The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
no i doubt JPMike got his guitar because i'm sure he would have posted pics or linked to NGD thread here.

I think he's banned at the moment.

I also doubt he got his guitar...

I don't know why but I'm really surprised by what's happened. I know I shouldn't be.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

UnderTheSign

Reaction score
I posted on the BCR Junkies Facebook page as there are a lot of guys who have BCRs and BRJs over there and some might have closer ties to the Rico family... So far all I've heard is from the owner of the group and he says Bernie has indeed been very ill and in/out of the hospital, though he hasn't spoken to him since before the holidays. He got worried when I mentioned Bernies absence though, maybe there's some truth to the whole story after all.

spawnsc

Reaction score
There still should something formal coming from Bernie himself and not third parties. We are his customers and we gave him a lot of money for a product that he promised to deliver on. If he is sick he needs to make a statement about it and what he plans to do with our promised guitars even if it means bring third parties in to work on them I'm sure his got connections. Until then I'm only going to believe what Bernie has told us and that's nothing.

Reaction score
I have called Bernie's personal cell phone several times- his business line ( about 80 times ) - emailed him several times and still no response. His website has been down for over a month. There is no excuse that I will accept. He can always hire or should have had someone set in place to give updates or refunds. Being a business owner myself, I take deposits up front for my services. My mother and father are informed of all deposit money that I receive from customers. If I were to croak or fall ill -my customers would be notified and would have their money refunded to them. I'm tolerating the fact that I gave $1,100 of my hard earned money to the charity of Bernie Rico. It's a damn shame even if someone lost a dime to this company. I can't imagine how the guys who have paid in full for one or two guitars must feel. I think I would fucking snap if that was the case for me. Best of luck to all of us. I hope we get our money back or our guitars. I don't even want my guitar anymore. I will order a custom guitar from another company who wants my money and can deliver. Bernie will never see another penny of my money.

Reaction score
It's like that quote from the movie "The Money Pit" with Tom Hanks... "How long will it take to do all this work?"

"Two weeks"

[Uproarious Laughter]

Lol - as pissed off and annoyed as I am with this whole ordeal :mad:- I still found your comment to be pretty fucking funny. :flame:

Tesla

Augmented User
Reaction score
It's like that quote from the movie "The Money Pit" with Tom Hanks... "How long will it take to do all this work?"

"Two weeks"

[Uproarious Laughter]

Or in Total Recall when Arnie has the robot woman mask on and is stuck saying "Two weeks." to every question they ask. Quite fitting actually...

killertone

Reaction score
It is way past time to think that anyone will receive a guitar from him. It ain't happening. Doom and gloom? You fucking bet.

Jexey

Reaction score
I personally know there's some inquiries and asset searches beginning here towards Bernie and if someone on his end doesn't pipe up and start answering questions he's going to realize that class action lawsuits pack a pretty hefty punch.

Furthermore I think it's notable that this is past fiscal trouble - we're talking criminal charges here. Someone above posted the info about the 150 guitars he has in process. That's at least $240,000 in potential revenue and if he doesn't deliver it's considered stolen, cut and dry. That leaves his family on the street and him in jail at a MINIMUM. Bankruptcy wont protect him here, litigation is a bitch.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
That leaves his family on the street and him in jail at a MINIMUM. Bankruptcy wont protect him here, litigation is a bitch.

if by chance is business is an LLC then he is pretty much safe (personal assets)

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score
Hey guys, ok that police thing is super fucked up, if this is true then his either sick or I don't know what else might be, closing down the business or something?? He has a quite heavy name on his back, why would he ruin it like that? :S As Guitarist1976 he should have someone answer to us when something's going on.

Also, I haven't received anything yet, no contact, no guitar.

I start to think, how right my girlfriend was almost a year ago.

Today, my 2nd build was supposed to be shipped/delivered recording to ChrisG's email. :S

Jexey

Reaction score
if by chance is business is an LLC then he is pretty much safe (personal assets)

Doesn't mean shit, neither LLC or corporate charter will protect against flagrant criminal acts. If that was true I'd have a real exciting investment opportunity to tell you about right now. Tell me, where exactly is Bernie Madoff as you read this?? Fuck, they even have the same first name.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Doesn't mean shit, neither LLC or corporate charter protect against flagrant criminal acts. If that was true I'd have a real exciting investment opportunity to tell you about right now. Tell me, where exactly is Bernie Madoff as you read this?? Fuck, they even have the same first name.

:agreed: Have to say he's completely correct. I work for a corporate law firm and over the years have learned a lot just talking to the attorneys. Something like this would be considered fraud and he would not be protected from the result of his practices. If LLC's or full on corporations could do this and not have anyone get into trouble there would be waaay more of it going on.

LLC Basics. Limited Liability Company Business Structure | Nolo.com

Rev.

paddy

Reaction score

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
I still think its a slippery slope. The initial deal offered on black Friday was a one shot thing and guitars have Been put out and shipped. If he were continuing to take orders in under the black Friday, then i would think it would be fraud.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
I just think the fraud case is a bit of a stretch. Did bernie fuck up, absolutely, dont disagree with that one bit.

')