The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

btbg

Reaction score
At this point, this needs to be dropped. No one has filed any legals claims against Bernie. No one has filed charges. Outside of those two things happening, it's time to move on. How many more years do you need before this sets in, guys? Sh*t or get off the pot.

You sure are dumb, aren't you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
This guy wants me to meet him on Monday. I'm not sure I can get to him that early. Maybe Tuesday or Wednesday. My plan is to assess what all he has, how he got it, then pass that information to the police in the area. My preference is to not have everyone flag the ad. If this guy gets spooked, then I won't be able to collect any information. I'd like to give the police a little bit to work with.

Mklane

Reaction score
Someone posted a link to this thread in the comments so he will likely back out when he sees it. Unless he actually wants to help.

JohnnyRich

Reaction score
also, i am an admin for the b.c. rich junkies groups on facebook. all the posts from that guy with the craigslist ad have been removed and the poster has been band from all 3 of the group pages. the b.c. rich junkies does not and will not support, approve of or condone people trying to sell things that do not belong to them on our group pages.

JohnnyRich

Reaction score
the guy who posted the craigslist ad, Juve Quintana, wants to help in getting the guitars in the hands of the rightful owners, those that can prove the guitar is their's. i have lifted his ban on the junkies facebook pages and he has been asked to re-joint the group. we shall see what happens.

Khoi

Reaction score

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
a facebook group has been created to help find brj guitars that have been stolen or paid for and never received. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1615606095359273/

also, i am an admin for the b.c. rich junkies groups on facebook. all the posts from that guy with the craigslist ad have been removed and the poster has been band from all 3 of the group pages. the b.c. rich junkies does not and will not support, approve of or condone people trying to sell things that do not belong to them on our group pages.

the guy who posted the craigslist ad, Juve Quintana, wants to help in getting the guitars in the hands of the rightful owners, those that can prove the guitar is their's. i have lifted his ban on the junkies facebook pages and he has been asked to re-joint the group. we shall see what happens.

Oh look, the guys who were always ALWAYS there to defend Bernie are now trying to help, but only if: "this is NOT to bitch and complain or rant and rave about Jr or the situation".

:rofl:

Still trying to defend him in some way. Ever think this stuff might lead to Bernie and all the legal stuff that entails? If that is the case, what's to stop you guys from shutting this down when your homeboy Bernie might be in a rough spot?

None of you have cared until now. You've insulted, belittled, and talked awfully terrible to and about many of the users on here who are just good folks trying to get what they paid thousands for.

Was this to clear your conscience?

Dewswimmer

Reaction score
Let me tell you about my experience with bernie. Back in 2011 I have ordered from him a hesperian 627 with choosing pickups and controls placement. It takes 2 months to get El Diablo from factory according to him. He also add diamonds on the fretboard for free. The cost of the guitar was total 1800 + 120 shipping to Russia via USPS priority. I was really surprised when UPS agent called me and offered to pay customs (about 400 usd), cause Bernie used UPS shipping instead if USPS where I could avoid customs fees. To tell you more Bernie told me that he paid 700 bucks for shipping and asked me to cover this. Crazy! I have told him 100 times to use only USPS.

So I paid 400 bucks customs and get my guitar, After inspection I had found 1000 series tremolo instead of the OFR. And refused to cover extra shipping. As for the guitar itself - it wasn`t his best sounding axe even after 3-4 years. I own one Jekyll now from 2003 - and this is awesome sounding guitar (but it Had some probles with neck and floyd routing - all was fixed and frets were replaced)

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your "friend" doesn't have access to Google?

The guitars, at least the pictures posted, show the unmistakable markings of the BRJ brand, they even have his name on them. Your "friend" didn't think to do a five second search, results showing the fiasco surrounding the brand are on the very first page?

He obviously knew enough about them to try and sell them.

:rofl:

I see you removed that the second you realized how fucking stupid it was.

