The Car Thread

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • Tags
    black dingus
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Also, I got to drive a Tesla Model S yesterday afternoon.

Verdict? I want one. I thought I would hate the no sound, no gears thing... but I didn't. I fvcking loved it; what an incredible machine!

I'm ready for the day that electric cars recharge themselves through perpetual motion; then the billionaire oil guys will have to find something new, leaving (hopefully) cheap and abundant gasoline for the car enthusiasts and those who can't afford an electric car yet.

Or, ya know, make synthetic gasoline that works in the cars of today and yesterday. I mean seriously, para/quadriplegics are moving robotic limbs with their minds and we can't make synthetic petroleum? I don't buy it.

shadscbr

Reaction score
UPS just delivered a fresh set of Blizzak WS-80's from tirerack for my wife's hybrid. I just got new all seasons on my S60....i'm excited to see how fwd w Blizzaks compares to all seasons w awd. They were sold out of the cheap steel wheels, these were closest to factory, let it snow!! :)

Shad

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
Going to look at a BRZ this morning... The best part is I can now afford it... So i might just have to buy it!

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
Going to look at a BRZ this morning... The best part is I can now afford it... So i might just have to buy it!

I want to play around in a BRZ. Saw one the other day while I was in the SHO. Had no clue what it was, and tried my damnedest to get their attention so I could see what it'd do, but they probably thought I was driving some 4banger family car. :shrug:

EDIT:
I've got a kid that'll need a car in 3 or 4 years...maybe a slightly used BRZ would be fun for her...and maybe fun for me after a turbo or something...

*goes to research BRZs...:lol:

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
I want to play around in a BRZ. Saw one the other day while I was in the SHO. Had no clue what it was, and tried my damnedest to get their attention so I could see what it'd do, but they probably thought I was driving some 4banger family car. :shrug:

EDIT:
I've got a kid that'll need a car in 3 or 4 years...maybe a slightly used BRZ would be fun for her...and maybe fun for me after a turbo or something...

*goes to research BRZs...:lol:

So I get there and actually skipped over the brz for the new impreza... But when they appraised my car they were 1k short and wouldn't negotiate....no new car day.... Today ;)

troyguitar

Reaction score
I decided yesterday that I really like the Challenger, it just looks fantastic.

A used 2009-2014 manual r/t Challenger is my current favorite for a daily driver upgrade in a year or two - preferably in plum crazy purple.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I decided yesterday that I really like the Challenger, it just looks fantastic.

A used 2009-2014 manual r/t Challenger is my current favorite for a daily driver upgrade in a year or two - preferably in plum crazy purple.

The 5.7 is a great engine. I'd gladly buy a car with one for a 3rd straight time. But... my daily upgrade has to be a Challenger 392 Scat Pack Shaker with a manual.

Here's what you need... 2014.
g1fdrxu4e5tpa3715jdp.jpg

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Just playing around with a new editor app I downloaded called Snapseed. I usually don't edit the photos very much, if at all; but every now and then I get carried away and end up with something I think looks pretty rad.

image.jpg

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
si.jpg

I'm just going to leave this here as a tease. NCD incoming this afternoon when I can take pics. :mf666:

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
This thread just needs more car photos, period. I have yet to find a place where my car is more photogenic than it was in Rocky Mountain National Park. It just worked.

image.jpg

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I wanted to test drive a 4-door Si when I was car shopping in 09 and got my 330... was all ready to go and everything, but the one on the floor we were going to drive out had no shifter knob, so the rep said he was going to go get one.

Forty-five minutes later we left.

There was a good chance we were going to buy one, too.

troyguitar

Reaction score
The 5.7 is a great engine. I'd gladly buy a car with one for a 3rd straight time. But... my daily upgrade has to be a Challenger 392 Scat Pack Shaker with a manual.

Here's what you need... 2014.

I'm a cheapass so I'd be looking for a 2010 r/t manual at the lowest price possible, not a 2014 :lol:

This thread just needs more car photos, period. I have yet to find a place where my car is more photogenic than it was in Rocky Mountain National Park. It just worked.

I put winter performance tires on mine (Michelin PA4), they have a lot of grip in freezing temperatures. It's pretty impressive. I haven't actually taken it out in snow though and probably won't, just to stay away from the salt and the other idiotic drivers :lol:

20141219_152453.jpg

20141219_152443.jpg

In the actual snow I've been sticking to this guy, although it has only really snowed twice so far this winter.

20141210_213350.jpg

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
^I love that purple. It fits so well.

My one goal for 2015 is to get a new car. The New Year's resolutions would be everything it will take to justify a new daily. :lol:

All I know, is that I want it to be an SRT of some sort. Or a 392 Scat Pack, since it's powered by an SRT engine. But yes, gotta be an SRT... whether it's a 2015 Chally or an '06 Magnum SRT-8.

Speaking of the SRT Magnums, man are those things getting cheap. There's a silver one for sale about 30 miles from me with 32k miles for $18k. 18 grand for a 425bhp wagon. Yes please.

troyguitar

Reaction score
I kind of want to get a magnum and do a manual swap, that would be epic.

I'm all over the place though, I want a lot of things :lol:

Things I've thought about lately:
challenger r/t manual
magnum w/ manual swap
80's camaro iroc-z w/ LSx+t56 swap
2010-2015 camaro ss manual
boss 302
2004-2007 cts-v
GTO manual
G8 GXP manual
2010-2014 acura TL SH-AWD manual (an actual reliable simple car)
1991-1993 mitsubishi 3000gt vr4 awd fauxrari
2001-2004 audi allroad 2.7T manual (did you know these can tow 5000 lbs?)

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
A Magnum SRT-8 with a manual swap would be beyond epic.

I need one in my life.

troyguitar

Reaction score
I also want a 2002 Audi S6 w/ the 4.2 V8 and a manual swap, they actually are relatively common and available for around $12k.

It's tough to narrow down exactly what to buy. I kind of want something that can tow my Z06 on a trailer, which means 4000-4500 lbs towing capacity, but most sedans/wagons in 'murica are legally not rated to tow despite being totally capable of doing it and rated to tow a lot in the rest of the world. The Audi allroad 2.7T, for example, is rated to tow 5000 lbs in the rest of the world but only like 3000 lbs in the USA.

Is gravity stronger in 'murica? :lol:

Latest posts

')