The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm excited, but still not ready to do an NGD yet(lost my phone, so no pics yet and I want to cop a gopro to shoot some vids), but I received my DC7X the other day and it is off the f*cking chain. I love it.

You guys are really going to love it, too.

I'll just leave you with this:

Very flamey flamed maple fretboard, abalone dots, black satin finish, and gold hardware.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
It's another word for any option that is not available on the website builder. You have to pay extra money for it and it makes your guitar non-returnable.

And you'll have to pay 50% upfront instead of the normal 20% required to start the build. (hence the name "option 50")
The details of the option50 will dictate how much the upcharge is.

An option 50 does not make the guitar non-returnable.
It only voids returns that are based on "I don't like this guitar for whatever reason". It still will have the warranty against defects for 1year.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
And you'll have to pay 50% upfront instead of the normal 20% required to start the build. (hence the name "option 50")

It only voids returns that are based on "I don't like this guitar for whatever reason". It still will have the warranty against defects for 1year.

More Ah.

So looks like they are moving in the right direction for DM?

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
More Ah.

So looks like they are moving in the right direction for DM?

dc600 is standard direct-mount, not sure with the 7's,8's.
I like the dc600 shape more if it has the top bindings, but not as much without them.
I like the standard fully-rounded dc, and the standard st300's which would be option50's for DM, but I'm lucky because I actually dig the rings on 6-strings.
I hate the look of rings on 7's and 8's :noplease:.

Matt_D_

Reaction score
So annoying that carvin's website always bounces to carvinworld if you're outside the US, even if you click the "US" thing. GRR.

Enselmis

Reaction score

That's interesting you say that. I didn't pay the 50% up front when I got the holdsworth headstock option 50'd on my bolt plus.

mbardu

Reaction score
That's interesting you say that. I didn't pay the 50% up front when I got the holdsworth headstock option 50'd on my bolt plus.

Didn't have to either on my previous order.

I don't think that's a thing, and I don't know who came up with that 50% thing. Never experienced or heard it before..

SnowfaLL

Reaction score

I don't think that's a thing, and I don't know who came up with that 50% thing. Never experienced or heard it before..

Very possible/probable they use it to brand new customers who have never ordered anything before, just as an insurance policy. Or salesmen say it just to scare people out of ordering opt 50s (I believe Mike said something along those lines to me.. but I paid in full anyways due to the dropping CAD)

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
MINE'S ALMOST DONE

10152475_750671281623904_2006641652_n.jpg

Garnoch

Reaction score
I saw that today - that was by far my favorite of the bunch - congrats, man!

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
They don't, but Manny (his name's Manny, right? I forget momentarily), the guy who runs Carvin's Facebook page, has taken the wonderful habit of doing daily runs through the shop, taking pictures of each guitar being built, and then puts them on Facebook. Practically every day. Which is awesome.

imnotnollynollynolly

Reaction score
They don't, but Manny (his name's Manny, right? I forget momentarily), the guy who runs Carvin's Facebook page, has taken the wonderful habit of doing daily runs through the shop, taking pictures of each guitar being built, and then puts them on Facebook. Practically every day. Which is awesome.

Right on, that's pretty sweet.

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score

Oh yeah, DEFINITELY not helping my Carvin GAS AT ALL.

Damn you Manny (if thats his name?), damn you.

Sincerely,

A future customer who's bank account cant handle being a future customer.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score

:shrug:
Maybe it was because I was a first timer, but they did require me to pay 50% up front.
My order was a dc125c with volume-only placed over to the side where the coil-split usually is. That was the only thing "special" about it.

All that really means is that you get a 30% discount on your second payment :lol:.

Garnoch

Reaction score
I had to pay 50% for one of my Carvins because it had Option 50s in it.

And for those interested, the new "Kiesel Editions" need to be paid up front in full. And those will have constant updates with pictures throughout the build process. You'll deal directly with Jeff Kiesel on those.

')