The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

Reaction score
It definitely has a very strange aura surrounding it. And yes there are many people on there that want him back in business

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I was just told that anyone who paid and did not receive a guitar will be "made whole" again. Whether that's money back or the guitar I do not know.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Well, I know for a fact mine was not stolen. His wife texted me that she had it in her house. So hopefully, if this did all go down as described, he can help those of us that were left high and dry to get back to where we need to be. I mean, I paid $600 for mine, so he would gain $1000 by finishing it. I would think that if he plans on moving forward he'll never get off the ground if he doesn't "make whole" the people who ordered from him previously.

flint757

Reaction score
Is he starting a business now because the statute of limitations for theft is pretty much up for everyone involved? If it's true (big if) that's probably why now...

I personally think at this point the lot of you who are buying into this are just fooling yourselves. More continued false hope. Even if he does reopen the shop again what makes y'all think he's going to really honor any past commitments. He's doomed even if he were to honor all past commitments. Anyone buying a guitar from him or paying him money is literally asking to be ripped off. Even if he's magically changed his ways his reputation is far too tarnished to really get anything worthwhile going.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
Well, I know for a fact mine was not stolen. His wife texted me that she had it in her house. So hopefully, if this did all go down as described, he can help those of us that were left high and dry to get back to where we need to be. I mean, I paid $600 for mine, so he would gain $1000 by finishing it. I would think that if he plans on moving forward he'll never get off the ground if he doesn't "make whole" the people who ordered from him previously.

You don't really know that for a fact. A lot of things everyone said in this whole ordeal were lies. I hope for the best for you and everyone, but taking his wife's word as fact is just wishful thinking. Sounds like they're tossing someone new under the bus just to try to start again. With the quality of the last few that trickled out though, I would have zero interest in even getting anything from him at this point.

downburst82

Reaction score
Just curious does (or did) he ever claim his guitars were "made in the USA"? Because as everyone knows they were imported from the "secret shop" in Mexico. I was under the impression the USA government takes that stuff fairly seriously (is it Martin or Taylor that can't legally claim made in USA anymore for some BS reason even though they are?)

If he does re-launch people should watch for that and make sure he gets called on it...at the VERY least....or tip off the tax man to look into if he was importing/accounting everything aboveboard.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
You don't really know that for a fact. A lot of things everyone said in this whole ordeal were lies. I hope for the best for you and everyone, but taking his wife's word as fact is just wishful thinking. Sounds like they're tossing someone new under the bus just to try to start again. With the quality of the last few that trickled out though, I would have zero interest in even getting anything from him at this point.

Yeah, my point is that if they say that mine was stolen, I have her word saying she had it. That's a start. A start to what, I don't know. But if he is planning on coming back, I will be trying to get in touch with them again. I was thisclose to getting mine, but she suddenly ceased all communication, and that's where I am left. Who knows, though. He has to know that there are loads of people who will work very hard to make sure he doesn't succeed. It would be in his best interest to try to placate all of them. How he could possibly do that, I'm not sure. I mean, honestly, just coming forward and making some sort of a statement and trying to make amends would do a lot more than hiding and planning on starting a new business. The problem is that the people who trusted him the most are the ones that got burned the most. Some people paid him in full for 2 or 3 guitars, and got nothing. I was one of the ones supporting him right through the end. If he's anything other than a con man then he should work with those who have been left high and dry and try to compensate us.

Though, this whole thing does make me feel particularly good about a couple of others. Shad Peters (of Peters Instruments) was dealt a hefty blow when his entire shop and contents burned down, and his insurance company found a loop hole to not pay him. So he started a donation page, got donations from a bunch of people, including some big-name shops and music stores, and is now back up and running. And right after it went down, when he was down the most, he send me an email saying that he would repay me one way or another. And just a few weeks ago he sent me an email saying he was ready to start building my guitar again. Now that's a guy with integrity. I'd recommend him to anyone, and I'll always support him because of his "me last" attitude. That's how you build a business, and a legion of enthusiastic supporters. So if Rico decides to walk away from all of his past mess, and take a, "I have to lookout for myself first, they don't know what I've been through," attitude, then that's on him, and says volumes about his morals, ethics, and the Rico name. But I know I'd never want that to be the legacy for my family.

