The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Screenshot_20200624-174913_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20200624-165208_Instagram.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
i do really dig the upper bout pickup selector toggle switch. I assume that means it's a push-pull coil split pot (which I do prefer, as it gives another option or two over the 5-way).

mbardu

Reaction score
i do really dig the upper bout pickup selector toggle switch. I assume that means it's a push-pull coil split pot (which I do prefer, as it gives another option or two over the 5-way).

It is, Jeff confirmed it.

Avedas

Reaction score
Someday Kiesel will release a headless model I like.

Today is not that day.

mbardu

Reaction score
Someday Kiesel will release a headless model I like.

Today is not that day.

I'd take a Vader anyday over a Strandy, but I can totally see why someone else would feel the other way around though!

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They really should just go for it and make a Kiesel-berg. Enough folks cross shopping headless come down to the two brands, might as well make the decision easier.

Kiesel doesn't seem to have a problem with basing models on existing designs, and at this point any bad press would be miniscule compared to those who would buy them. I think.

In a better world Strandberg would just license the design to Kiesel.

Avedas

Reaction score
I, for one, would drop Strandberg in an instant if Kiesel made a clone. Lack of Endurneck isn't a deal breaker at all, and the Kiesel customizability makes up for that easily. Quality is probably better overall too.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Everything has a trem from the looks of it.

yup. I still hate the junk in the trunk. But this is the first model that has artfully covered it. Unlike the plumber's butt of the Osiris and zeus. now if they would just respond to my emails.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
yup. I still hate the junk in the trunk. But this is the first model that has artfully covered it. Unlike the plumber's butt of the Osiris and zeus. now if they would just respond to my emails.

Try talking about assess less.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Alright, tits I can see, but I think you need to see a urologist immediately.

Ha, not me, I'm OK with the vader...but I see lots of people who comment saying it looks like balls to them. Probably the same people who say the (now retired) signature inlays looked like sperm, the horn on the Xcellerator was too phallic, etc. The heart sees what the heart wants, I guess. :lol:

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
I'm interested to hear what you say about it. Kiesel is still a very 50/50 feeling for me. Was it a new or used one?

I got it new. I bought a friends build who needed to sell. It is really cool. I have gone over it with a fine tooth comb. It is a gold sparkle VM7 with roasted maple neck and ebony board. I definitely dig it.

I have gone back and forth on my opinions of these instruments. Sometimes they are remarkable and other times they are "Oh okay". I guess it also makes it easier other people decicing the specs. Maybe if I order this new model, I will just have this thread do my specs. (Within reason)

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
Hey guys. I would wait to order it until like August-September. Kiesel generally does a yearly run. Maybe they will do one of her

')