The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
If only I had the $3k Jeff was speaking of... :( at least now I get to have fun thinking about which model I could do this to, whenever I get another Carvin. I've been thinking about an SCB6 like the white one with the natural walnut binding that was posted a few pages back, but now this... ok, fuck.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

imnotnollynollynolly

Reaction score
If only I had the $3k Jeff was speaking of... :( at least now I get to have fun thinking about which model I could do this to, whenever I get another Carvin. I've been thinking about an SCB6 like the white one with the natural walnut binding that was posted a few pages back, but now this... ok, fuck.

See, they do the whole figured top thing so well but at the same time I kind of want something nice and simple. I was thinking like a seafoam green DC 600 with gold hardware and Floyd, flame maple neck/maybe birdseye neck, try to go for something a bit unique. Too many options!

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
See, they do the whole figured top thing so well but at the same time I kind of want something nice and simple. I was thinking like a seafoam green DC 600 with gold hardware and Floyd, flame maple neck/maybe birdseye neck, try to go for something a bit unique. Too many options!

Yeah, I'm always torn between the minimalist and the lavish, too :lol:

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
Pretty sure this one is mine:

1900064_744195562271476_1907823101_n.jpg

B)

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
^ I saw that one and instantly knew it had to belong to someone in this thread :lol:

Blitzie

Reaction score
So, I don't see these options on the website when you "build" your own. How do I select all these special features and stuff?

imnotnollynollynolly

Reaction score
So, I don't see these options on the website when you "build" your own. How do I select all these special features and stuff?

It you click one of the models, on the right side there should be a dialogue box with a Guitar Builder option in green writing. If it's not there I would try a different browser.

Kleshas

Don Cheeto
Reaction score

Do you mean some of the crazier options in this thread? Some of those can only be done if you call or order in store.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score

This is one of the comments that was posted on the album that Jeff posted of that Kiesel DC800:

"Wow! That's simply beautiful! Awesome you're releasing it as a package. Is there going to be some info added to the builder for the "Kiesel Edition" upgrade?
Like · Reply · 1 · 20 hours ago

Jeff Kiesel Yeah at some point we might. I feel with an order of this importance it should be done person to person over the phone."

And that applies to regular option 50's, too, which include some of the crazier options you've in this thread and elsewhere.

Jack Secret

Reaction score
I should point out that pic was from the end of my guitar hoarding days muddled with cheap Ibanezes and random company guitars. Hell, you can see a flight case containing the Ibanez FRM-1 in the corner. I'm at 13 Carvins, I Caparison & an Ibafake 540PII that I put together with superior woods that are better than the cheap wood Ibanez was making guitars from.

DC600 black korina....soon. Maybe 3 weeks. Soooooooooon!

Then...we start custom making Carvin semi hollow body guitars. :)

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
So, this is now a standard option!

1383215_476251292496709_1502062374_n.jpg

Carvin DC700 with a Hipshot bridge (Jeff called it a DC700H)

People are asking and Carvin seems to be delivering very quickly these days. :eek:

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
So, this is now a standard option!

1383215_476251292496709_1502062374_n.jpg

Carvin DC700 with a Hipshot bridge (Jeff called it a DC700H)

People are asking and Carvin seems to be delivering very quickly these days. :eek:

Im glad they've started offering more mainstream options that people enjoy, now all we need is an option to get regularly mounted pickups that aren't an opt 50 and we'll be golden :yesway:

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Direct-mounted pickups not being an opt 50 is coming.. when I placed my order in December, they said they had a code already for it (DMP or something similar) and it should be in the editor sometime soon. $50 upcharge still.

0 Xero 0

Reaction score
I'm stoked about the hipshot becoming a standard option. I figured it was only a matter of time, but I'm certainly glad they did that. Here's some exciting news posted on FB last night...
1921926_747620078595691_924533203_n.jpg

shadscbr

Reaction score
I'd like to give a nice shout out to Carvin, here is my story. I had sold off my last 2 high quality trem guitars (Suhr & JP7) to fund a custom. Though I'm really not a heavy trem user, the need certainly arises, and I found myself empty handed. I also wanted something that I could take on vacation and jams/parties where I might not feel safe taking an expensive guitar. So I was on the lookout for something high in quality, but reasonable in price. Used Carvin to the rescue! :)

I recently acquired this Carvin 727 as part of a trade, and I have to say, it is a great guitar. The stainless steel frets and satin neck really make it a joy to play. It has plenty of dings and some funky pickup routes which helped to keep the price in check. I feel like I can take it anywhere, and not be stuck with a crappy inferior guitar, and also not worry about its condition, a perfect match for my situation, here she is :yesway:

Shad

Latest posts

')