The Caparison Owner's Group! Let's see them!

• Thread starter engage757
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wildebeest

Reaction score
Yes, that’s correct. You push it down and it kind of springs up a little and activates the neck pickup. You push it again and it clicks back down and activates the bridge.
God damn is that pot finicky for me.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
They're definitely not the guitars to get if you're looking for great value for your money or absolute consistency :lol:
But they can be pretty neat with unique specs. Short scale shredder with 27 frets? Sign me up!
I've always looked at them in a similar way to Jackson custom stuff. So, yeah, they can be inconsistent but they're usually pretty solid. I feel like there is some connection between the brands related to their old MIJ production lines, but I'm drawing a blank.

My only Caparison experience was playing a TAT as the first neck through I'd gotten my hands on. This was in the early 00s. Very unique feel. Would love to have one now, but those prices!

mbardu

Reaction score
I've always looked at them in a similar way to Jackson custom stuff. So, yeah, they can be inconsistent but they're usually pretty solid. I feel like there is some connection between the brands related to their old MIJ production lines, but I'm drawing a blank.

My only Caparison experience was playing a TAT as the first neck through I'd gotten my hands on. This was in the early 00s. Very unique feel. Would love to have one now, but those prices!

Yes, some people who were building the good old Jackson Japan of the time went on to become Caparison and something like the Fusion was evolved to become the Horus.

Samark

Inactive. It’s been a pleasure.
Reaction score

Yes, some people who were building the good old Jackson Japan of the time went on to become Caparison and something like the Fusion was evolved to become the Horus.

us8ifTTSf1s.jpg

Grover_jackson_dinky_axe_custom.png

Dellinger-Prominence-2019-TSR.jpg

Jackson Falcon*
Indeed!

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Itaru Kanno and some of the other designers from Jackson/Charvel Japan started up Caparison when Jackson's checks stopped cashing, this was in the mid/late 90's when Jackson was pretty much broke.

jaxadam

Reaction score
Various loose connections over the years. When I bought it, the pot was actually broken from the previous owner. I should get around to replacing it.

That’s a bummer man. Mine is still rock solid and works flawlessly, but I don’t really bang in my guitars too much.

Wildebeest

Reaction score
That’s a bummer man. Mine is still rock solid and works flawlessly, but I don’t really bang in my guitars too much.
I think that's the key. I am a megeklutz. The tip of my Devil Horn has been chipped and missing for years. o_O It's still my #1 or #2 guitar, depending on my mood.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
us8ifTTSf1s.jpg

Jackson Falcon*
Indeed!
I need to put mine back together again sometime, I took it apart to rewire it but never got around to it so it's been in 2 pieces for like a year or two now lol.

Latest posts

')