The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Secret

Reaction score
My new Carvin has gotten shipping confirmation. Hopefully here by Friday! You know what that means.....NGD pic thread!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
My black limba DC800 is here.

Workmanship is fantastic. On par with my Mayones.

The pickups are among the worst I've ever tried. Thank god I have a set of proper ones coming in soon.

I'll do a proper NGD thread in a bit.

zilla

Grand Poobah
Reaction score
just acquired my first Carvin in a trade - a gorgeous CT74. Should be here next week. It's going to be a LONG week....

specs: alder body, maple top, tung oiled neck, birdseye maple fingerboard, stainless jumbo frets.

(pics are from the original owner)

Duncan Pegasus and Sentient \m/

spn_phoenix_92

The Black Winter
Reaction score
Maybe someone could help me out, I've been looking online all morning to try to find Carvin's virtual guitar builder to see what all they have, but I can't find it anywhere. I've searched all over the Carvin site & went through page after page on google. I'm just not sure why it's not showing up. :scratch:

stevexc

Reaction score
What virtual guitar builder? AFAIK they only have the option forms for each model on their respective pages, not one overall builder. They don't have anything visual to say the least, and no plans for one.

zilla

Grand Poobah
Reaction score
go to the page of the model that you wish to build. There's a box on the right hand side under the price that says guitar builder in green

spn_phoenix_92

The Black Winter
Reaction score
What virtual guitar builder? AFAIK they only have the option forms for each model on their respective pages, not one overall builder. They don't have anything visual to say the least, and no plans for one.
Oh well I read a thread this morning somewhere on here where a user told someone to use Carvin's virtual guitar builder cause they were wanting ideas for a custom.

Jack Secret

Reaction score
My black limba DC800 is here.

Workmanship is fantastic. On par with my Mayones.

The pickups are among the worst I've ever tried. Thank god I have a set of proper ones coming in soon.

I'll do a proper NGD thread in a bit.

I KNOW you ain't hatin' on the Carvin house actives.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Oh well I read a thread this morning somewhere on here where a user told someone to use Carvin's virtual guitar builder cause they were wanting ideas for a custom.

You probably mean on their website, you can see the pricing with options (picking from a list of specs) when you go into the page of each individual model and click the "Build/Order your guitar" button

as far as a virtual builder in terms of an image, theres the psp file on the carvinbbs for the DC600 (change fretboard/colors/etc) but you need knowledge of photoshop to use it.

Jack Secret

Reaction score
My NGD is cancelled. Not happy with the result. Sorry guys.

speedyone

Addicted 2 Dat Shred
Reaction score
Sorry Jack that your NGD was a let down.

If you don't mind my asking, what model did you go for?

I sent in a Pic to Carvin for the kind of quilt top I wanted on my DC127, and they got it COMPLETELY wrong....not even close. They also gave me the wrong color hardware and no straplocks. My heart sank!

I kept it anyway though, as I didn't have a backup guitar, and didn't want to wait even LONGER to get a rebuild.

I've had two other great Carvins though.

Jack Secret

Reaction score
Aw maing, that sucks. Do you mind elaborating on what was wrong with it?

Sure. First thing. Plainest black limba you ever did see.

I almost mistook it for white limba but it's black, just zero characteristic streaks.

Second, wrong headstock. Asked for reverse inline, got 3x3 pointy.

Sad thing is...it f**king sounds and plays fantastic. I almost wanted to keep it but Mike Jones of Carvin called me after my post on the Carvin forums and said they want to make it right so I'm sending her back and I get a rebuild with his specific comments of what needs to be done and I'll get a new one in 4-5 weeks.

Will never say a bad thing about Carvin. Yes, I have to wait a few more weeks but like Mike said, in the long run I'll be happier for it.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
The guys at Carvin do mess up on orders from time to time, but at least they know how to take care of their costumers. That black limba does, indeed, look quite underwhelming, and them getting the wrong headstock is quite shitty. But, like I said, it's a good thing that they're stepping up so quickly. Hopefully your next one will be flawless. ;) Keep us posted!

ilyti

Lazy Ryebread Viking
Reaction score
Jack, I saw that and thought "finally someone ordered white limba!". I love the look of white limba and so far every limba Carvin has been black. I get that its not what you ordered and you're absolutely right to send it back, but just thought I'd let you know someone likes it. Maybe it'll end up in GIS.

Latest posts

')