The Car Thread

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • Tags
    black dingus
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BigBaldIan

Bald and gribbly.
Reaction score
^

What I find really funny is that in order to take said picture (which I'm assuming is from the driver's position in a LHD vehicle) the soccer mom was probably more of a liability than you were.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
^

What I find really funny is that in order to take said picture (which I'm assuming is from the driver's position in a LHD vehicle) the soccer mom was probably more of a liability than you were.

Seems to be stopped at a red light.

Apparently the BMW dealership in CA that I got my 330 from keeps sending my parents emails that we should bring it in because they get lots of people asking about them :lol:

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Sorry, but this cuts me up everytime I see someone say something like this. The Monaro is not the cousin of the Pontiac GTO, the Monaro is a Holden design built in Australia first and then sold off to the states with left hand drive different bumpers and badged as a Pontiac GTO.... Dunno if you knew that already or if I had just interperated what you had said incorrectly :)

With an American engine. ;)

Regardless, if I recall correctly, they don't drive the same. The GTO had a different ride height, spring compression and rebound rates. Different shocks too. The Monaro is the better handling car, even if that just means holding a drift better haha. The GTO is the quicker straight line car. I remember watching one of Jeremy Clarkson's DVD's when he drove one of the LS2 Monaros; he already complimented the hell out of them on Top Gear, but even more on his own deal. Said they had the best seats ever, and since they're the same in the GTO, which I've driven plenty of times, I'd have to agree.

But what stood out was when he said what the Monaros 0-60 MPH time was, it was like half a second slower than the equivalent GTO. But then again, I don't think a GTO would be as easy to control in a high speed powerslide.

Either way, I still want to own an '06 GTO. I adore them. They don't stick out too much, just a little flair with the nostrils on the hood, they squat like a drag car and yes... as JC said, their seats are just about perfect. The ones in my Charger are similar, but aren't quite as tight; a little better for road trips, but not as great in a corner.

Forrest_H

How can she slap?
Reaction score
^

It is. I thought the same thing too :lol: we were at a red light, but I'm assuming she posted it on facebook while she was driving. She drives a big grey lexus, and I see her texting or on the phone all the time, even in the "No-Phone" school zone :scratch:

Forrest_H

How can she slap?
Reaction score
Sorry, but this cuts me up everytime I see someone say something like this. The Monaro is not the cousin of the Pontiac GTO, the Monaro is a Holden design built in Australia first and then sold off to the states with left hand drive different bumpers and badged as a Pontiac GTO.... Dunno if you knew that already or if I had just interperated what you had said incorrectly :)

Oh no, I knew it. That's why it's a good car to me :lol: Not talking down on GM at all, but the only American designed car built by them that didn't feel like it was built in 10 minutes by a 15 year old was the C5. My grandmother's Malibu SS feels like the piece of plastic it is, especially on the highway.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
^He made the point that I hope lots of the more known reviewers make; respect it, and you'll be able to hit the apex no problem.

What a ....ing machine. I can't wait to see this engine in the Charger. Chargers tend to have better weight distribution than the Challengers, so that should be even easier to control.

atrfan1

Reaction score
Got my second car yesterday. 1997 Eclipse GS-T. Not my ideal car, but for what I paid not much can beat it :)

Attachments

• eclipse.jpg
    eclipse.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 19

Yousef

Reaction score
I'm a car lover. I drive a 2013 Subarzu BRZ with a 6-speed manual.

Aequ860.jpg

I'm thinking of selling it and getting a VW Golf GTI for more space, comfort, practicality and faster speed, but it's not going to handle as good as this BRZ that's for sure.

Forrest_H

How can she slap?
Reaction score

I'm thinking of selling it and getting a VW Golf GTI for more space, comfort, practicality and faster speed, but it's not going to handle as good as this BRZ that's for sure.

Awww man, those have ridiculous modding potential! I made friends with a sushi chef who bumped his BRZ up to 400hp at the wheels.

Keep it, pleeeeeaaaaaseeeee. I love those little guys.

troyguitar

Reaction score

As a former owner of a modded GTI - don't bother.

Take the extra money you would have spent on the switch and buy a small turbo kit for the BRZ. All that car needs is better tires and a small turbo to be totally awesome.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Well now.... I'm sure this isn't difficult to drive haha.

tumblr_n9qwvqHcuN1rqlbdzo1_500.jpg

BigBaldIan

Bald and gribbly.
Reaction score
^

3 settings:

1) Sideways.
2) Very sideways.
3) Entering Valhalla backwards in a blazing V10 powered fireball, then declaring to Odin you battled the laws of physics in a manner worthy of the sagas.

BigBaldIan

Bald and gribbly.
Reaction score
This is my new VW Polo GTi. Absolutely stoked on this, lots of fun.
r06vqa.jpg

Love for the 1.4 twincharged lump here, I had the misfortune of getting an early unit in my second gen Fabia vRS. That thing drank oil like a dipsomaniac, seemingly post 2012 they got the issue sorted.

ddtonfire

Reaction score
From my autocross runs this past weekend:

^It was especially fun in the wet since we all slid around a lot!

ddtonfire

Reaction score
Yup, it used to be in AS but they've since moved it. I've never really had competition in my class yet.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Just looking through photos from last December and realized a few things...

1. I miss the fvck out of Colorado.
2. I need to buy a camera as good as my friend's who took a bunch of photos of my car there.
3. I really want to buy an SRT hood, paint it Sub Lime, have a vinyl wrapper redo all of my decals and make an interesting cut for the hood decal. Plus, then I'd get the correct intake for the hood to channel air into.
4. Cars are more photogenic than most people, a lot of the time :lol:

image.jpg

EDIT: Here's a guy who put an SRT hood on his. He used the Super Bee style hood decal, I'd want mine to look like the stock one for the most part, just cut to fit the scoop nicely.

image.jpg

Latest posts

')