Mon 18th Bernie says he will 2nd day air ship if I pay extra $35
Mon 18th Bernie promises I will have tracking and will receive by Fri
Mon 18th I pay balance due PLUS extra $35 for fast shipping
Mon 18th Bernie sends a thank you for payment

Wed 20th I receive no tracking

Thur 21st I contact Bernie and receive no response

Fri 22nd I receive no response, no tracking and NO GUITAR

Sat 23rd Im wondering when guitar will arrive and will I get back my $35

-OK, so Ive attached no emotion to this, just hard facts, I wait patiently as he probably just got caught up and will send it next week-

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
^this is really disappointing. I was hoping he could start finishing some of these.

Speculum Speculorum

Reaction score
Hell. At this point I just hope the guy is okay. I haven't heard anything about my build either, which was apparently supposed to be 100% finished and shipped by the end of this week - scout's honor. The last thing that I heard was Tuesday night he said he'd send me pictures of the set up and finished product Wednesday night, and then Wednesday morning he emailed me to say that he was in the shop - then nothing.

The last time we had a disappearance, it ended up that the man was quite sick. Like I said, I just hope that everything is alright with him. Yikes.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's interesting how he has an entire workforce of "woodshop guys", painters, and "web guys", yet the second he's supposedly struck ill no updates are given or guitars are shipped, even those that seem to be shown as complete.

Sorry to butt in again, and I realize I'm breaking my own rule. I'm just bummed as all hell for the guys in here. Especially good dudes like Alain and Hollowway. :)

I'm pulling for you guys. :cheers:

Speculum Speculorum

Reaction score
Just so it's clear - I don't know what's going on at all. I'm just saying that I hope he's okay. More than likely he just didn't get shit done as fast as he thought he would and is still working. I was just hoping out that I hope he isn't MIA for too long.

WickedSymphony

Reaction score
Just so it's clear - I don't know what's going on at all. I'm just saying that I hope he's okay. More than likely he just didn't get shit done as fast as he thought he would and is still working. I was just hoping out that I hope he isn't MIA for too long.

I'm hoping that's the case as well. It would be terrible if he got ill again, not to mention another stop in communication would make people flip out more and that probably wouldn't help when the dude needs to rest a bit and get better.

Anyway, he told me mine would be shipping out this coming week so we'll see what happens. Maybe he'll end up shipping all of ours at the same time.

Speculum Speculorum

Reaction score
I'm hoping that's the case as well. It would be terrible if he got ill again, not to mention another stop in communication would make people flip out more and that probably wouldn't help when the dude needs to rest a bit and get better.

Anyway, he told me mine would be shipping out this coming week so we'll see what happens. Maybe he'll end up shipping all of ours at the same time.

Hey - maybe he gets group discounts, right? :lol:

Seriously though - disappearing luthier syndrome is a pretty nutty deal. And he seemed in such good spirits when we were shooting emails about the "final days" of my build.

People that have been talking with me throughout this whole deal and I have a bit of a joke about being on the "two-week" list. I have been told on at least 7 different occasions that my guitar would "be ready to ship within 2 weeks". :squint:

It looks like we've been bumped up to the "2 days" list, which I suppose will invariably be followed up with the "immediate future" list. I just hope there isn't a "lost in shipping" list as well as a "Oh your guitar wasn't the neon gravy colored?" list. :ugh:

WickedSymphony

Reaction score
People that have been talking with me throughout this whole deal and I have a bit of a joke about being on the "two-week" list. I have been told on at least 7 different occasions that my guitar would "be ready to ship within 2 weeks". :squint:

It looks like we've been bumped up to the "2 days" list, which I suppose will invariably be followed up with the "immediate future" list. I just hope there isn't a "lost in shipping" list as well as a "Oh your guitar wasn't the neon gravy colored?" list. :ugh:

I hope I don't end up being a part of those joke lists :lol:

As it is, everyone I know already bugs me about when my guitar's gonna be done (though this would invariably happen regardless of the luthier since most of them aren't guitar players). And not that I have to answer to them or anything, but when they keep asking and all I can say is "I dunno" it starts racking up the nerves :lol:

But hey, here's to hoping all is well :cheers:

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score

Mon 18th Bernie sends me balance due email
Mon 18th I ask Bernie when guitar will ship
Mon 18th Bernie says by Tues, Wed at the latest
Mon 18th I ask if I will get it by Fri 22nd for a gig possibly
Mon 18th Bernie says he will 2nd day air ship if I pay extra $35
Mon 18th Bernie promises I will have tracking and will receive by Fri
Mon 18th I pay balance due PLUS extra $35 for fast shipping
Mon 18th Bernie sends a thank you for payment

Wed 20th I receive no tracking

Thur 21st I contact Bernie and receive no response

Fri 22nd I receive no response, no tracking and NO GUITAR

Sat 23rd Im wondering when guitar will arrive and will I get back my $35

-OK, so Ive attached no emotion to this, just hard facts, I wait patiently as he probably just got caught up and will send it next week-

Did you try calling or just email?

Locrian

Reaction score

I'm not leonard but I haven't had any of my calls returned in about a year, and every single email I've gotten has been the same reply, basically "I'll get you an update tomorrow". I have about 10 emails from him saying the exact same thing, with no follow up ever. Not a very fun experience.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score

Non of my communication back and forth has been through email. Im gonna be patient, I mean hes sent me pics of a finished guitar. Ive posted the pics in this thread. He was excited when I told him I was going to do that. he wanted me to post the pics in this thread. I cant fathom not getting the guitar this upcoming week, providing that hes in good health as Im pretty sure he is.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I'm just curious who the heck is getting all these guitars. There are no NGDs online, no dealers have any, there's only a couple on ebay, and I'm not seeing any artists getting them. Who the heck is buying them and hiding them? If I didn't know better I'd say only a handful were finished in the past year, but there must be loads of these getting churned out, because I can't imagine any other scenario.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a good question. They seem to be very niche guitars. I know Nick at the Axe Palace has a few in stock / on order. But you don't see many others except maybe at Boogie Street's site.

If these were KXK's the obvious answer would be Technomancer is buying them all :lol:

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Just heard from him. It appears as though right as he promised me last Mon that my guitar would go out by Wed, his wife reminded him that they had to go out of town to get some serious tests done from his last episode that put him out for 2 months. He says he will be back on Mon and my guitar is going out on Tuesday. If he has health issues then we really need to be supportive of him right now. Believe what you will but this is what I am being told by the man himself.

Latest posts

')