The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I have to assume it comes with the 20" fretboard radius and thin neck option. Assuming all of those, I'm getting around $1750 for a "normal" DC700 with all of those visible specs (tung oil neck, polatiry pickups with black pole pieces, an upgraded headstock, a $100 finish (just a guess there), black hardware, etc).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I'd love to know if I could add a neck pickup. I doubt it since it's his signature, but I'd love to know.

EDIT: Looks like it comes standard with a Polarity set in the bridge and neck, but you can delete the neck pickup and 5 way blade if you want.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
The headstock has a Solar vibe to it, i think. It somehow seems a bit "swoopier" than their 6-string inline angled "reissue" pointy.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 62

HungryGuitarStudent

Reaction score
Different strokes for different folks, but if I was going for that look, I’d prefer having something like a strat or a Schecter Nick Johnston than this.

Personally, I play headless guitars mostly for ergonomics, but I still find these models not very sexy when compared to Vaders or Strandbergs. If there’s a market of people who like them, then who am I to judge.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
81727530_2456364487818703_4583146579220758528_o.jpg

Gah I knew it...

I recently bought a headless with junk in the trunk and now i'm on a one way train to no taste ville

with the normal Strat body, it just looks like a travel guitar.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Not that anyone was expecting anything different, but it appears that Carvin has no NAMM presence this year. I remember one of the last years, they had their products in the Vola and Acacia Guitars booths, but there's no mention of anything like that this year that i've come across.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Not that anyone was expecting anything different, but it appears that Carvin has no NAMM presence this year. I remember one of the last years, they had their products in the Vola and Acacia Guitars booths, but there's no mention of anything like that this year that i've come across.
It looks like they are still around though as their site has been updated for 2020. Honestly I'm amazed they still exist as I never see anyone with any newer Carvin equipment.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
It looks like they are still around though as their site has been updated for 2020. Honestly I'm amazed they still exist as I never see anyone with any newer Carvin equipment.

Yeah, they even just came our with a new pedalboard power amp (seems to be just a re-badge of the same one Harley Benton which sells for 30% less than the Carvin.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Anyone know if the flake Kiesel does is strictly silver (MFS) or is it available in other colors? I’m specifically wondering if it’s available in gold, as I love the Ohmura twinkle pink finish. But I can’t find any info online.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Ah, so there was a MFG! I thought I remembered that. Although, the gold on pink doesn’t look like the ESP Twinkle Pink, so I might have to rethink that....

mbardu

Reaction score
If I had to describe what I see when I google "esp twinkle pink", I would describe it to Kiesel like, "Your old Pearl Purple color with rainbow sparkle."

A new build of their old pearl purple:
View attachment 76491

Their rainbow sparkle on lavender, with aqua and black bursts:
View attachment 76492

Geez that would be awfully close.
'yer a Wizard Spud!

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
I am a sucker for their RNC wih a solid color top. I had a VM8 with ash body and top and the top was seafoam rawtone. I miss that guitar

')