The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
*crowd boos*

Let's not shit on people's pending NGDs because you dislike the looks of Kiesels. There's a complete million page thread dedicated to shitting on Kiesel.
You’re misunderstanding me. I was saying it doesn’t look like a Kiesel in terms of it not being over the top and gaudy. Remember?
K109b.jpg

Last edited:

mbardu

Reaction score
You’re misunderstanding me. I was saying it doesn’t look like a Kiesel in terms of it not being over the top and gaudy. Remember?

Aaaah OK.

So I guess all ESPs are like this:
ii000btiwvqsv25ykdsxphi06.jpg

And all PRS are like this?
iiiPRS.jpg

But it's OK, they're not gaudy?

Got it. Or is it that other brands can do whatever, but we like to we cherry pick just when it's about randomly saying something against Kiesel while the poster above is pretty happy with his nice guitar?

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
Aaaah OK.

View attachment 85042

View attachment 85043

Got it. Or is it that other brands can do whatever, but we like to we cherry pick just when it's about randomly saying something against Kiesel while the poster above is pretty happy with his nice guitar?
Wow dude. Let it go. You’d think you gave birth to that particular guitar. I got better things to do than debate this with you.

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
Aaaah OK.

View attachment 85042

View attachment 85043

I wish they were

xzacx

Reaction score
2Cgu07.md.jpg

That's my DC600 they posted today. Honestly I expected a bit more denim in the fade but can't complain too much, it looks pretty damn great.

I don't know what you had in mind exactly, but I think the finish looks really cool. The fade pattern—how the tips of the horns have the most contrast—reminds me of how Tyler does Jimi Bursts.

Last edited:

mbardu

Reaction score
Wow dude. Let it go. You’d think you gave birth to that particular guitar. I got better things to do than debate this with you.

lmao, says the guy who specifically went out of his way to jump in, criticize with no reason while the dude was just sharing his new upcoming guitar, then refused to back down, spent time to search for a particularly funky Kiesel to post, and then doesn't have time anymore when his points make no sense. K then bye :lol:

Last edited:

mbardu

Reaction score
I don't know what you had in mind exactly, but I think the finish looks really cool. The fade pattern—how the tips of the horns have the most —reminds me of how Tyler does Jimi Bursts.

Agreed 100%- at least that's where everyone agrees actually :lol:
It's just one angle but that looks like a top notch pretty subtle fade.

mbardu

Reaction score
Come on guys. That's a very good looking Ibanez. let's not fight.

An Ibanez with actual woods, nice non plain finish that will actually last, a neck through plus great stainless steel fretwork; now that's definitely my favorite type of Ibanez :)

spudmunkey

Reaction score
2Cgu07.md.jpg

That's my DC600 they posted today. Honestly I expected a bit more denim in the fade but can't complain too much, it looks pretty damn great.

That one's yours? That's super cool. Love the contrast with the blue and the black limba. Of the "pics of the day", yours was the one i downloaded to post, and almost posted it here anyway. :)

Avedas

Reaction score
I don't know what you had in mind exactly, but I think the finish looks really cool. The fade pattern—how the tips of the horns have the most contrast—reminds me of how Tyler does Jimi Bursts.
All I asked for was a deep blue to denim, and I think they definitely nailed it! No jarring color transition and just the right amount of figuring on the top for me.

Just got a shipping notification this morning, so I should have it by next week.

mbardu

Reaction score
All I asked for was a deep blue to denim, and I think they definitely nailed it! No jarring color transition and just the right amount of figuring on the top for me.

Just got a shipping notification this morning, so I should have it by next week.

If you asked for "Deep blue to denim" I kinda see what you meant by "not very denim".
It's not a full "blue denim" like on a full on flat finish.

Denim.jpg

But you know what, in your case, I think it looks way better for it.
Denim looks great on its own, but the fade you're getting is looks very delicate.
Like you said, the opposite of jarring- which is often what makes or breaks a fade.

Good luck for the NGD wait now :lol:
Edit: What pickups did you go with btw?

Avedas

Reaction score
If you asked for "Deep blue to denim" I kinda see what you meant by "not very denim".
It's not a full "blue denim" like on a full on flat finish.

View attachment 85101

But you know what, in your case, I think it looks way better for it.
Denim looks great on its own, but the fade you're getting is looks very delicate.
Like you said, the opposite of jarring- which is often what makes or breaks a fade.

Good luck for the NGD wait now :lol:
Edit: What pickups did you go with btw?
I got Lithium bridge and Beryllium neck. I've never had Kiesel humbuckers before so I'll see how they are, but I had a Silo set earmarked for this guitar.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
2Cgu07.md.jpg

Wow, nice specs, dude! I will agree that this is definitely not a Kiesel designed guitar. The tasteful and understated choices here make it look really unique. I’d like to see more people do builds like this. And I see what you mean about the denim as well, but I much prefer this to the typical denim look, so I think you lucked out.

Avedas

Reaction score
The guitar arrived today and it is truly perfect! Can't find a single flaw with it. The finish is insane in various lighting, the top flame is vibrant and deep, and the black limba figuring is pretty nuts. I love the thinner neck profile with a tung oil finish. I like the Beryllium pickup all around. The Lithium is great on leads but a bit thin on rhythm and cleans.

Anyway it's going straight back in the box since I'm moving in a few days, but I'll take some proper pics afterward.

Latest posts

')