The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

HRC51

Reaction score
I got the same response from the BBB. I really appreciate that other members here have filed a complaint, so that they understand that mine is not an isolated incident. There are multiple people with the same problem.

I sent a rebuttal stating that I do not accept their response. I asked for a refund and stated that BRJ could recuperate the money later by selling my guitar upon completion.

I have no idea if this will lead to a desired result, but it is better than continuing to wait.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Can, in a response to the BBB, we ask for contact information for someone at the company? That's not unreasonable. And is there a person handling your issues you can chief pick up a phone and call? The BBB is run by people, so we should be ae to call someone. (FWIW I've received nothing back from them yet.).
Anyway, I'm at least glad there's been some response. I didn't expect anything. And if he is really sick, I hope he gets better. I just wish someone who cared about him would help him handle this stuff, too.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The next poster that has nothing to do with this thread that posts a regurgitation of the "Bernie illness" tale gets a month off, or a perma if they have under 100 posts. K?

LOUDONE

Reaction score
^id watch it man you're treading on thin ice, he does not fuck around when he says hes gonna ban someone. if you've got some serious evidence then im sure the post would be allowed.

He has no reason to ban me. I was providing first hand information. However, w/ all the rumors floating around, how am I different than anyone else? He does not know me so I guess he can choose not to believe me. Oh well, I tried. Maybe some people don't want to hear the truth.

spawnsc

Reaction score
Bruce I read your post before it was removed but the main thing I and I believe everyone else here is want is for the Rico family to stop using others to get their message out to his customers. The Rico family needs to post a formal statement on their Facebook. I do not see why that is so complicated for them to do. I appreciate your efforts and if you do have contact with the Rico family I would pass this along.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
He has no reason to ban me. I was providing first hand information. However, w/ all the rumors floating around, how am I different than anyone else? He does not know me so I guess he can choose not to believe me. Oh well, I tried. Maybe some people don't want to hear the truth.

Once again, personal or not, no substantiation - every person that's popped up in this thread lately has had some sort of "personal" contact that is in no way verifiable. Until it's something that's verifiable/official, keep it out of this thread. Got it?

Reaction score

but there have been several others providing "firsthand" information claiming that its the "truth" which without 100% solid evidence is seen as nothing more than rumors which just starts to work people up and mud up the thread.

killertone

Reaction score
Once again, personal or not, no substantiation - every person that's popped up in this thread lately has had some sort of "personal" contact that is in no way verifiable. Until it's something that's verifiable/official, keep it out of this thread. Got it?

Exactly. Why does everyone that claims they have first hand information not have the ability to substantiate their claims with a family contact or some other verifiable source? I don't get it at all. The mystery around this whole thing has gone way beyond ridiculous levels of stupidity.

Qweklain

Reaction score
I have not received any response from the BBB yet as some others on here, and I put my complaint in quite a few weeks ago.

Speculum Speculorum

Reaction score
Exactly. Why does everyone that claims they have first hand information not have the ability to substantiate their claims with a family contact or some other verifiable source? I don't get it at all. The mystery around this whole thing has gone way beyond ridiculous levels of stupidity.

Well, it's not really weird if you think about it. The guy owes about 200 people (that we know of) guitars, or their money back, and it sounds like he can't or won't deliver either. My guess is that everybody involved is holding off for as long as is humanly possible before all that built of crap hits the proverbial fan. Also, he's a prototype Californian bullshitter. He was before he was sick, too, but he was just able to hide it well because he wasn't doing as much business. The light of day really is quite telling, isn't it?

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
The mystery around this whole thing has gone way beyond ridiculous levels of stupidity.

EXACTLY! DO you understand now why people are so pissed off and not trusting of what some random person on a forum says? Bernie Rico JR Guitars needs to make an official company statement addressing their customers!

Dewswimmer

Reaction score
It`s really sad to read about this. This guy sucked (((

I have ordered mine hesperian on november 2010.
The customer support was pretty well organized, Bernie himself returned me a call at 6 in the morning in CA - I was surprised. The guitar arrived on february 2011. Everything was fine exept the Korean Floyd Rose, instead of German (I think it is not very good when you order a guitar for 2K and receive a korean floyd instead of original)

Qweklain

Reaction score
I have not received any response from the BBB yet as some others on here, and I put my complaint in quite a few weeks ago.
Interestingly, shortly after I posted this I got a reply. They said they don't deal with issues that are over a year old? What the hell? I specifically said I paid two months ago of almost 2k with no product. Just anyway I can get fucked, it will be found...

At least I just paid not too long ago, so hopefully my bank will just charge that shit back when I talk to them this weekend.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
You guys claiming stuff back, demanding refunds and such. Do you think it'd be possible from across the pond? Granted I sold to Chad (at a massive loss) but if I get a refund I can refund Chad and maybe recover something from this.

Thoughts? I really don't know how this stuff works.

EDIT: Woah just flicked back a page, guess that's out of the question. Another dead end, I'm back out of this thread again, sorry :(

spawnsc

Reaction score
So I guess we just wait like we have been for the last few years.. but instead on waiting for our guitars we have to wait for the Rico family to get their shit together.

spawnsc

Reaction score
Guys I just checked my account and seen where my debit card was credited back $700! From my claim but they will not give me my credit on my credit card for some reason for the $400.

Khoi

Reaction score
Guys I just checked my account and seen where my debit card was credited back $700! From my claim but they will not give me my credit on my credit card for some reason for the $400.

Why only $700? Was that refund just for the deposit? Did you ever make a final payment for the remaining balance?

spawnsc

Reaction score
I paid the deposit with my debit card $700 and $400 on my credit card. Credit card was out of the time frame for a refund. I never paid Bernie full amount

')