The Carvin 7XX Club!

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
The Carvin 7 neck profile is actually really nice. It's not thin, but it's also not super fat. I wouldn't be able to classify it into a shape (mainly because I just don't really get the differences), but it's very comfortable, even coming from an Ibanez.

As for the rest of the specs... I think any specs you get will be able to handle a variety of genres, really. The ones you listed are about as neutral as anything else, so I doubt you'll go wrong with them.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Snarpaasi

Reaction score
This is funny how people describe the carvin necks. Me too among many others have said "not thin but not fat either, very comfortable".

EcoliUVA

Not Gifted
Reaction score
Does anyone have direct experience with the D26 pickups on the DC700? I can't seem to find anyone that has actually done a pickup swap on these (here, google, anywhere).

So, has anyone successfully changed these out for BKPs or Dimarzios (or Duncans?) without having to cut anything?

Damn close to ordering a Carvin. I emailed them for confirmation on these but haven't heard back yet, might have to call unless someone here confirms.

While I'm at it, any idea if they'll do a 12th-fret-only inlay?

fabriarockz

Lefty! What the Fur?
Reaction score
Does anyone have direct experience with the D26s pickups on the DC700? I can't seem to find anyone that has actually done a pickup swap on these (here, google, anywhere).

So, has anyone successfully changed these out for BKPs or Dimarzios (or Duncans?) without having to cut anything?

Damn close to ordering a Carvin. I emailed them for confirmation on these but haven't heard back yet, might have to call unless someone here confirms.

While I'm at it, any idea if they'll do a 12th-fret-only inlay?

Yeah, I'd like to know about DC700's D26 too, I'm not 100% sure they're the same as the CT7 ones, in which they claim complete retrofit issue-free with DiMarzio and BKP.
I still have to see a Carvin with a custom inlay work on it around, I'd like to know more about it too, maybe it would be just a simple option 50 request.

I'd suggest you to contact Manny at their FB page, he'd be more than willing to help you out and direct your issues to the proper department.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Sorry, are folks saying putting lemon oil on the back of the neck, if it has a tung oil finish, is a good idea? I have (had) the tung oil finish on mine but haven't applied anything to the back of the neck ever. It's still perfect, but it'd be good to get a bit more detail on this.

baptizedinblood

Z̶̭̠̻̳̲͗̎̾͒͛̃̒ͭ̚͢
Reaction score
Sorry, are folks saying putting lemon oil on the back of the neck, if it has a tung oil finish, is a good idea? I have (had) the tung oil finish on mine but haven't applied anything to the back of the neck ever. It's still perfect, but it'd be good to get a bit more detail on this.

It's a good idea to apply some lemon oil to any tung-oiled part of the guitar at least a couple of times a year.

http://www.carvinguitars.com/manuals/Guitar_Care.pdf

For Carvin guitars with the natural tung oil finish, apply a good furniture oil such as “Old English” lemon oil and wipe off the excess. This should be done at least twice a year.

The ebony fingerboard should also be oiled with lemon oil twice a year. Do this while the strings are off the guitar. The oil will prevent the fingerboard from receiving or loosing excess moisture, which may cause the wood to crack.

venrar

Reaction score
The Carvin 7 neck profile is actually really nice. It's not thin, but it's also not super fat. I wouldn't be able to classify it into a shape (mainly because I just don't really get the differences), but it's very comfortable, even coming from an Ibanez.

As for the rest of the specs... I think any specs you get will be able to handle a variety of genres, really. The ones you listed are about as neutral as anything else, so I doubt you'll go wrong with them.

Thanks for the response, after a bit of thinking I placed my order and am now eagerly awaiting my new guitar.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
^ Ah, awesome! I tell you, though, the wait is horrible :lol:. It's really exciting at the same time. Do post a picture of it here once you get it, and let us know how you like it!

potatohead

Reaction score
The D26's will direct swap with any standard sized UNCOVERED passive humbucker. They are still too small for covered BKP's.

BeeG

Reaction score
The D26's will direct swap with any standard sized UNCOVERED passive humbucker. They are still too small for covered BKP's.

I ordered over the phone yesterday and got the A70s. He told me they were industry size and I wouldn't have a problem swapping for some BKPs. Dunno about the D26s though.

potatohead

Reaction score
I ordered over the phone yesterday and got the A70s. He told me they were industry size and I wouldn't have a problem swapping for some BKPs. Dunno about the D26s though.

He's also a salesman. The A70's are an active pickup and you can swap anything you want in there, but if you change to a passive there will be a huge route around the outside of the pickup. You can however get special pickup rings, or BKP has also just started building their pickups in the active/soapbar housing.

BeeG

Reaction score
He's also a salesman. The A70's are an active pickup and you can swap anything you want in there, but if you change to a passive there will be a huge route around the outside of the pickup. You can however get special pickup rings, or BKP has also just started building their pickups in the active/soapbar housing.

Ok, thanks for the info

-42-

Nothing to see here
Reaction score
Reposting this. I'm now a club member.

529568_565567326810104_922065853_n.jpg

Sine

Reaction score
Hi to all! First post, first time 7 strings user. Going to be fun, I hope!

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
^ Fuck, not you... I've drooled enough over that one :(

^^ Come on, you tease, show us more! :D It looks great with that color! And also welcome to SSO! :)

Vinchester

Reaction score
My first 7 :shred: DC700!

I love my choice of satin black top and natural clear back/sides and birdseye fingerboard-headstock :scream:
I ordered mine on February and the D26s is there, as you can see only one screw on each side of hte pup, so swapping should be easy. A shame it might be too small for covered BKPs though.

I might post NGD thread soon. I'm busy as hell.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
VERY cool guitar :eek:

')