The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

ihunda

Reaction score
^ What, they are openly advertising they hired the "Bernie Rico Jr." from the blackfridaygate?

Wow, just wow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
Maybe someone can pm me the SoCal phone number if they know it. I sent a colorful email, but would like to be more personal.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone can pm me the SoCal phone number if they know it. I sent a colorful email, but would like to be more personal.

It's the same as Gearhounds, but what makes you think they will answer? They never answer the phone!

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
They talked with me in March. I think someone should go there. I would if I wasn't in colorado.

I am going to the police about this since they have a new business and Bernie is officially mentioned.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
Damn this is really happening? Did he (they) think this would all just go away? This is stupidity and ignorance on a whole new level. I'm not shitting on a guy getting healthy and back to work, but agenda #1 should be to fix all of the orders still due. Not a note, a mention, and plan. Nothing. It's like everyone here, and anyone else out there, don't exist and just let go of $600, $900, $2,000, or $10,000 in deposits and full payments. He sure is shitting on all of us. AGAIN.

MJS

Reaction score
I am going to the police about this since they have a new business and Bernie is officially mentioned.

Why would the police care? It's not illegal to have a job. :scratch:

It stinks that all this stuff happened, but did even a single person bother taking him to court? If he hasn't been defeated in a courtroom, then disobeyed whatever was ordered by the court, he's not exactly a fugitive on the run.

I'd also guess that if people start confronting him at his work place, there's a better chance of them getting arrested than him.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
Now, I've been here at SS for a while, and I've heard a bunch of stuff over this "guitar brand" and all that goes with it.

I'll be damned if I can make heads or tails of it other than I know I'll never even think about getting one.

atrfan1

Reaction score
I had no connection to any BRJ guitars until I got offered one by Gearhounds. They had seriously screwed up a big order from me, and offered to just cancel it and sell me a 6 string vixen for a really low price. Always loved the vixen shape, so I took the offer.

It was a cool guitar, but really wasn't good enough to make up for the 2 grand and 2 guitars I originally ordered. I sent it back, and gave them the benefit of the doubt. They offered me first pick out of the Ricos they had, and when I heard they had a 7 string Vixen I jumped on it. Been GASing for one since I first starting playing.

A month and a half after that phone call, I shipped out to US Army basic training. Still no guitar, just a lot of reassurances over the phone. Wasn't too happy, but I figured that I wasn't going to be playing it for a while anyways so I would just wait until I got finished with training.

Another month later, I was medically discharged due to an accident that nearly killed me. Still no guitar, and they didn't want to give me a refund. Fortunately, after a few weeks and some seriously angry phone calls, I got my refund.

Now, bear in mind that this all started Dec 2013. If you look on the Social Guitar Company facebook page, you can scroll down and see a 7 string vixen for sale dated August. It literally took them 8 months to get that guitar up for sale, and they were telling me it would be a couple weeks the whole time. And they were entirely aware of my situation with the military. I just don't understand how you can lie to someone like that.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
Why would the police care? It's not illegal to have a job. :scratch:

It stinks that all this stuff happened, but did even a single person bother taking him to court? If he hasn't been defeated in a courtroom, then disobeyed whatever was ordered by the court, he's not exactly a fugitive on the run.

I'd also guess that if people start confronting him at his work place, there's a better chance of them getting arrested than him.

When I called the cops, for theft, fraud, failure to deliver goods; hesperia pd said they weren't able to locate him. The gearhounds guys had also mentioned he was hiding out to keep people off him. If he is starting all this over again, I am going to try to get him.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Alright guys, get your shit together. It's VERY rare to have this opportunity again.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
^same thing. If you bought something from him and didn't receive a product or refund...call the police. Businesses and contractors pull this shit all the time. Nondelivery or work not completed are criminal offenses.

If all of those he boned call, they will take this seriously. Just google "contractor never finished" or similar things and you will see hundreds of news article of roofers, landscapers, software developers, ect being sentenced to jail for leaving their customers high and dry. This is criminal, there is no valid reason not to take action.

Let's not let him do this to other people, that would be the worst outcome.

Edit: your local police is where to file

Edit 2: anyone who paid money and didn't receive a guitar should shoot me a pm regardless of state or country. I made some really good progress with some authorities and would like to help anyone else with moving on.

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
Okay. Thanks for the PM on this. I'm 100% in for whatever legal actions we decide upon here. I'm not incredibly close to that area despite living in Cali, but I'll be done there next month for Thanksgiving. Let's keep in close contact on this. James, shoot me over your email address or phone number when you have a second. I'd like to chat about what you've done so far and see what I can do to help move things along.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Theres some guy on there right now arguing with me saying that everyone who ordered a guitar will actually get their guitar. It's a crock, but I thought you guys might want to know.

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
A new Necrophagist album will be released before you guys ever receive the guitars you ordered. Take action NOW and at least get that hard earned money you spent returned to you. This is BS and awfully ballsy of him to just resurface and act like he's part of a legitimate business again.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
Theres some guy on there right now arguing with me saying that everyone who ordered a guitar will actually get their guitar. It's a crock, but I thought you guys might want to know.

Well, I have yet to hear from the man himself on anything. If he wants to give me my guitar, he better get on that before the police arrive. I am pressing criminal charges for fraud and gave him warning. I have tried too many times to email, call and text. He has had his chance. I can't let him do this to anyone else.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score

Went and read that after you posted this. What an absolute joke. He fails to realize the point at hand is Bernie is still at it trying to make money after he's scumbagged all the people in here. So regardless of whether he's trying to get back on his feet and make things right it just looks like he's after more money. And how nasty that F'er is!!!

Rev.

')