The Caparison Owner's Group! Let's see them!

• Thread starter engage757
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightlight

Reaction score
Cool thread, didn't see it before. Some great collections, I've owned two Caparisons till date.

The first I acquired was this Horus. Just a plain black finish, but probably my #1 guitar, or at least #2. A hell of a lot of fun.

5-A6-A8915-20-A7-4-C1-F-A690-F0-A2-D50-AC591.jpg

The second I acquired was this Dellinger II in a snow storm finish.

AA1-E2-A52-E47-D-4036-AD1-D-AD4-BBF9496-F4.jpg

Sadly, I had to sell it when my guitar collecting habit became to distract from my play time because I was constantly looking on Reverb and Ebay for new axes instead of focusing on playing.

That's when I also took the slightly strange decision that I would only have one guitar from any manufacturer, in the hope that this would curb my lust for every cool looking guitar I saw.

This is a family pic from when I had both Caparisons. Wish I had the Dellinger, but I figure it was the right call.

3-D433537-DF03-4-AE2-9484-221-F77934-FDA.jpg

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
How does it sound with the Black Winter?

I like the pickup a lot but in that guitar in C it's a bit bass heavy. Really fun, but a bit loose, and my gut says it'd be a great fit for D tuning or so. I'm more of a death metal guy than black metal guy though, so maybe I'm fighting against the EQ a little, but it's got a great grind for what I like.

jco5055

Reaction score
Is there any definitive ranking/tier of years when Caparison was good/not so good? I know they apparently weren't the best right before they went out of business for a bit before starting up with Gabriel as the new owner.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Is there any definitive ranking/tier of years when Caparison was good/not so good? I know they apparently weren't the best right before they went out of business for a bit before starting up with Gabriel as the new owner.

I don't really believe that. It sounds like the kind of "forum wisdom" that's based on a couple know-it-all guys' opinions or from Reverb for sale ads.

jco5055

Reaction score
different question: how does the Orbit compare to the TAT? In my mind with the standard superstrat shapes I think the TAT is the best (because it is neck-through and 25.5 scale), and it seems like you could argue that the Orbit is basically a TAT in a V shape. Is that accurate? I guess I'm getting fooled by looking at the price of each model and I'm like "oh a TAT is still $500+ more than an Orbit".

jahosy

Reaction score
different question: how does the Orbit compare to the TAT? In my mind with the standard superstrat shapes I think the TAT is the best (because it is neck-through and 25.5 scale), and it seems like you could argue that the Orbit is basically a TAT in a V shape. Is that accurate? I guess I'm getting fooled by looking at the price of each model and I'm like "oh a TAT is still $500+ more than an Orbit".

I'm assuming you're referring to the TAT special? Orbits have the same neck design (5 piece maple + walnut) & heel profile as the TAT special, also 27 frets when it was first released. Not sure about the current design think they're now in HH config?

jco5055

Reaction score
I'm assuming you're referring to the TAT special? Orbits have the same neck design (5 piece maple + walnut) & heel profile as the TAT special, also 27 frets when it was first released. Not sure about the current design think they're now in HH config?

The Orbit is also a SH config, I think the difference there is it doesn't have the rotary knob...Honestly I think it's the fact it doesn't have the flame maple top that makes it less expensive, also not sure if the body curves/hugs you the way a TAT Special does.

Flappydoodle

Reaction score

I've played a TAT with TOM bridge, and the Orbit. Yes, the Orbit is essentially a TAT in V shape.

Different hum bucker config obviously

jco5055

Reaction score
I've played a TAT with TOM bridge, and the Orbit. Yes, the Orbit is essentially a TAT in V shape.

Different hum bucker config obviously

maybe you can't remember/didn't play with straps, but any idea if the Orbit had neck dive?

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
I've got the Orbiz CZQ and that guitar is a freaking beast. It's BIG. Love the guitar, only thing I'd change is I wish the neck was unfinished rather than glossy white.

jco5055

Reaction score
I've got the Orbiz CZQ and that guitar is a freaking beast. It's BIG. Love the guitar, only thing I'd change is I wish the neck was unfinished rather than glossy white.

yeah I'm also not a fan of Gloss necks, I also can't tell how that compares to a standard Orbit in terms of size.

')