The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score
A better shot of the finished product, ready to be shipped!

imagefwd.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Speculum Speculorum

Reaction score
Yeah, I spoke with Bernie via text yesterday as well. It sounds like his plan is to get my guitar shipped, at the latest, by Thursday. We're going to talk a little more detail today or tomorrow. I'm just glad that the dude is okay and healthy enough to keep working. Sending positive vibrations to the man, for sure.

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
Just heard from him. It appears as though right as he promised me last Mon that my guitar would go out by Wed, his wife reminded him that they had to go out of town to get some serious tests done from his last episode that put him out for 2 months. He says he will be back on Mon and my guitar is going out on Tuesday. If he has health issues then we really need to be supportive of him right now. Believe what you will but this is what I am being told by the man himself.

I can verify his health issues. Honestly, he has a lot on his plate outside of the shop right now. I was the first person he called after his first scare a few months ago. We agreed it's not best to put out there exactly what's going on, but rest assured he's not going to keel over and die tomorrow. He and I talk a lot. I wish I could express how much respect and admiration I have for him working through the health and personal issues that have to be on his mind constantly.

I know I harp on this stuff a lot.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I can verify his health issues. Honestly, he has a lot on his plate outside of the shop right now. I was the first person he called after his first scare a few months ago. We agreed it's not best to put out there exactly what's going on, but rest assured he's not going to keel over and die tomorrow. He and I talk a lot. I wish I could express how much respect and admiration I have for him working through the health and personal issues that have to be on his mind constantly.

I know I harp on this stuff a lot.

It is literally entirely my respect for you and your view that has stopped me from pushing for a slot sale (info from Bernie) and giving up. That said if it had all come together when I did advertise my slot for sale I'd have let it go...

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
It is literally entirely my respect for you and your view that has stopped me from pushing for a slot sale (info from Bernie) and giving up. That said if it had all come together when I did advertise my slot for sale I'd have let it go...

You have a particularly weird, raw deal going on man. I think there's something about your name that just doesn't resonate in Bernie's mind after he and I speak. He usually responds to my requests for specific updates within 48 hours. You, however, disappear into the ether until he and I speak again a few days later....then the cycle repeats.

I have a personal interest in the update of your guitar simply because of the rosewood neck. I always like your insight into guitars, so your thoughts would end up swaying me one way or another when Bernie and I sit down to spec out my custom 7 in a few months.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
^Exactly what I get! Even if it doesn't exist I just want to know that! So odd...

I really appreciate the effort you've put into that by the way man, if I'm ever in Pittsburgh... :)

travis bickle

Reaction score
final payment was made last week, and is close to completion. here's hoping for an onslaught of BRJ NGD's in the coming weeks!!!!!!!!

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Sent out another 4 emails to the various ones I've had contact through.

Finally got two replies back; both told me to call him, but both had different phone numbers. Neither number I've gotten an answer/reply from in the past. I honestly don't understand how someone can type out a paragraph reply that tells me to call him to discuss the guitar, but can't just answer the question in a sentence or two and save both of us the time. I don't want to call him during working hours and take away the inevitable hour of time the conversation is going to last from someone else's guitar. It's not my responsibility to keep myself updated on my guitar, he should be calling me :wallbash:

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm just at the point of leaving him alone.... hell, I'm happy to wait for however long it takes. I'm much more interested in my other customs that are going on now.

Sucks for the guys that have their completed guitars ready to go! Best of luck to everyone!

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I'm just at the point of leaving him alone.... hell, I'm happy to wait for however long it takes. I'm much more interested in my other customs that are going on now.

Sucks for the guys that have their completed guitars ready to go! Best of luck to everyone!

+1

The exact approach I'm taking

JerichoCheng

Reaction score
full payment since Mar ('ready for assembly')
i've sent few emails but just got the msg (update for you in the next day or two) everytime,
i sold my EBMM and paid off for the BRJ828, now i didnt have any 7s for my band practice and song recording,
just notice lot of builds also got delay ( 2.5yrs,,,,,?),
so frustrated, when can i receive the guitar :(

Latest posts

')