The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

animalwithin

Reaction score
I haven't checked this thread in years!

I was involved in this mess and lost $500 which was my deposit for a Black Friday build right before things started to fall apart.

I know it's nothing compared to what others lost but after posting some of the emails here that I exchanged with he-who-must-not-be-named, he promptly emailed me back legally threatening me since his emails apparently had some sort of confidentiality clause in the signature. I was a naïve college student back then and it scared the shit out of me to think he was going to send some lawyer after me.

Crazy how we're still seeing remnants of this fiasco effecting people. I agree with Max, all these blank guitars should be destroyed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I haven't checked this thread in years!

I was involved in this mess and lost $500 which was my deposit for a Black Friday build right before things started to fall apart.

I know it's nothing compared to what others lost but after posting some of the emails here that I exchanged with he-who-must-not-be-named, he promptly emailed me back legally threatening me since his emails apparently had some sort of confidentiality clause in the signature. I was a naïve college student back then and it scared the shit out of me to think he was going to send some lawyer after me.

Crazy how we're still seeing remnants of this fiasco effecting people. I agree with Max, all these blank guitars should be destroyed.
Yeah, I just saw online that Michael Campbell, of Guitarmory, bought an old BRJ 7 string with neck blank (no FB, no hardware, no finish) as a project. Why anyone would be buying that crap is beyond me. There was so much wrong with those last few months of guitars that unless it was free, it would be better off having someone make a new one. A rough body cut and neck blank aren't exactly the secret sauce of a good guitar, so I don't get why dudes are playing hundreds of dollars for these.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, I just saw online that Michael Campbell, of Guitarmory, bought an old BRJ 7 string with neck blank (no FB, no hardware, no finish) as a project. Why anyone would be buying that crap is beyond me. There was so much wrong with those last few months of guitars that unless it was free, it would be better off having someone make a new one. A rough body cut and neck blank aren't exactly the secret sauce of a good guitar, so I don't get why dudes are playing hundreds of dollars for these.

Because some people have the inate drive to have to be part of things. They need to be involved with everything.

Fucking tools. I hope it snaps in half.

gclef

Reaction score
This thread is still going??????

What a blast from the past!

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I wonder if he used the money he owed employees to buy that

A very fitting guitar for him lmao

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This thread is still going??????

What a blast from the past!

Eh, it's not closed, but like every so often someone YouTube-famous will find a husk for sale cheap and folks will Google it and wind up here, or some rando will drop the ol' "I just read this whole thread, OMG" comment for funsies.

Thesius

Reaction score
Electric boogaloo part 2

Kinda reminds me of a Westone

received_1213182349811319.png

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
Just in time...

I noticed several other random companies advertising "Black Friday in July"

Edit: I thought this may have been a troll post...but I guess not

')