The Carvin 7XX Club!

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score
thanks! it's a dc727, i'm amazed at how well it came out visually and sound-wise. I might change the bridge pickup at some point, but it's certainly not bad. The walnut and koa add an interesting flavor to the sound, almost "twangy", yet full-bodied...individual notes have a very distinguishable attack and dense chords sound very open w/ crisp clarity, you can really get a taste of the full range of notes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Maggai

Slayer of the gods
Reaction score
Does it re-direct you when you go to www.carvinguitars.com ?

Yes.

You need a proxy server to Get US prices, the carvin website won't show you any prices here in Norway anymore because they don't have a distributor here, and I've heard they're not making it easy for anyone to become one either.. If you use Firefox i can recommend the addon foxyproxy, works great!

Edit: feel free to contact me on PM about this, I know a thing or two about ordering a carvin from Norway:)

That explains it!! Thank you! I'll try the proxy thing, and if the price is right, I'll send you a PM! I'm thinking Ran or Carvin.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
^ How's that relevant to the Carvin DC7x7 thread?

Antenna

Oh God Damnit!
Reaction score
My Korina/Koa DC727. Best Guitar EVER!!!!
IMG_8876.jpg

IMG_8889-1-1.jpg

IMG_8886-1.jpg

NGD Thread here:
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/se...7-koa-black-korina-content-56k-holy-fuck.html

NickS

New solution, problem changed
Reaction score
Your Cart:
Base ModelOptionsQuantityPrice DC727 Right Handed 1$849.00

SS - String Saver Saddles for Fixed Bridge$20.00
WT - Walnut Top$100.00
WAL - Maple Neck & Walnut Body$50.00
CG - Clear Gloss Finish (Standard)$0.00
TE - Greenburst$30.00
5MW - 5-Piece Maple Neck w/ 2 Walnut Stripes$100.00
NS - Neck Covered By Optional Top Wood$40.00
CSN - Clear Satin Finish Back Of Neck (Natural Wood)$60.00
7PHR - 7-String Pointed Headstock Reverse 3+4$30.00
WPH - Walnut Headstock Matches Body Color$30.00
EB - Ebony Fingerboard (Standard)$0.00
AB - Abalone Block Inlays$80.00
STF - Stainless Med-Jumbo Frets .048" H .103" W$40.00
R14 - 14in Fretboard Radius (Standard)$0.00
C26B - C26 Bridge Pickup$0.00-C26N - C26 Neck Pickup$0.00
400 - Black Coils w/ Black Bezels (Standard)$0.00
BC - Black Hardware$30.00
ABL - Abalone Logo$30.00
IVN - Ivory Graph Tech TUSQ Nut$5.00
Vintage Tweed Hardshell Case$89.00
Custom Shop Total: $1,595.00
Options Discount: $-100.00

I do already have two Carvin 6 strings (CT6 & CS6). They are both mahogany body, maple/mahogany neck, and maple top, and I love them. Thought I would try something different this time with the walnut. Can't wait for it to get here in 7 to 10 weeks!

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score

This thing is sick! Only problem if it was mine is that I don't think it'll get much playtime as I will just keep staring at it all the time LOL.

@WiseSplinter:
Did you pay extra to guarantee this high figuring in the spalt? The spalted tops I have seen from Carvin have been hit and miss IMHO.

WiseSplinter

Reaction score
Did you pay extra to guarantee this high figuring in the spalt? The spalted tops I have seen from Carvin have been hit and miss IMHO.

Nope, no extra fees, guess i just got lucky :lol: I have seen some others that aren't as highly figured (at least not that could be seen in the pics), so i'm not sure how they choose them :shrug: Very happy with mine though

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
So no winning the lottery for you, I can tell you that you consumed all your good luck on this top :D

Congrats on this amazing guitar, enjoy it.

space frog

Reaction score
Prolly planning on getting a DC800 this summer since I love my 727 so much, any of you guys have one and got some feedback for me about it?

iro-bot31

Reaction score
That is gorgeous! There's a guitar in Carvin's in-stock section that looks almost exactly like this, I probably would have bought it if I hadn't just put in an order.

Speaking of, I got my card a couple days, my 700 should be here July 19 according to that. So excited for my first Carvin and my first seven string!

clopstyle

Reaction score
That is gorgeous! There's a guitar in Carvin's in-stock section that looks almost exactly like this, I probably would have bought it if I hadn't just put in an order.

Speaking of, I got my card a couple days, my 700 should be here July 19 according to that. So excited for my first Carvin and my first seven string!

congrats man!

I had to do a double take when I saw that GIS, I thought it was mine for a sec. :squint:

')