The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
It seems that way...with that said...I prefer the more strealined, less "flipper" like Bolt and GH3 horns.
Agreed, I actually like the thinner horns and body of the Bolt over the Delos. Not a huge deal, but the Delos just looks like a Bolt that gained weight.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I do wish the curve of the pickguard on the bass side of the body more closely matched the outline of the body. It's pretty close on the 24 fret model, but on the 22, it's just like a strat. The Bolt and GH3 don't have this design element, and i prefer it like how those two models.

That said, If they did that, the shape of the body would have to change, or maybe the pickguard could look weird if they just tried to change that.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Delos run is closed. 143 guitars sold in two days, apparently (they ship an average of 16-ish per day, for reference/comparison).

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score
So ... what's the overunder for the number of days before a guitar from the Delos run shows up in Reverb?

spudmunkey

Reaction score
So ... what's the overunder for the number of days before a guitar from the Delos run shows up in Reverb?

I almost believe that there will be at least one listing, where someone tries to just post their spec sheet and sell it from that. Will reverb let you do that? If so, I would not be shocked.

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score
130195b.jpg

Welp, just ordered that. Fuck .

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Is this a thing for some specific reason or just general gear whorage?
it's basically a thing that certain gear whores do. people order guitars with certain specs and then immediately try to sell them so they can order a different guitar with different specs. I've seen it happen with aristides and kiesel fanboys.

Jason B

Unbanned
Reaction score
In fairness to those brands, Periphery fans have been taught that losing thousands in flipping and gear-whoring gear in general will level-up your guitarin’ faster than practicing (“Instead of $1400 for the Jackson will you take $800 and a burnt chrome pink and slime green-screw laser gun-engraved battleworn ragnarok set and a Line 6 expression pedal? $$$ is tight while I’m saving for a custom Jackson”).

It was a head-scratcher until I put it together that the market shifted to buying guitars like they’re shoes. These “players” flip a dozen custom-specc’d guitars because they’re not playing any one of them enough to know for certain what they want in the first place, and they have the credit limit for pro-level guitars that pro-level players don’t.

iamaom

Reaction score
Ordered a Vader6 in march. They shipped it out yesterday TO THE WRONG FUCKING ADDRESS. My order form even showed my correct address.. Guy on phone said he'd call up FedEx but the shipping hasn't been rerouted and might be delivered Monday or Tuesday. Tried calling Kiesel and of course they're closed on Saturdays so I can't get anyone on the phone. Hope whoever answers the door on the other side of the country doesn't forge my signature and take my package.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Sign up for FedEx's (free) Delivery manager. You might be able to re-route it yourself, or at least have it held or delivered to a FedEx location.

I get an email any time a FedEx shipment is on route to me even if the sender doesn't notify me. And then there's certain things you can do with the shipments that you can't necessarily do over the phone as the recipient and not the sender.

https://www.fedex.com/apps/fdmenrollment/

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sign up for FedEx's (free) Delivery manager. You might be able to re-route it yourself, or at least have it held or delivered to a FedEx location.

I get an email any time a FedEx shipment is on route to me even if the sender doesn't notify me. And then there's certain things you can do with the shipments that you can't necessarily do over the phone as the recipient and not the sender.

https://www.fedex.com/apps/fdmenrollment/

Definitely try it, but typically they don't let you modify the address of the shipment or hold it unless you're the sender.

When I signed up I needed to put a card on file for address verification, perhaps things have changed since then.

Though, while this is stressful and shitty, if you save all the documentation you should be fine, even if the person who actually gets the guitar is awful. Thankfully you're still within most banks' protection period, if it comes to that.

MatiasTolkki

Burn In Agony
Reaction score
Ordered a Vader6 in march. They shipped it out yesterday TO THE WRONG FUCKING ADDRESS. My order form even showed my correct address.. Guy on phone said he'd call up FedEx but the shipping hasn't been rerouted and might be delivered Monday or Tuesday. Tried calling Kiesel and of course they're closed on Saturdays so I can't get anyone on the phone. Hope whoever answers the door on the other side of the country doesn't forge my signature and take my package.

Wow, that's really fucked up dude.

prlgmnr

...that kind of idea
Reaction score
In fairness to those brands, Periphery fans have been taught that losing thousands in flipping and gear-whoring gear in general will level-up your guitarin’ faster than practicing (“Instead of $1400 for the Jackson will you take $800 and a burnt chrome pink and slime green-screw laser gun-engraved battleworn ragnarok set and a Line 6 expression pedal? $$$ is tight while I’m saving for a custom Jackson”).

It was a head-scratcher until I put it together that the market shifted to buying guitars like they’re shoes. These “players” flip a dozen custom-specc’d guitars because they’re not playing any one of them enough to know for certain what they want in the first place, and they have the credit limit for pro-level guitars that pro-level players don’t.
You're back! Where've you been? What problem does my spellchecker have with "where've"?

')