The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I don't hate it and it does look good in some angles, but is it just me or does it look like the guitar melted and is now drooping when looking at it from the front?

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
I don't hate it and it does look good in some angles, but is it just me or does it look like the guitar melted and is now drooping when looking at it from the front?

its mostly because all the junk in the trunk throws off the visual balance.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I don’t like it at all. I do like the Delos, though, so I guess it just shows that (for me) simply cutting the headstock off can take a guitar from good to bad.

BUT, this is a great entry point for someone wanting a headless for not too much cash.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
81727530_2456364487818703_4583146579220758528_o.jpg

Gah I knew it...

I recently bought a headless with junk in the trunk and now i'm on a one way train to no taste ville

PF Chang

Reaction score
I could go for a Delos-style single cut (TL/Solo). The Zeus lacks symmetry and has a disproportionate upper to lower half of the body.

CapinCripes

Trem Snob
Reaction score
Honestly though my first thought was that strat guys would love it as a nice (9 times out of 10 and god help you if your number 10) travel guitar. Its 3 inches shorter than traveler guitars equivalent the travelcaster and far less stupid looking and guaranteed to be better made. That said I then realized that a lot of strat guys are a bit militant about the whole 6 screw bridge thing so.. headless may not be for the more militant ones.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Mark Okubo from Veil of Maya has a signature model now. Similar to the Cam Liddell sig model, it's basically na options package for a (mostly) existing model. It's a DC700 with just a bridge pickup, the Kiesel/hipshot trem, black hardware, black pickups with black pole pieces, and a new 7-string "Pointy re-issue" headstock...the one the JB207C should have come with when they model came out...

Capture3.JPG

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Latest posts

')