The Caparison Owner's Group! Let's see them!

• Thread starter engage757
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KarlMagnusRobin

Köttbullar är fint..
Reaction score
I actually am a bit satisfied.. I've played three of IA Eklundh's guitars on a clinic and
two of Henrik Danhage's Horuses a few years back when I was at Evergrey show!

..I need a Capa..

nub
Reaction score
i dont know anyone that has tried one and hasnt liked it.

tbh im suprised they arent more popular. but at the same time i kind of like that they arent...

engage757

Banned
Reaction score

tbh im suprised they arent more popular. but at the same time i kind of like that they arent...

Read, price tag, minimal production, limited options.

BUMP THIS UP! For one of the most special guitars ever coming through soon! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

LetsMosey

friendly ginger
Reaction score
Just placed an order today and should be adding my contribution to this thread within the next week or so! :)

MFB

Banned
Reaction score

I tried a Capa MA sig and was it nice? Yeah, it was very nice, but did it justify a $3200 price tag or whatever it cost when it was basically a Japanese made Jackson with a fancy headstock on it? Not in my book. I'd rather find an old Jackson Falcon and get the same features at a lower price point and have it be on par with it.

That's just me though

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I tried a Capa MA sig and was it nice? Yeah, it was very nice, but did it justify a $3200 price tag or whatever it cost when it was basically a Japanese made Jackson with a fancy headstock on it? Not in my book. I'd rather find an old Jackson Falcon and get the same features at a lower price point and have it be on par with it.

That's just me though

You're comparing new price vs used price?
<ERROR: DOES NOT COMPUTE>

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Used Caparisons still hold a good chunk of their value, especially with the higher stuff like the AppleHorns and the aforementioned (CORRECTED) CHRIS Amott signature, so it's still FAR more than I'd be comfortable paying for unlike the other guitar I compared it to.

engage757

Banned
Reaction score

That's just me though

BLASPHEMY!!!!:hungus::hungus::hungus::hungus:

RULE number 1! Thou shalt have no false Caparisons before thee!

:lol: HAHA!

KIDDING BRO.

Or am I? :evil:

narad

Reaction score
Used Caparisons still hold a good chunk of their value, especially with the higher stuff like the AppleHorns and the aforementioned (CORRECTED) CHRIS Amott signature, so it's still FAR more than I'd be comfortable paying for unlike the other guitar I compared it to.

Dellingers and TATs have terrible resale. The Amott sig is mostly just a Dellinger with Dimarzios (or SDs, depending on the era). The sigs just command a bit of rarity/fan-based upcharge, but I've seen Applehorns down in the $1500s just as well.

nub
Reaction score
the only ones that hold value are rare sigs and artists customs

LetsMosey

friendly ginger
Reaction score
I believe any Capa could hold more of a value if people held out for the right buyer. Remember, the used value of a guitar depends on the buyer and their perceived value of the guitar; so I wonder how much of the "low resale value" of the Capa's is essentially a self-fulfilled prophesy. Pardon my ignorance, but I think people will pay whatever they think the guitar is worth AND how much they want it and are willing to pay for it. I know it also doesn't help that not a lot of people in the guitar market really know about Caparison, so there's really just a small group of us that really want and seek out a Capa. But if you hold out and wait and sell at a higher reasonable price, you can help change the perception that resale is low value.

I get why Carvins have a low resale value -- because essentially you can buy a brand new guitar for just a bit more with your own specs that you want. But I don't see why resale SHOULD be low for a Caparison, considering they are one of the "elite" premiere guitar manufacturers, and is such a high-quality Japanese-made instrument.

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
I believe any Capa could hold more of a value if people held out for the right buyer. Remember, the used value of a guitar depends on the buyer and their perceived value of the guitar; so I wonder how much of the "low resale value" of the Capa's is essentially a self-fulfilled prophesy. Pardon my ignorance, but I think people will pay whatever they think the guitar is worth AND how much they want it and are willing to pay for it. I know it also doesn't help that not a lot of people in the guitar market really know about Caparison, so there's really just a small group of us that really want and seek out a Capa. But if you hold out and wait and sell at a higher reasonable price, you can help change the perception that resale is low value.

I get why Carvins have a low resale value -- because essentially you can buy a brand new guitar for just a bit more with your own specs that you want. But I don't see why resale SHOULD be low for a Caparison, considering they are one of the "elite" premiere guitar manufacturers, and is such a high-quality Japanese-made instrument.

I have, and I do. Never given one of my Caparisons away. They hold their value just fine. Just because 20 douchebags on eBay want to offer stupid money, doesn't mean that I can't laugh at them, and move on.

narad

Reaction score
I believe any Capa could hold more of a value if people held out for the right buyer.

If you have something rare you can do that. If you don't have something rare, you can just buy up all the Angelus HGSs until they become rare ::cough:: ::cough:: ;)

It would simply never work with TATs and Dellingers though. Simply too many out there. And too many old models from when the yen was weaker and the new price much lower (not to say the price hikes are currency-oriented, mostly they just arbitrarily raised the prices).

Even some rare things, like TAT specials, don't respond well to hiking the price. Trypios has been trying to sell that that midi-equipped black TAT special on here for like a year. Maybe it'll move at that price (which isn't unreasonable compared to the new price) but most people who put a guitar up for sale have a more pressing timetable.

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone own one of the fixed bridge Dellinger FX models? I own a CL10 Horus that I'm thinking about parting with (blasphemy I know :evil:) and I'd be interested in in the fixed bridge model if good things were said.

Latest posts

')