The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

HRC51

Reaction score
Bernie said it's a triple burst that they just tried for the first time. He mentioned yellow and purple! Other people have now requested it, but so far, they have not been able to duplicate it.

I think it will really jump out at you once the clear coat is applied.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Anyone get an update yet since he got back into the shop? I emailed last week and still haven't heard anything. My guitars had 2 1/2 weeks four months ago.

Yeah, I've emailed him 3 times, on two different emails, since he supposedly got back from the hospital with no reply.

Mine should've shipped months ago (with 3 others which people have long since gotten), but there was a mishap with it that was corrected quickly, but for some reason my guitar STILL hasn't shipped. You'd think if mine was going to ship with ones that have been in the hands of their owners for months, you'd make that one a priority to get finished and shipped ASAP...

I completely paid off my guitar 5 months ago, when it was supposed to ship. What angers me most is that I had to pay for the guitar way back then, under the pretense that it was going to ship within a week or two, and it's now 5 months later and not only do I not have the remaining $800+, but I also don't have a guitar to show for it, nor any communication as to what is happening with it...

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I got my first correspondence in 4 months today, it wasn't with an update or any info, just a 'I'll look into it' message, which I've had before.

Maybe he'll come through with this one, we'll see!

Phrygian

Lefty
Reaction score
I got an e-mail from Bernie today, an update where he stated he is working his ass of trying to update everyone as fast as possible, and he is working with answering phones, mails, looking for a new web guy (the last one got fired because he didn't do his job) and building guitars at the same time.

So if you haven't gotten a reply from him for a while, try sending him a new email and he'll probably get back to you pretty soon!

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score
My 8 string is supposed to be finished this week. At least, that's what the man says...

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
That's sick! Bernie's such a cool guy, I just hope this all comes together.

How long have you been waiting for that, Chad?

I'm actually the 3rd owner of that slot. It was originally Will's...then Janne's....now mine. I bought two 6 string slots right after I got my 7. I also have two full blown customs that I'm gonna have him start after he's completed everyone's BFRs.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
So presumably the slot came into existence a long time ago then :lol:

WickedSymphony

Reaction score
I got an e-mail from Bernie today, an update where he stated he is working his ass of trying to update everyone as fast as possible, and he is working with answering phones, mails, looking for a new web guy (the last one got fired because he didn't do his job) and building guitars at the same time.

So if you haven't gotten a reply from him for a while, try sending him a new email and he'll probably get back to you pretty soon!

Got the same e-mail from him this morning, too.

Last I heard from him was 4 months ago after my guitar hit paint before all that stuff happened, but it's not like I've been trying to contact him anyway until this week so I'm not really worried. Mostly just curious since my guitar's already been painted I'd imagine it should be done soon-ish.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
I've been going back and forth with him for the last few days, no pics yet though. I think if anyone on here lives within a few hours should haul their ass to the shop and snap some pics for us, send a few emails, and maybe sweep up the shop for Berm.

He could really use a hand, seems like.

Khoi

Reaction score
got an e-mail today saying what everyone else has said pretty much, that he's trying to catch up on updating customers, getting guitars done, etc.

told me he's be e-mailing an update later today, so we'll see

btw, this is a new one posted up on his Facebook page... I believe this one belongs to Killertone? Hopefully the owner doesn't mind me posting this :D

560390_249711248463378_577132478_n.jpg

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score
Here's an update on my 8 string, looking good! Still missing offset dots, then it's ready!

bernie8.jpg

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Here's an update on my 8 string, looking good! Still missing offset dots, then it's ready!

You mean on the FB? How is that going to happen? Isn't that a pre-fretting procedure, or no?

Also, for those wondering about the order he works in, I don't think it's FIFO. If there is any kind of a problem he doesn't stop the other work to catch it up, it just goes along with the others. And full customs don't have any priority over the BFRs. So, from what I can understand, if a guitar was ready to ship, or someone at some stage, and a lot of time has passed, it means something was screwed up, and either it needed to be rebuilt or somehow fixed. Generally he doesn't make a point of informing the customer at that point, he just moves on to fix it. My custom needs to be rebuilt 3 times and my BFR 2x, which is why there's been the delay there for me. So that's a possibility for some of you.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
^ these are looking great

As far as the offset dots, I'd say f it. That guitar is beautiful as is and dots wouldn't be worth a potential rebuild.

Latest posts

')