The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Hey guys. I would wait to order it until like August-September. Kiesel generally does a yearly run. Maybe they will do one of her
Jeff said on the live stream that they have so many orders that they might not be able to do a run. Even if they did one, he said it probably wouldn't be the new model. Maybe the neck through aries? He also said that prices for every model will go up starting July 1st.

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
Jeff said on the live stream that they have so many orders that they might not be able to do a run. Even if they did one, he said it probably wouldn't be the new model. Maybe the neck through aries? He also said that prices for every model will go up starting July 1st.

But money. I would not be surprised if they did a Leia run.

mbardu

Reaction score
But money. I would not be surprised if they did a Leia run.

Runs have been more of a boon to buyers than to them in the past.
Right now they are rolling in orders, and increasing prices soon. Don't think money will be a problem.

Avedas

Reaction score
He also said that prices for every model will go up starting July 1st.

Damn, really? I'm putting in my DC600 order tomorrow, but maybe I should finish speccing out the NAM7 I want to do and put that through as well.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
111111.jpg
11111.JPG
1111.jpg
111.jpg
11.jpg
1.jpg

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I'm suprised it doesn't have two, like the Holdsworth and Vader. if it were in the middle, the width of the strap would make reaching the tuners awkward, i think.

mbardu

Reaction score
I'm suprised it doesn't have two, like the Holdsworth and Vader. if it were in the middle, the width of the strap would make reaching the tuners awkward, i think.

I don't love the double setup of the Vaders (prefer the guitars to be able to stay at an angled/upright position if that makes sense), but still better than that setup IMO.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Could you request them not to install the strap buttons? Like the least invasion OP50 ever? :lol:

I remember seeing one example of that. If deleting a control knob is a non-returnable option, I imagine "no strap buttons" could be, too. :lol:

i wonder if it could go on the back face of the body?

mbardu

Reaction score
I wonder if the guitar being singlecut is just too top-heavy to put the strap button lower (on the other side of the bridge) lest it would want to "rotate" towards the ground?

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
I wonder if the guitar being singlecut is just too top-heavy to put the strap button lower (on the other side of the bridge) lest it would want to "rotate" towards the ground?
it's there so it's out of the way in classical position. if it was on the other you'd be in the strap. although why you're strapped in while playing sitting down classical..

mbardu

Reaction score
it's there so it's out of the way in classical position. if it was on the other you'd be in the strap. although why you're strapped in while playing sitting down classical..

I can play in classical position on the Vader, 0 problem.
Never even imagined it could be seen as an issue.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
It was 2014, but I did have a different strap button location on a Vader as Opt 50 before.. might still be available.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I can play in classical position on the Vader, 0 problem.
Never even imagined it could be seen as an issue.

"Classical position" means differnt things to different people. If you play with an elevated leg, it's less of an issue than if your feet are flat. It seems easy to bump the tuners. On the shorter-scale model, the tuners are pulled into the body a little more than the 27" scale models, so the tuners stick out further on the 27" scale. I could see a 25.5" scale version being less likely to come across this issue that some folks have. Also, if you've got the trem, any slight bump to the bridge with your leg would more the bridge.

I've heard a lot of people say, though, that they do touch the tuners with their thigh, but don't have discomfort of tuning issues. That's fine, but i don't like the idea of putting any sideways stress on the tuners. As solid as they may feel, it's still just a long screw, sticking way out like a torque-amplifying lever, attached to moving parts.

maxresdefault.jpg

The Thanos bass and models like the Type X have exaggerated versions of these conditions. You can imagine that if this just slid down onto his right thigh, that the load-bearing element would be the bridge tuners. now, i say this as someone who's only played Vaders for a couple of minutes, and I play on my right thigh anyway, so I am just going off what i remember reading, and just perception based on photos.
images

Last edited:

mbardu

Reaction score
"Classical position" means differnt things to different people. If you play with an elevated leg, it's less of an issue than if your feet are flat. It seems easy to bump the tuners. On the shorter-scale model, the tuners are pulled into the body a little more than the 27" scale models, so the tuners stick out further on the 27" scale. I could see a 25.5" scale version being less likely to come across this issue that some folks have. Also, if you've got the trem, any slight bump to the bridge with your leg would more the bridge.

I've heard a lot of people say, though, that they do touch the tuners with their thigh, but don't have discomfort of tuning issues. That's fine, but i don't like the idea of putting any sideways stress on the tuners. As solid as they may feel, it's still just a long screw, sticking way out like a torque-amplifying lever, attached to moving parts.

maxresdefault.jpg

The Thanos bass and models like the Type X have exaggerated versions of these conditions. You can imagine that if this just slid down onto his right thigh, that the load-bearing element would be the bridge tuners. now, i saw this as someone who's only played Vaders for a couple of minutes, and I play on my right thigh anyway, so I am just going off what i remember reading, and just perception based on photos.
images

The Thanos bass is absolutely the worst.
I would only really play it standing.

The Vaders with trem can be troublesome with one particular angle where you can push the trem a bit with your leg if you're not paying attention. The Vader with a fixed bridge though? Not really a problem. Even with the "worst" classical position, the large majority (if not 100%) of the weight of the guitar is still on the wood, not on the tuners.

Now that I think about it, even the type X is probably OK too.
Unless you really play with the neck way further away from you than the guitar body, it looks like the guitar should rest on the body wood behind the bridge, not on the tuners. I have not tried one in person though.

Last edited:

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
So I was literally playing around in the Zeus builder yesterday thinking I would order one if only it was neck-through. I guess that's a sign I have to get it now?

mbardu

Reaction score
So I was literally playing around in the Zeus builder yesterday thinking I would order one if only it was neck-through. I guess that's a sign I have to get it now?

Dew it.
Preferably now if you want to save a few $$ before the price increase.

')