The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

killertone

Reaction score
Well, Bernie is back in the shop and he sent me this pic. I loooooove the paint job on this. I sent him an example of the finish and he nailed it. Could not be happier with it.

photo-11.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Khoi

Reaction score
WOW, glad to see him back in action!

you are getting hooked up with sick tops killertone, first your Anderson, now the finish on this!

Locrian

Reaction score
Any recommendation on how I can get a hold of Bernie? I called and left a message and never got called back, and all 3 emails that I've used haven't led anywhere. Would love to know what stage my guitar is in, still have no idea at all. No rush, just want to satisfy my curiosity.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Wow, things must be hell for him right now. I hope he pulls through it and can get back on his feet.

At this point, I think I've lost so much interest in the guitar, it wouldn't be gratifying for me to get it anymore. The appeal has faded and it's a shame because I know this sale was a one-time thing, and I've heard so many good things about his guitars. I guess I'll see what this Strandberg line will turn into...

Does anyone know the process of selling your BFR spot? I hope it's not a big hassle for Bernie, I'd hate to add to his workload...

+1 to this, though at this point, I've waited this long, so I might as well wait it out :( I really hope the wait is worth it.

Honestly, I wouldn't be so upset at this point, if it weren't for the fact that I already paid for the remainder of my guitar 4 months ago, when I was under the impression that it was going to ship within 2 weeks. 4 months later and it STILL hasn't shipped, though it should've been well past done months ago. The fact that I had to complete payment for a guitar that wasn't going to ship is kind of ridiculous to me. I could've really used that money in the past few months, but instead it's been tied up in a guitar I've yet to receive or even hear any news on in the past 2 months.

Phrygian

Lefty
Reaction score
Looks great dude! I'm actually starting to get a little excited about my Guitar again. Go Bernie!

Edit: But I hope he is not rushing them to the point where QC's standard is lowered.

Khoi

Reaction score
so sick.

so is it done? will he be shipping it soon? or is it gonna stay like that for a few weeks before it's finally done and shipped?

I saw another guy selling his BRJ that just finished, it looks like it was in the same stage as yours but it wasn't a BFR

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
I think its a matter of waiting on the BKPs at this point. I also havent asked if the frets are all dressed up either. But the hardware is in so it cant be too far off. :hbang:

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
Anyone get an update yet since he got back into the shop? I emailed last week and still haven't heard anything. My guitars had 2 1/2 weeks four months ago.

ryanoddi

Reaction score
Anyone get an update yet since he got back into the shop? I emailed last week and still haven't heard anything. My guitars had 2 1/2 weeks four months ago.

I sent him an email about a month ago with no response, so I sent a follow up email on Friday of last week I believe. He responded on Sunday morning apologizing for the lack of response. I guess he had someone answering emails that wasn't doing his job, and is no longer working there. He then sent me 3 photos yesterday around 2 pm. This has been a very long wait and I've been extremely patient. It's all starting to pay off with these photos!!!:shred:

It's still gotta be buffed and there is obviously more to work to do, but these pictures are making the wait a bit better.

The third photo wasn't really special.. it was just a shot of the back that is completely covered just like the fret board.

Attachments

• hesperian 1.JPG
    hesperian 1.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 182
  • hesperian 2.JPG
    hesperian 2.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 132

ryanoddi

Reaction score
I'm not sure of the exact name of the color, we mainly discussed color over the phone, but I want to say he said something like tiger eye? I found a guitar that he did before in some build thread on here (can't remember where or who's guitar it was,) when I was searching for a color (he gave me a free upgrade because there was an issue w/ my guitar when it came out of the wood shop the first time, so he ended up having to start fresh.)

He said he remembered doing that one and could do that for me. I'm sure it's going to look a little different once he buffs it and finishes. I'm pretty excited how it's coming out... almost a little rusty looking.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
Totally know what you mean on not knowing the name of the color. When Bernie did my Diva, I sent him a pic and said, "like that".

And sure as hell, it looked just like the pic :)

Latest posts

')