The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
^ I hope yours would be ready, but I paid for mine many months ago because he said it had two weeks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Speculum Speculorum

Reaction score
Oh, I paid for my guitar in full a long, long time ago, when I was first told that the guitar would be ready to ship in the 3rd week of September, 2011. I just got an email back from Bernie after I asked if the guitar was ready (as he said it would be), and his reply was that it would be 100% finished this week. I am awaiting a reply as to whether it will ship this week or not.

I had intended to pay the guitar off regardless of if it was finished or not. I had the money, and I intended to invest into this instrument, so I wasn't peeved to pay it off and wait - I didn't want to end up in a position where with my luck the guitar would have been done and the money would have gone into some other purchase. I didn't believe, however, that I'd be almost 16 months in with no guitar. Had I known that from the get-go, I would have jumped on a J-custom or some other high-end production guitar, knowing that it wouldn't have likely been to the same quality and specs that I wanted.

My only consolation is that I know the man is taking time and getting the details right with my instrument. We have discussed on numerous occasions that this will be my main axe and I need it to be solid and done properly. I anxiously await this guitar.

Rap Hat

the:pawn.project
Reaction score
sigh, I typed up a rant in my frustration of playing the waiting game, but it's not going to help things in the end. bottom line ... alot of what has gone down is possibly going to hurt his Rep. I personally would still love to get a 3rd BRJ made ( even after all the chaos) but it's clear things are not as smooth as they used to be. :noplease:

This is what bums me out the most. I remember reading way back about the 3-4 months build times, guitars going out to the high-end shops, rave reviews etc. I hopped on this knowing that people had been waiting almost a year by that point, but I'd been reassured there wasn't much of a wait left.

I really just want a nice guitar I can pick up and play, that doesn't have a multitude of problems off the bat. I'm stuck using my Agile Pendulum 8 since my other guitars all have major issues, and I'm worried this will be another $1000+ headache.

E: Ugh, I was just looking through my records and discovered I'd paid it off in December. Christ, it's been 7 months.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Can someone please PM me the email he's replying to people on? I have 3 different emails he's sent me emails from, and I've not gotten a single reply from any of them...

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
I have paid in full and I am guaranteed my guitar by Friday. I told him I want to use it Fri night. :shred:

Good for you, at least someone's getting their guitar.

I paid my balance in full 6 months ago and haven't heard a peep from him in 2 1/2 months, despite my efforts to contact him several times. In fact, my guitar is pictured on the front page of his website, completed.

Would you mind sending me the email he's been communicating with you on? Either he's using a new one or he's just ignoring me at this point, since others seem to be getting plenty of replies.... :(

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I'm hoping that I'll see my custom 828 sometime soon since it's been in before the BFRs (which I also have one of). Can't help but feel this, though:

22223242.jpg

Speculum Speculorum

Reaction score
Well, Bernie just got back to me verifying that the guitar will be completed and shipped by this week. Until that axe is in my hands though, I'm going to sit on my freakish anxiety. I don't want to be let down again.

WickedSymphony

Reaction score
Just completed my payment as well, was told the guitar will be shipping next week. Hopefully, I'll get an awesome reason to post a NGD soon :) Good luck to everyone else expecting their guitars in the coming week too!

WickedSymphony

Reaction score
Good luck Matthew, hope he comes thru for you...

Thanks Ted, I hope so, too. And thanks again for the spot :)

It's definitely been disheartening reading this thread, but I'm just trying to stay optimistic (which is quite unusual for me to be honest :lol: ). I'm sure the guitar will be well worth the wait, though.

But I really hope things start getting smoother for everyone who has one on order. Seems like a really shitty experience for most people here :(

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
You guys posting about getting your BFRs this week or next, remember that there is a standing order that I will find and kill anyone who get's their BFR before I get my 2.5 year old custom. No joke. I'm putting on my black hoodie now.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
You guys posting about getting your BFRs this week or next, remember that there is a standing order that I will find and kill anyone who get's their BFR before I get my 2.5 year old custom. No joke. I'm putting on my black hoodie now.

2.5 years? Rough!

Bernie is a cool guy and is always a pleasure to chat with, but clearly his office could use some structure. It really wouldnt be that hard to pay some college kid $200 to come in a few days every month or two and update people on the status of their guitars, and another to compile some sort of list of order dates and base the importance of completion based on the oldest order date, so people aren't getting so pissed over others getting their guitars before they do, eventhough they were "ahead in line."

Hell, I'd do it for free if I lived in California just so people start receiving their guitars and things weren't so chaotic...

Phrygian

Lefty
Reaction score
Heck, I'd take that job and move there If I was offered it! I could'nt do it for free though because of the moving part:(

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
^ Well.....I was actually scheduled to fly out there and do everything you mentioned, but I ended up needing to purchase a car out of the blue, so that entire trip got cancelled. I was gonna help out for a few days and get pictures taken, updates called/emailed, and help prioritize everything. I'd still like to do that, but it probably won't be until the fall.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
2.5 years? Rough!

Bernie is a cool guy and is always a pleasure to chat with, but clearly his office could use some structure. It really wouldnt be that hard to pay some college kid $200 to come in a few days every month or two and update people on the status of their guitars, and another to compile some sort of list of order dates and base the importance of completion based on the oldest order date, so people aren't getting so pissed over others getting their guitars before they do, eventhough they were "ahead in line."

Hell, I'd do it for free if I lived in California just so people start receiving their guitars and things weren't so chaotic...

Heck, I'd take that job and move there If I was offered it! I could'nt do it for free though because of the moving part:(

^ Well.....I was actually scheduled to fly out there and do everything you mentioned, but I ended up needing to purchase a car out of the blue, so that entire trip got cancelled. I was gonna help out for a few days and get pictures taken, updates called/emailed, and help prioritize everything. I'd still like to do that, but it probably won't be until the fall.

The dudes in the desert an hour or two north east of Los Angeles. Its not entirely a shit hole of a town but not exactly the type of place youd want to live. Central California sucks! Theres really nothing going on there, kind of a boring place honestly. No offense to Bernie or anyone who lives in the area but I couldnt do it even if I was desperate. Good place for building guitars though as the air is dry. Finding a local decent college kid to do that might be sort of hard. Not even sure theres a college nearby :lol:

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
The dudes in the desert an hour or two north east of Los Angeles. Its not entirely a shit hole of a town but not exactly the type of place youd want to live. Central California sucks! Theres really nothing going on there, kind of a boring place honestly. No offense to Bernie or anyone who lives in the area but I couldnt do it even if I was desperate. Good place for building guitars though as the air is dry. Finding a local decent college kid to do that might be sort of hard. Not even sure theres a college nearby :lol:

Maybe he can find an old fart willing to drive from Palm Springs :)

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score

Hesperia, CA is only 15 minutes from University of La Verne, 13 minutes from San Joaquin Valley College, 12 minutes from Azusa Pacific University, 10 minutes from the Victor Valley College, 5 minutes from Brandman University and about a 45 min drive from San Bernardino, which for a job that would only require traveling a few days out of the month, isn't that bad for anyone, really :shred:

Latest posts

')