The Carvin 7XX Club!

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
can someone tell me if you can get a DC700 with passive pups?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NickS

New solution, problem changed
Reaction score
Yes, you can. I was just looking at the builder earlier today for that guitar, cuz I like to torture myself. My wife is lucky I have at least a little self restraint, otherwise I would have 100 Carvins instead of the six I already have:nuts:

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
hahah. I do the same thing. I've got one high end guitar, and it's a six. My girlfriend has offered to buy the guitar for me (money isn't exactly a problem for her), I feel like I want to work for it. but DAMN is it tempting.

potatohead

Reaction score
hahah. I do the same thing. I've got one high end guitar, and it's a six. My girlfriend has offered to buy the guitar for me (money isn't exactly a problem for her), I feel like I want to work for it. but DAMN is it tempting.

Just tell her if she buys you the guitar, you'll pay her back with a surplus of pen0r

chrisxrome

Reaction score
This thread is erotic, straight up.

I want a Carvin so badly but to buy in the UK is just horrific prices I think my wallet would hike to the mountains before it let me brought one, makes me cry inside.

Very envious of you guys here!

Discoqueen

Dang tootin
Reaction score

I would be all over that offer shamelessly. :lol:

space frog

Reaction score
Mine isnt rounded and I didnt get to play a rounded one, but I reckon it's more of an aesthetic thing since the regular bodies are not "sharp" edged or anything, they are very comfy and the edges are a bit carved.

I personally think that the rounded edges would be too much, but to each their own :)

Bigfan

sixstringer
Reaction score
Personally, I can't stand 7XX's without rounded body edges. I really want to get my LB76F refinished and modded that way at some point.

NickS

New solution, problem changed
Reaction score
I don't really like the look of the rounded body sides. I had that on my DC127 from about twelve years ago, and I regretted getting them instead of straight edges. My 727 and 800 look much better with straight edges, in my opinion.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
To me, 7-string Carvins are all about the rounded edges, but that's just because that's the image of them that I've built in my mind. I own a DC727 with rounded edges (can be seen on the *second post of the first page of this thread), and I freaking love how they look/feel. It makes the guitar appear thinner than it actually is, which is a plus for me (I really like thin-bodied guitars).

Of course, it's not like the normal edges look terrible to me anyways. I've seen many 700's, 800's, and even 600's, that I really like.

*EDIT: I apologize. That's the fourth post where my guitar is. "Second one with pictures" is probably what I meant at the moment I wrote that.

Exit Existence

Reaction score
HELP I CANT DECIDE BETWEEN QUILT TOP OR A FLAME TOP!!!! OHH LLAWWDY!!!
What do you think I should choose for this build? Besides that Im ready to put in my first order!!!!

DC700 w/passive pups
Deep Sunset Burst or DTS Umberstain Sunsetburst
Quilt or flame maple top??
Gloss with Nat Body Binding
Ebony Fingerboard/SS Jumbo Frets/ No Inlays
Maple neck/Mahog body
Chrome Hardware w/ pearloid sperzel buttons

Hoping I get this shade

ebay-04ct6mumberburst.jpg

nicktao

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm hoping to order my first carvin 7 in the next few days, I'm still trying to figure out which finish to get. I have two options, a sparkle finish that's been driving me nuts, ever since I saw Bulb's custom Jackson 7 I've been gassing for a finish like that.

Or option two a natural flame maple again much like Bulb's BRJ 7. I can't figure out how to get this exact finish satin? Tung oil? I know it's not gloss though, is there much of a difference between them?

Which would be easier/ cheaper to get a hold of? Is a custom finish even offered by carvin? This will be a Carvin 727/700, I've heard of the option 50 but the no return is somewhat dissuading.

Thanks!

bcfox

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm hoping to order my first carvin 7 in the next few days, I'm still trying to figure out which finish to get.

The flame will likely be easier, but there's no harm in asking about the sparkle finish. Option 50's are much likelier if you are ready to order when you call. That said, it could be a crap-shoot as to if they can match the sparkle. I'm not sure what Bulb's was for sure, but I'm pretty sure it's oil. Satin finishes tend to have what looks like the slightest skin on top of them whereas oil will more or less look like naked wood.

bcfox

Reaction score
So I'm super late on this post. I got my DC747 back in April, and I'm still in love with it. There is massive variance in the finish depending on lighting and angles, as you can kind of see in the pics. I've still not gotten around to getting outdoor pics as it seems I never really have time. This pretty well covers the specs:

- Ash body (superstition on my part)
- Vintage Yellow Metallic, gloss body, satin neck
- Maple neck
- 20" Radius ebony board, no inlays
- Black hardware with straplocks and FT7 bridge

Untitled.jpg

IMG_3110.jpg

IMG_3109.jpg

Latest posts

')