The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stevexc

Reaction score
Hate to derail the conversation, but I'm strongly considering picking up a ZBM5 later on this year. Something like this (still undecided on the colour):

85de31b7a4.png

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
Hate to derail the conversation, but I'm strongly considering picking up a ZBM5 later on this year. Something like this (still undecided on the colour):

85de31b7a4.png

I think the Zeus shape is mega sexy, go for it. Be careful with that non returnable RTF though, is it really worth it?

stevexc

Reaction score
I think the Zeus shape is mega sexy, go for it. Be careful with that non returnable RTF though, is it really worth it?
The non-returnable part definitely makes me hesitant, but it looks so damn good...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
The non-returnable part definitely makes me hesitant, but it looks so damn good...
It does indeed, but I don't think it is worth the risk. Just my opinion, though. I've never had any issues with any of the two Kiesels I've ordered, but I'd like to play it safe.

SDMFVan

Reaction score
This description to me sounds like someone who is good at bullshitting and making it seem like it's based on fact. I get that vibe from Paul in general and it's hard to separate if what he states is fact or opinion. He seems like the guy who delivers what he says with such calm confidence that it's easy to believe.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. A bullshitter he is not. The guy is just on a different level than most. Case in point, he invented a way to utilize soundwaves to make x-ray images clearer using less radiation, which came about from all the work he's done studying soundwaves in instruments: https://www.businesswire.com/news/h.../Guitar-Maker-Paul-Reed-Smith-Team-Scientists

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score
See, that's the exact opposite impression that I've got. Paul has been obessing over guitars since he was a kid, it's literally his life, so he has all these in depth ideas and crazy theories that are just out there and nuts, but passionate, and he'll happily go into a giant tangent to support whatever the theory is and argue with anyone in huge detail.

I love that actually, if you're going to charge $2k just to get a guitar made in your core line I'd really hope you are a complete guitar freak like that. He might not be right about everything, but good luck proving him wrong.

Also, the raw tone finish is great dude, I'd absolutely go for it!

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Yeah, the Delos is a really nicely executed 24-fret Stratty thing. I don’t really like the headstock but can get over it.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
The K at the 12th is an insta-nope.

No, no, no, hear me out: So, if we start with A in the first space, between the nut and first fret, and we call that the “first note playable on that string,” aka the open string, then B in the second space, corresponding to the first fret, or “second note playable on that string,” and keep going, we get to K, corresponding to the 11th note playable on that string. It’s not for Kiesel, it’s the alphabetization if the inter-fret spacing. It’s really all about the Illuminati and ancient biblical passages. At least that’s what I keep telling myself so I don’t see Jeff’s head in my brain saying, “rad” whenever I play the 12th fret.

Bdtunn

Reaction score

85de31b7a4.png

My Zeus gas is getting real as well, I’ve spec’d out a few over the last few weeks :)

tedtan

Reaction score
No, no, no, hear me out: So, if we start with A in the first space, between the nut and first fret, and we call that the “first note playable on that string,” aka the open string, then B in the second space, corresponding to the first fret, or “second note playable on that string,” and keep going, we get to K, corresponding to the 11th note playable on that string. It’s not for Kiesel, it’s the alphabetization if the inter-fret spacing. It’s really all about the Illuminati and ancient biblical passages. At least that’s what I keep telling myself so I don’t see Jeff’s head in my brain saying, “rad” whenever I play the 12th fret.

You, sir, have a gift of rationalizing guitar purchases.

Buthter

Peasant
Reaction score
Placed an Osiris order last week. :D Thanks to everyone who helped me make that decision.

-O6X
-Black limba body & neck
-Rear natural clear
-Deep black cherry over flamed maple
-Chambered body
-Thinner neck profile
-Royal ebony fretboard
-Staggered offset dot inlays
-Black pickup poles & hardware

Last edited by a moderator:

spudmunkey

Reaction score
At 3PM, Jeff's showing a new headstock, likely meant to pair well with the Delos since that was the photo used in the instagram post.

...But in that post, he added two hashtags:
#roasted
#roastedneck

And the guitar in the photo looks like it has darkened maple fretboard and neck, but without the tell-tale un-stained fretboard edges that come from getting their "baked" KTB (stained) option.

Last edited:

bnzboy

Asian Dying
Reaction score

OMG mindblown, that's genius!

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
roasted maple finally.. "REAL" roasted maple. I might have to get another Kiesel dammit lol It'll be awhile, but il get a cheap one someday (solid color, basic specs) probably. Go along with my HH7 and ST300 I guess.

(PS I might take some "blame" for Jeff hating roasted maple.. since I sent him some in 2013 and apparently it wasnt done properly from the guy I ordered from, so my ST300 was done with mahogany in the end.. but glad to see he finally came to his senses and decided to work with it again... I think its superior when done right)

Last edited:

Latest posts