Tesla

Augmented User
Reaction score
Every time this thread is bumped back up we'll get a couple of new users who will post something questionable once or twice here then vanish. I'm not the only one that noticed, right?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Every time this thread is bumped back up we'll get a couple of new users who will post something questionable once or twice here then vanish. I'm not the only one that noticed, right?

They don't come back because it's pretty obvious when they're full of .... or have an ulterior motive. :lol:

Rap Hat

the:pawn.project
Reaction score
Shoot, I didn't get a chance to see any of the pics before it was taken down. Pic of my guitar below. I have a few more as well.

Please please let me know if one that looked like this popped up on that guy's list.

E: I know I'll never see this, it's been what, like 5 years now? But even some resolution that some asshole in CA bought the unfinished one and is trying to sell it would be good. Then at least I could put the word out wherever it's listed that it's a stolen instrument. This whole deal really ruined me on trusting small luthiers, and it was only because I was working with Tom Drinkwater before disaster struck here that I followed through with the OAF (which I don't regret at all).

At least the amount of fraudulent luthiers seems to be dropping a little? 2009-2013 was insane, there were at least 5 or 6 "companies" that built terrible guitars and scammed people, but lately it's been seemingly less.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 170

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
Shoot, I didn't get a chance to see any of the pics before it was taken down. Pic of my guitar below. I have a few more as well.

Please please let me know if one that looked like this popped up on that guy's list.

E: I know I'll never see this, it's been what, like 5 years now? But even some resolution that some asshole in CA bought the unfinished one and is trying to sell it would be good. Then at least I could put the word out wherever it's listed that it's a stolen instrument. This whole deal really ruined me on trusting small luthiers, and it was only because I was working with Tom Drinkwater before disaster struck here that I followed through with the OAF (which I don't regret at all).

At least the amount of fraudulent luthiers seems to be dropping a little? 2009-2013 was insane, there were at least 5 or 6 "companies" that built terrible guitars and scammed people, but lately it's been seemingly less.

That's not one of the ones that popped up. I figured this was going to happen eventually, so I screen-capped everything. I also saved my emails and Facebook conversations with the guy.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score

The ....heads acted in a manner consistent with any new, emerging market. They whipped up hype, made a passable product or two and promptly bilked everyone until they could run away.

Rap Hat

the:pawn.project
Reaction score
That's not one of the ones that popped up. I figured this was going to happen eventually, so I screen-capped everything. I also saved my emails and Facebook conversations with the guy.

That was very smart, you rock for doing that! I guess I'm kind of glad mine didn't pop up, it means I don't have to annoy the people around me with another update about this awful situation/get stressed out even more.

I feel like we have reunions every so often here to commiserate this mess, it's like "oh it's been five years? Let's post in the Rico Jr thread and see how everyone else is doing (hint: they won't have their guitars)!"

I want to say I'm done with this for good, but every time I hit money troubles or have to work on a guitar I'm like, "God dammit Bernie, why did you do this?" Then I remember just how much crap he spouted about other luthiers, forum members, mods, etc and it seems so obvious in hindsight.

E: did anyone else wonder if they were going to be next on his s***-list? You couldn't even ask certain things without running the risk of him badmouthing you to the next customer he talked to, which sure as hell made the whole situation worse.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This whole deal really ruined me on trusting small luthiers, and it was only because I was working with Tom Drinkwater before disaster struck here that I followed through with the OAF (which I don't regret at all).

You're far from the only one who shunned all custom builders after this mess, not only did Bernie manage to ruin his own business he really put the wrench in the works for other, reputable builders. I know of at least two who were ready to launch significant updates and improvements and runs around the time this went down.

There are still scam builders out there, it's just as a community we've gotten much better at weeding them out and not falling for the BS.

This showed everyone that even a builder with a big name, big name endorsers, and even dealers could be a scammer. If this happened before Roter, Sherman, Invictus, Siggery, etc. I feel like those incidents wouldn't even of happened.

')