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
I've been following this since I saw the following posted on Facebook starting @ November 4th, here are some of the posts I've saved since then - I couldn't believe it when I saw it posted late last night that BRJ is supposedly coming back but it was confirmed by one of the mods over there that is and has been in contact with him -

The whole thing is bizarre, why wouldn't BRJ have contacted the police, filed a report, and notified everyone what was going on? But no, now we have this and people are already frothing at the mouth to throw this guy their money from the posts made since this morning

https://m.facebook.com/Wheres-Joe-Donner-1078971508809972/?tsid=0.7290152653586119&source=typeahead

From @ Nov. 4th:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1615606095359273/permalink/1624679981118551/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/bcrichjunkies/?fref=nf

splash.jpg

OH
COME
ON!

Seriously guys? FIVE YEARS on and we're still seeing wild accusations and insane explanations.

EVEN IF we believe this tripe, and this mysterious boogeyman man made off with warehouse content after hospitalization, this STILL does not explain the YEARS of ponzi scheme style fraud, lies, deceit and poor business processes from BRJ.

This mysterious third party removes ZERO liability and ownership from BRJ and the horrible, horrible ways he has ripped you all off.

This new information, if true, is meaningless and if anything, it seems like a poorly deviced attempt to instill sympathy for BRJ (REALLY?!? If this actually happened, why has there been ZERO communication outside of BRJ apologists on the bc rich junkies page?)

Making up a mysterious boogey man to take the heat off BRJ is reprehensible, and does nothing to sooth the financial loss of his victims.

This misinformation and false hope has to stop. It's abundantly clear that very little, if anything can be done for most peoples loss here.

Stop kicking a dead horse here, please. :wallbash:

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
The relaunch is just vile. Literally unbelievable.
I have to ask, to all the people who Bernie ripped off, if he offered to finish commissioned guitars, could you even stomach giving him another dime?

MetalThrasher

Thrash & Burn
Reaction score
Nice, so the sneaky prick is opening up shop again with the money I paid him in full for my ghost vixen. WTF! He better be ready cause if this is true I'm not letting this go if he opens up shop! I want my money back or guitar. I'll tell you what he has balls if he does decide to open shop up again. :nuts:

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
Yeah, my point is that if they say that mine was stolen, I have her word saying she had it. That's a start. A start to what, I don't know. But if he is planning on coming back, I will be trying to get in touch with them again. I was thisclose to getting mine, but she suddenly ceased all communication, and that's where I am left. Who knows, though. He has to know that there are loads of people who will work very hard to make sure he doesn't succeed. It would be in his best interest to try to placate all of them. How he could possibly do that, I'm not sure. I mean, honestly, just coming forward and making some sort of a statement and trying to make amends would do a lot more than hiding and planning on starting a new business. The problem is that the people who trusted him the most are the ones that got burned the most. Some people paid him in full for 2 or 3 guitars, and got nothing. I was one of the ones supporting him right through the end. If he's anything other than a con man then he should work with those who have been left high and dry and try to compensate us.

Though, this whole thing does make me feel particularly good about a couple of others. Shad Peters (of Peters Instruments) was dealt a hefty blow when his entire shop and contents burned down, and his insurance company found a loop hole to not pay him. So he started a donation page, got donations from a bunch of people, including some big-name shops and music stores, and is now back up and running. And right after it went down, when he was down the most, he send me an email saying that he would repay me one way or another. And just a few weeks ago he sent me an email saying he was ready to start building my guitar again. Now that's a guy with integrity. I'd recommend him to anyone, and I'll always support him because of his "me last" attitude. That's how you build a business, and a legion of enthusiastic supporters. So if Rico decides to walk away from all of his past mess, and take a, "I have to lookout for myself first, they don't know what I've been through," attitude, then that's on him, and says volumes about his morals, ethics, and the Rico name. But I know I'd never want that to be the legacy for my family.

Gotcha. That makes way more sense, and that's cool about Shad Peters. (getting back to you, I mean... not that whole disaster of a fire thing.) That's some legit dedication right there.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
OH
COME
ON!

Seriously guys? FIVE YEARS on and we're still seeing wild accusations and insane explanations.

EVEN IF we believe this tripe, and this mysterious boogeyman man made off with warehouse content after hospitalization, this STILL does not explain the YEARS of ponzi scheme style fraud, lies, deceit and poor business processes from BRJ.

This mysterious third party removes ZERO liability and ownership from BRJ and the horrible, horrible ways he has ripped you all off.

This new information, if true, is meaningless and if anything, it seems like a poorly deviced attempt to instill sympathy for BRJ (REALLY?!? If this actually happened, why has there been ZERO communication outside of BRJ apologists on the bc rich junkies page?)

