The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
The guitar arrived today and it is truly perfect! Can't find a single flaw with it. The finish is insane in various lighting, the top flame is vibrant and deep, and the black limba figuring is pretty nuts. I love the thinner neck profile with a tung oil finish. I like the Beryllium pickup all around. The Lithium is great on leads but a bit thin on rhythm and cleans.

Anyway it's going straight back in the box since I'm moving in a few days, but I'll take some proper pics afterward.

Looks really nice. Good choices on the specs!

Avedas

Reaction score
Still getting set up at my new place. Hopefully I'll have some time to take pics this weekend.

In the meantime, they posted my Aries on the FB page:
120291368_2767351530214798_8062289117710264302_o.jpg

I got a shipping notification this morning so it should be here next week!

Reaction score
Hey what's up guys I just got my Kiesel Vader VM7 the other day and thought maybe ya'll would like to see it :)

Black Limba Neck and Body with 2 Maple Stripes.
Deep Dragonburst Quilted Maple Top
Roasted Flamed Maple Fretboard
Black Hardware with Abalone Inlays
Abalone Dot Inlays with K Logo on 12th Fret
Thorium Bridge and Lithium Neck Pickups

GLg8t30.jpg

fofYY0I.jpg

0bOX1se.jpg

m3Y9Uln.jpg

zVnxmdt.jpg

GRHxVB7.jpg

This thing is hands down the best guitar I've ever played in my life! It's my first 7-string and first multiscale and I am absolutely in love with it. That's my old Carvin DC200 that my dad got me used for my 16th birthday. It's the only other electric guitar I have and I've been playing it for 16 years and have been wanting/needing a new guitar for a while now. So glad to finally have my dream guitar and have been playing a lot more ever since I got it. I'm just now realizing that this thread is under the standard guitars sub-forum and not a seven string thread but maybe having that shot of the 6-string Carvin at the end there makes it ok ;)

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Hey what's up guys I just got my Kiesel Vader VM7 the other day and thought maybe ya'll would like to see it :)

Black Limba Neck and Body with 2 Maple Stripes.
Deep Dragonburst Quilted Maple Top
Roasted Flamed Maple Fretboard
Black Hardware with Abalone Inlays
Abalone Dot Inlays with K Logo on 12th Fret
Thorium Bridge and Lithium Neck Pickups

GLg8t30.jpg

fofYY0I.jpg

0bOX1se.jpg

m3Y9Uln.jpg

zVnxmdt.jpg

GRHxVB7.jpg

This thing is hands down the best guitar I've ever played in my life! It's my first 7-string and first multiscale and I am absolutely in love with it. That's my old Carvin DC200 that my dad got me used for my 16th birthday. It's the only other electric guitar I have and I've been playing it for 16 years and have been wanting/needing a new guitar for a while now. So glad to finally have my dream guitar and have been playing a lot more ever since I got it. I'm just now realizing that this thread is under the standard guitars sub-forum and not a seven string thread but maybe having that shot of the 6-string Carvin at the end there makes it ok ;)

Good lookin fiddle

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
Hopefully a new online builder too.

The one they have now covers like 30% of what they're offering.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Even without a virtual builder, and even without tinkering with the actual order-placement builder, there's still stupid little things they could do to make it so much more user-friendly as a resource, with very little investment.

On the "Guitars" and "Bass" pages, just have categories. Put a simple menu at the top, with different categories, and their options:

6 Strings
7 Strings
8 Strings
12 Strings

Models with headstocks
Headless models

Bolt-On neck construction
Neck-Through neck construction
Set Neck neck construction
Set-Through neck construction

24.75" scale length
25" scale length
25.5" scale length
26.5" scale length
27" scale length
Multiscale

etc etc.

Right now, you've just got one monolithic page with every model listed, with no clear organization.

Then, maybe once per month, they could roll-out a single page that just showcases and explains a specific option category. Like start with one page with all of their headstock shape options, and their names/codes. Then a month later, roll out a singe page with all of their headstock logo colors/materials. Then a page talking about the fretboard radius options, etc etc. Every so often, you'll have one that requires a little bit more of a deeper dive, like neck finishes. Then one that goes over the standard "back and sides" finish options, etc etc.

')