The Car Thread

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • Tags
    black dingus
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
ohc=ZsoFHTuitI8Q7kNvgE3iU3g&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score
He passed away last year but I remember being a kid in my dad’s garage. He had this huge wooden step with reinforced metal corners that he made for me to stand on so I could see what was on his workbench.

The concrete had a crack just like that photo :D and there was always half an engine on that workbench.

vark

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Regardless of the shade on subarus, someone in my neighborhood has a boyfriend who pulls up in a BRZ fairly often, and I'm wanting one bad now that I sold my MR2. Thinking next spring.
I love everything about the brz except for how painfully slow it is in stock format. Also a bit too small imo

Asdrael

Green and Blue stuff.
Reaction score
I am not a car guy, but I have to say that I like being able to reach places I couldn't without one.

My Seat Leon saloon in the mountains in Austria. A very practical choice that can also withstand the wilderness that is the German Autobahn, and the sound system is decent so I am happy.

Screenshot_20240727-200523-618.png

Metropolis

Reaction score
I reflashed my MK7 GTI's ECU and TCU with Simostools open source Android software and SL1 bluetooth dongle. Should have now like +300hp & 500nm. Moves quite well and weighs around 1400kg's. ECU has speed limiter removed, static rev limiter off. TCU now has the stupid kick down in manual mode off, so it's "true manual" now, and the torque limiter is off with raised clutch pressure. You can do start and stop off in the starting which I will take as option after tuner has inspected my TCU logging file. This is how it should be straight from the factory.

Also did resonator delete a week ago just for the DSG farts, and looking for another rear silencer because stock one is pretty meh. Clubsport S back box sounds pretty good but price is on the expensive side...

Software I used is from Russell Road & Racing and they're based in Norwich, England. They have good instructions how to do flashing and logging with Simostools and I also got further advice when he sent me the products.

Highly recommend this method if you have Volkswagen group vehicle with EA888 engine.

LordCashew

Death Punch for Cutie
Reaction score
Not sure if this belongs here or FWP thread.

I wanted to use KTuner to disable VCM at the PCM in my new Honda Odyssey, but it's like the only Honda vehicle they don't support. Now I have to decide if I want to basically use a resistor inline with one of the ECT sensors to fake the PCM and risk running a little rich... probably not.

I guess not enough people are tuning minivans. :lol:

Latest posts

')