The Caparison Owner's Group! Let's see them!

• Thread starter engage757
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nub
Reaction score
I would bid on it, but im afraid it will be artificially inflated by random kse fans. I expect it to sell for 2500 dollars.

That really is a one of a kind custom based off an already hard to get base model (PLM-3). Its worth trying i suppose.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
I would bid on it, but im afraid it will be artificially inflated by random kse fans. I expect it to sell for 2500 dollars.

That really is a one of a kind custom based off an already hard to get base model (PLM-3). Its worth trying i suppose.

I bet the PLM-3 sells for more than that. Chris Amott's Backup sig went for $3800. KSE is far more popular that Archenemy and CA.

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
angelus.jpg

my new baby <3

And just where sir, did you find that?! DIBS!

Fluxx

Reaction score
And just where sir, did you find that?! DIBS!

I like how some guy comes along and posts the exact guitar you're looking for after you post on about 300 forums lookin for these things XD

I feel bad and find it hilarious at the same time.... guilty!

nub
Reaction score
I bet the PLM-3 sells for more than that. Chris Amott's Backup sig went for $3800. KSE is far more popular that Archenemy and CA.

well your probably right then, i didnt realize the ca sold for so much. Was it the metallic finished one or the white one? The metallic one i can see going for that much but the plain old white one for 3800 is a bit steep lol (since you can buy them from a dealer).

jahosy

Reaction score
haha ebay sir!! it's beautiful!! if you snag that adam D caparison we can talk ;)

Yup saw that listing :) Was seriously considering getting it... but sadly the Angelus is not my thing ... Just wished they'll have this finish in the TATs :p

Good catch! And enjoy!

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
:fawk:ohhhhh you bastard. I called on that so many times! Actually, I bought that guitar once before and a huge scandalous deal came out of it! COngrats bro! THat thing is stunning!

You STOLE it too. :fawk:

:cool:

Nice work mate!

DMAallday

Reaction score
:fawk:ohhhhh you bastard. I called on that so many times! Actually, I bought that guitar once before and a huge scandalous deal came out of it! COngrats bro! THat thing is stunning!

You STOLE it too. :fawk:

:cool:

Nice work mate!

hahaha ;) gotta get some new pickups then i'll be in business!!

wespaul

Octaves of Manhattan
Reaction score
Scored the Ola Frenning Horus from member 4000 today! (I fucking love Soilwork, and Caparison)

9QdSE.jpg

tIq9a.jpg

E9I96.jpg

Overtone

Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question:

Does anyone know what years (or even if) the Apple Horn was available with black body, clock inlays AND the TT system? I've only seen Mattias play on it in a handful of videos on youtube...

That wasn't ever a model Cap was offering. The TT frets are actually done by a company in Sweden IIRC. Caparison builds the guitar but leaves the fretboard unfretted, ships it over to Sweden where the frets are done, and then it gets shipped back to Caparison. I'm a bit hazy actually, but I think they can also refret an existing neck, and I believe IA has given them some of his guitars that were originally made with regular frets. Or perhaps he had new guitars/new necks made that are from those lines like HGS/Jazz. I've seen the jazz one for sure! So either they are refrets or custom one offs.

Look into the company... it might be possible for them to just refret the Applehorn you want, or alternatively you might be able to specify when ordering from Caparison that you want an HGS/Jazz made w/ TT, as long as they accept and you don't mind the wait.

http://www.truetemperament.com/site/index.php

nub
Reaction score
so the KSE guitars didnt go as high as I thought they would.

did anyone on here snag either one of them?

nub
Reaction score
same, but now that I think about it, its not that cool. Its just a blue one. He should have sold off one of his real customs, like that weird dellinger neck thru thing he had a few years ago before he switched to parkers

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
That wasn't ever a model Cap was offering. The TT frets are actually done by a company in Sweden IIRC. Caparison builds the guitar but leaves the fretboard unfretted, ships it over to Sweden where the frets are done, and then it gets shipped back to Caparison. I'm a bit hazy actually, but I think they can also refret an existing neck, and I believe IA has given them some of his guitars that were originally made with regular frets. Or perhaps he had new guitars/new necks made that are from those lines like HGS/Jazz. I've seen the jazz one for sure! So either they are refrets or custom one offs.

Look into the company... it might be possible for them to just refret the Applehorn you want, or alternatively you might be able to specify when ordering from Caparison that you want an HGS/Jazz made w/ TT, as long as they accept and you don't mind the wait.

True Temperament - Fretting systems

Pricey.

Overtone

Reaction score
Yeah! IIRC it's something like $1000 to get a neck from them or have them do the frets.

Latest posts

')