The Carvin 7XX Club!

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I miss being a part of this club. :(

318318_256182171088228_1212586732_n.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sear

Reaction score
I keep telling myself I don't like the rounded body sides on the DC727/747, then someone posts a photo of their guitar and it blows me away.

Toejam

Reaction score
I keep telling myself I don't like the rounded body sides on the DC727/747, then someone posts a photo of their guitar and it blows me away.

The sculpted body sides are a standard option now, and you have to pay extra for rounded. I actually prefer the rounded sides.

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
The sculpted body sides are a standard option now, and you have to pay extra for rounded. I actually prefer the rounded sides.

Same here, I really like the look of Satch's guitars and they also sit extremely well in your lap and are very comfortable. I hate 90 degree angle bodies, it needs to be contoured a bit

Vinchester

Reaction score
Vinchester: Which top wood did you choose?

The guitar is Walnut/maple neck thru plus Swamp ash body wings. Top body wood is a thin plank of plain maple. It's painted black on top so only the side is visible.
I was hoping that the maple would be a bit whiter so it'd act as a creamy body binding. It turned out to be almost the same color as swamp ash though!

Toejam

Reaction score
Same here, I really like the look of Satch's guitars and they also sit extremely well in your lap and are very comfortable. I hate 90 degree angle bodies, it needs to be contoured a bit

I don't actually mind regular sculpted sides, just I like the rounded look a little better, and it is extremely comfortable. I also sit with my guitars classical style, resting on my left leg, as I hate the feel of a guitar over my right leg and could never balance it.

acj

Reaction score
The guitar is Walnut/maple neck thru plus Swamp ash body wings. Top body wood is a thin plank of plain maple. It's painted black on top so only the side is visible.
I was hoping that the maple would be a bit whiter so it'd act as a creamy body binding. It turned out to be almost the same color as swamp ash though!

Is this something you had to talk through with Carvin on the phone? I don't really see how you can order just the top wood to be finished like that, but it's awesome.

Vinchester

Reaction score
Is this something you had to talk through with Carvin on the phone? I don't really see how you can order just the top wood to be finished like that, but it's awesome.

It's option RNC (Rear Natural Clear) that's leaving back and side of the body unpainted. I ordered by phone yes, but by now it might already be on online builder. If you're in the States you can just order by phone they can explain things to you and maybe throw in a free strap because they are cool :yesway:

jay7string

Reaction score
Just got my first Carvin a CT7, awesome. The boys at carvin absolutely nailed it. pics to follow. Black DTS flame with thin burst, new passive pick ups.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
^ Yeap, that's exactly what it looks like!

Latest posts

')