Making up a mysterious boogey man to take the heat off BRJ is reprehensible, and does nothing to sooth the financial loss of his victims.

This misinformation and false hope has to stop. It's abundantly clear that very little, if anything can be done for most peoples loss here.

Stop kicking a dead horse here, please. :wallbash:

Yeah, so I agree about most of that, and we left the horse alone when we thought it was dead. But it appears the horse was playing dead, waiting for us to move on, and planning to get up again. And seeing how this particular horse made off with a lot of people's money, there are a number of people that are either wanting to beat said horse, or question it enough to find out if we can get our money/guitars back.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
He needs to make right with the past before taking on new customers. I can't believe anyone would give him money at this stage.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
Can you imagine those who have only put down a deposit getting an email saying to send the rest of the money and their guitar will ship in a week? Been there, done that.

Unfortunately, I bet some sucker will do it.

flint757

Reaction score
He needs to make right with the past before taking on new customers. I can't believe anyone would give him money at this stage.

I can't believe anyone would contemplate giving him money at all no matter what he does next.

slayercannibalsuffohead

Reaction score
O.K. Gonna throw a couple of things out there ...........
Firstly, I can't stand the prick or anyone that still kisses his arse like nothings happened. Which leads me to this .......

*I may be wrong here, but this is what is going on at the moment in my eyes*

I am on the B.C Rich Junkies facebook page. I have always liked the USA stuff, but anyway ......
Some might know this, but probably most won't. BC Rich have apparently opened up their custom shop again (a few months back), all be it without an official website (strange), but only a facebook page which actually doesn't give out much info at all. They are taking orders/deposits through that page and I quickly jumped on the opportunity to do so. But I asked a few questions first before even thinking about placing anything after the BRJ fiasco.

One of the questions that I asked was "Who is/are the luthiers?" To which I got a reply (along the lines of), "We can't name names yet, but lets just say it's someone that worked for/with us a while back and can not wait for this venture to start up again."

So .......... I placed an order with all the specs that I wished for, and in typical BRJ fashion, got an answer back (after trying several times to communicate with whomever was in charge) with the wrong specs on the "official" order document, things spelt incorrectly, punctuation up the creek (I know it shouldn't matter, but it looks unprofessional) and to cap it off, no sign of the eye poplar top that I asked for!

Now, there are 3 blokes on the junkies site that "seem to be in the know" about all that's happening with the CS. These are also the same 3 blokes that "seem to be in the know" that BRJ is making a comeback! These 3 blokes also back Bernie 100% and kiss his arse nearly everyday on the page for the last 3 weeks. Any negative comments are swiftly removed by the "leader & Co" and are also the 3 that have "sourced" info blaming some other dude for everything that has happened!

I may be way out of wack here, but the timing of everything and the terrible start to the "relaunch" of BCR's CS, and all of the above (including this new fella who apparently ripped of Bernie) just seems a tad fishy.

I'll say it again ........ I may be completely wrong, but 3 "nobodies" with a wealth of knowledge that we all don't know bugger all about, is aligning as we speak. Most of us know that the actual page is for fanboys and any other opinion is removed swiftly and dealt with accordingly (as cheap chinese BCR's take up most of the feed anyway), but it sickens me that the "God bless Bernie', "Get well soon Bern" etc is now starting on the page and it smells like the same saga here 3+ years ago!

I hope he does show (doubt it though) and is dealt with accordingly. But, this could be so far from the truth, it doesn't matter. Just my 2 cents.

twguitar

Reaction score
Im also on the junkies page and was the one who posted the link to Bernies site in the first place. There have been rumours for a while but this is the first actual confirmed link so thought Id share. The only way this could ever work is if he has things in place to set right what he owes people and has some in there to run his business. I sure as hell wouldn't hand any money over directly and would only buy from a store if it was already complete. Its a shame its gone this way but wouldn't want to get caught up in anything else.

As for the BC Rich custom shop.... That is legit and Ive had it confirmed by Hanser (who own Bc Rich). Its being run by someone thats worked for Bc Rich since 86, Im not going to say who as its being announced at NAMM but thats a genuine thing and nothing to do with the Rico family. I too would wait and see a few of the guitars come out first though.... If anyone wants a Bich I don't understand why you wouldn't go to Neal Moser anyway.

Anyways lets see where this new Bernie Jr site goes in the next few weeks

UnderTheSign

Reaction score

Latest posts

')