactly sure. I didn't know it needed to be rebuilt the third time when it happened, only after when I inquired. And then my BFR needed a rebuild, too, but I don't know when, or where in the process it is. So yeah, it's taken a long time, which is why I was pretty excited to get an unsolicited email telling me he's working on them. Must mean we're getting pretty close. My big fear at this point is that I have a few customs in the works, and with my luck they'll all show up at the house at one time, and my wife will flip. It's a little hard to play that off! :lol:

Latest posts

')