The Caparison Owner's Group! Let's see them!

• Thread starter engage757
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
rofl, first Michael Amott leaves ESP for Dean, and now Chris goes from Caparison to Charvel... seems like Swedes don't like Jap , which is cool cause that means MORE FOR US

do want a TAT II... do want...

Doombreed

Reaction score
A couple of pictures of the Angelus HGS I picked up off jahosy recently.

Angelus2-sml by Doombreed, on Flickr

Angelus1-sml by Doombreed, on Flickr

Haven't put up a NGD yet, but I'll try to get to that this weekend.

I must admit that I did not exactly fall in love with this guitar when I got it. It is acoustically very loud and the fit and finish are very nice, but something didn't quite click for me.

I eventually realised it is the neck shape. I had fairly assumed that the neck profile would be close enough to a Les Paul to make the transition easy. The neck does feel as if it is significantly rounder than my 60's profile Les Paul.

I have now begun to adapt to it after some more play time, but it doesn't feel as natural to play as I was hoping...

Honestly thinking about trading or selling it on.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I have now begun to adapt to it after some more play time, but it doesn't feel as natural to play as I was hoping...

Honestly thinking about trading or selling it on.

Very beautiful one though. I would have probably snagged it off of ya if it was still in Aus. It's funny, I saw that thing in Japan when I was there this summer, in Aus when I moved back. Is it a sign I'm supposed to come to Germany?

jahosy

Reaction score
I must admit that I did not exactly fall in love with this guitar when I got it. It is acoustically very loud and the fit and finish are very nice, but something didn't quite click for me.

I eventually realised it is the neck shape. I had fairly assumed that the neck profile would be close enough to a Les Paul to make the transition easy. The neck does feel as if it is significantly rounder than my 60's profile Les Paul.

Happened to me as well. Thought i would adapt to the Angelus, but was wrong. Main issues for me were the weight, and neck profile.

Otherwise its a beautiful instrument.

Hope you'll get around liking it!

Doombreed

Reaction score
Very beautiful one though. I would have probably snagged it off of ya if it was still in Aus. It's funny, I saw that thing in Japan when I was there this summer, in Aus when I moved back. Is it a sign I'm supposed to come to Germany?

Yes. I think it is a clear sign. :lol:

Happened to me as well. Thought i would adapt to the Angelus, but was wrong. Main issues for me were the weight, and neck profile.

Otherwise its a beautiful instrument.

Hope you'll get around liking it!

Hi man. The weight doesn't trouble me as I have been playing a LP for a while now. The neck profile still feels a bit strange, but I am definitely adapting to it.
Honestly not sure how long I should hold out trying to adapt to it. I'm in no hurry to be rid of it, but at the same time I'm interested to see what trade offers I would get for it.
I am currently in love with my LP and that is making it hard for this one to get play time!

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
hahaha engage, get a TAT and load it with vintage pickups, there ya go non-metal guitar :rofl:

Fluxx

Reaction score
Just put Custom Order BareKnuckle Painkillers in my Trans-midnight blue Angelus HGS!
A couple quick shots before I go wire everything and get her set up! She is wearing Everly X Rockers now! .13! ;)

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

Just thought i'd quote Zack's post to show you guys my new Capa! XD
It showed up today... Just waiting for my covers to set on the pickups i'm putting in it before I take some family shots and do an NGD.. but its coming!

Omrat

Reaction score
Cool

Did you get it from Ishibashi?

Sorry for confusing Old/New title - HGS is not brand-new - got it from Caparison forum.
Sold the Snow Cloud couple of years ago to fund My first 7-string - now I'm Back ! :yesway:

jahosy

Reaction score
Sorry for confusing Old/New title - HGS is not brand-new - got it from Caparison forum.
Sold the Snow Cloud couple of years ago to fund My first 7-string - now I'm Back ! :yesway:

No prob mate :) yeh saw that one at the Capa forum as well. Nice catch! :)Hope to see more pictures soon!!

')