The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
I, for one, would drop Strandberg in an instant if Kiesel made a clone. Lack of Endurneck isn't a deal breaker at all, and the Kiesel customizability makes up for that easily. Quality is probably better overall too.

The quality should be better, since the Strandberg is just an expensive Cort.

Avedas

Reaction score
The quality should be better, since the Strandberg is just an expensive Cort.
I don't even consider any Strandbergs not made in Japan now. I got mine during the Korea days and while I'm certainly biased, it's definitely ahead of all the Indonesian Strandbergs I've played in the last couple years. I think Japanese Strandbergs are up there with the best, but the custom shop price tags are not worth it.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
They really should just go for it and make a Kiesel-berg. Enough folks cross shopping headless come down to the two brands, might as well make the decision easier.

Kiesel doesn't seem to have a problem with basing models on existing designs, and at this point any bad press would be miniscule compared to those who would buy them. I think.

In a better world Strandberg would just license the design to Kiesel.

And, Ola hasn't done much to entice us to order a second strandy over the last couple of years. No new colors, features, etc. Meanwhile, everyone and their sister has a compact headless in a variety of colors and features.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
I don't even consider any Strandbergs not made in Japan now. I got mine during the Korea days and while I'm certainly biased, it's definitely ahead of all the Indonesian Strandbergs I've played in the last couple years. I think Japanese Strandbergs are up there with the best, but the custom shop price tags are not worth it.

I’ve only seen a handful of them, but each one was definitely not impressive. They should be ashamed of themselves for charging that much for a Cort guitar.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I’ve only seen a handful of them, but each one was definitely not impressive. They should be ashamed of themselves for charging that much for a Cort guitar.
Well, in their defense they're not "Cort guitars." There are very few factories that make production instruments, and they have different lines and QC for each brand/model.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Well, in their defense they're not "Cort guitars." There are very few factories that make production instruments, and they have different lines and QC for each brand/model.

They’re made by Cortek, yes? And regardless of their origin in Indonesia, they do not, IMO, exceed Cortek quality. They’re grossly overpriced.

kisielk

Reaction score
According to the Facebook page the Leia will also be available in 24.75" scale. That just greatly increased the chance of me ordering one.

Unfortunately for some people apparently 6 or 7 string only and no multiscale option.

kisielk

Reaction score
Leia va Zeus overlay gif, in case anyone was curious. The new Leia is indeed both narrower and shorter in length than the Zeus.

https://i.imgur.com/5vQREgX.gif
That looks way better proportioned than the Zeus as a 6 string. I like my Zeus 8 but was always hesitant of getting a 6 because I thought the neck looked pretty skinny compared to the oversized body.

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
Same, I would only order an 8 string Zeus; the 6 and 7 feels too big. The Laia looks a polished version of the Zeus for 6 string.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
why no multiscale tho

Well, with the tuners ending right at the edge of the body, it would mean one of two things. 1) they could extend the body, 2) the tuners would stick out behind the body. We know they are willing to due that based on the Thanos, but it would be the first time for their guitars. And finally, the body is pretty darn small. Multiscle means longer scale, and with the tiny body, that may not balance well, even as a headless.

iamaom

Reaction score
They should be ashamed of themselves for charging that much for a Cort guitar.
Have you seen Cort's prices lately (6 string basses nearly $1K USD)? Cort should be ashamed for charging that much for a Cort.

MSS

Reaction score
When’s the 4th sale begin? C’mon guys!

spudmunkey

Reaction score
When’s the 4th sale begin? C’mon guys!
Screenshot_20200701-002925_Email.jpg
Screenshot_20200701-002952_Email.jpg

Latest posts

')