The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Did anyone ever find out who was building the guitars in Mexico?

Someone could totally get them building guitars again and make Rico copies, probably with no kind of pushback, since Bernie would presumably have to show his face if he wanted to stop people from using his design.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Someone could totally get them building guitars again and make Rico copies, probably with no kind of pushback, since Bernie would presumably have to show his face if he wanted to stop people from using his design.

The whole idea of that makes my skin crawl, for plenty of reasons. :ugh:

UnderTheSign

Reaction score

If Ed Roman wasn't dead, he'd be selling Rico "factory spares" already :lol:

Anyway, if he used his dads old facility down south, according to the history of BC Rich (courtesy of the guys at the Moser forums - B.C. Rich - History) it is or was located at 15 April St, Tijuana, Mexico. Hower, as Max pointed out a month ago, the address either doesn't exist or we're terrible at finding Mexican addresses on Google Maps. Maybe it's something along the lines of "calle abril" instead of April Street. Maybe someone who knows his Mexico can help out here.

If it was that easy to get a Mexican factory to start churning out guitars though, trust me - it would've happened way more often and way sooner.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
Who would want a BRJ anymore...real or fake? It's all tainted now (yes, I said taint :lol:)

JohnnyRich

Reaction score
Oh look, the guys who were always ALWAYS there to defend Bernie are now trying to help, but only if: "this is NOT to bitch and complain or rant and rave about Jr or the situation".

:rofl:

Still trying to defend him in some way. Ever think this stuff might lead to Bernie and all the legal stuff that entails? If that is the case, what's to stop you guys from shutting this down when your homeboy Bernie might be in a rough spot?

None of you have cared until now. You've insulted, belittled, and talked awfully terrible to and about many of the users on here who are just good folks trying to get what they paid thousands for.

Was this to clear your conscience?
fist of all, bernie is not my homie, and i never insulted, belittle or talked awfully terrible about anybody. im trying to help. if that bothers you then thats your problem, not mine.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
...OK, that stuff needs to stop, or you'll both be sitting out for a while.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
Well... it has been five years. I think of all that has changed, all the people who have come and gone. One thing remains the same, we are not getting any guitars or refunds.

I think I will move on the best I can.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, the music store owner I was talking about, once he found out about the whole situation, decided not to buy them off the guy who had them from the factory. I thought he already had, but he hadn't yet bought them. The other guy has them, but they are mostly in a pre-paint stage. I believe he had them listed on CL or something. But yeah, I've pretty much given up hope. I know mine is in the Rico household somewhere, with his wife, but that's as far as I got.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, the music store owner I was talking about, once he found out about the whole situation, decided not to buy them off the guy who had them from the factory. I thought he already had, but he hadn't yet bought them. The other guy has them, but they are mostly in a pre-paint stage. I believe he had them listed on CL or something. But yeah, I've pretty much given up hope. I know mine is in the Rico household somewhere, with his wife, but that's as far as I got.

And theres one in my shop all taped up waiting for me to finally jump at it. :p

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone here has heard yet. But he is actually reopening Bernie rico jr guitars. Has a new webpage that isn't completely up yet. I've been told he will be selling guitars again by Jan 2016

Reaction score
Everyone that ordered one and did not receive it. I would gather any paperwork or documentation you have on it. From what I've been told he lost all his paperwork. And watch the website until it posts then obviously contact him. I have to assume he knows the hailstorm waiting for him the second he becomes available to the public. Website is ricojrguitars.com

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone here has heard yet. But he is actually reopening Bernie rico jr guitars. Has a new webpage that isn't completely up yet. I've been told he will be selling guitars again by Jan 2016

Hello, newly registered person claiming insider information. Please give your sources.

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score

One hell of a first post.

Reaction score
I'm on a bc rich group on facebook. A couple of the admins know rico jr and made a post regarding it. I owned a few bc rich custom shops and owned a 2008 vixen so I have kept up with this forum thread just because of how ....ty the situation is. I just saw that posted today so I felt compelled to make an account to let everyone here know

watson503

Los Cochinos
Reaction score
I've been following this since I saw the following posted on Facebook starting @ November 4th, here are some of the posts I've saved since then - I couldn't believe it when I saw it posted late last night that BRJ is supposedly coming back but it was confirmed by one of the mods over there that is and has been in contact with him -
Things are starting as we speak I figure new years will be the "official" launch , but we will see . as pappa smurf would say " not far now " LOL

The whole thing is bizarre, why wouldn't BRJ have contacted the police, filed a report, and notified everyone what was going on? But no, now we have this and people are already frothing at the mouth to throw this guy their money from the posts made since this morning

Ripped off by Bernie Rico JR? Then you were ultimately ripped off by this man, Joseph J. Donner. Let's all pitch in and find his ass. Wherever he may be.

https://m.facebook.com/Wheres-Joe-Donner-1078971508809972/?tsid=0.7290152653586119&source=typeahead

From @ Nov. 4th:

Joe Donner ... PUBLIC ENEMY No 1 !!!
this is the man that stole all of Jr's inventory while he was in the hospital.
this piece of garbage is now selling off the stolen guitars AND even making counterfeit B.R.J. guitars .
he is in no way affiliated with or working for Jr . BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!
MEET THE NEW ED ROMAN LADIES AND GENTLEMAN

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1615606095359273/permalink/1624679981118551/

So I had a conversation today with Bernie Rico Jr. for a little over an hour today about this guy. This dude is absolutely the piece of .... as described. How do you not only take advantage of a business partner like this, but someone you break bread with and call a friend? This dude has helped to not only destroy Bernie's reputation, but left a sick man out to dry. I hope he rots in the deepest depths of hell. Thanks Dave for hooking Jr. and I up brother. Still surreal to talk to the man himself. Hard to believe I got "starstruck" from talking to a dude that's known me since I was a toddler.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/bcrichjunkies/?fref=nf

splash.jpg

Latest posts

')